Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70492
biomed161114
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47798
pyramider46370
bambino40458
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
Old Dingus
Valued Poster

Default Tebow Be Praised!

Dale Zanine-USA TODAY Sports

Tim Tebow Bill closer to becoming law in Texas

KEITH WHITMIRE |
Published: Friday, May 10, 2013, 4:53pm

THE ROAD TO SB XLVIII

From the opening kickoff to the Super Bowl, the best NFL action is on FOX. See the full NFL on FOX schedule.

Tim Tebow may never play for a Texas team, but his name and legacy could have a lasting impact in Texas.

Last week, the Texas Senate passed a bill, nicknamed the Tim Tebow Bill, that would allow home schooled students to play sports at the nearby public school.

The bill, according to The Dallas Morning News, still must pass the Texas House by the end of the current legislative session. If approved, it would go into effect for the 2013-14 academic year.

It's been dubbed the Tim Tebow Bill because Tebow took advantage of just such a situation. Tebow was home schooled but was also a star athlete at Nease High School in Ponte Vedra, Florida.

Other states have explored their own Tim Tebow Bills in the wake of his success. Currently, 27 states allow home school participants.

The issue has some controversial aspects to it, especially in Texas where public school proponents have fought against the inclusion of private schools in the UIL, which governs public school athletic contests in Texas.

Private schools have been able to compete in the UIL on a limited scale. Charter schools have also been admitted to the UIL. But the home school issue brings a new set of concerns.

Parents who home school their children still pay school taxes, which some say gives them the right to participate in public school activities.

Others have voiced concerns that home schooled athletes could lead to an unfair competitive advantage. For example, a student who struggles to maintain eligibility under Texas' No Pass, No Play rules could switch to being home schooled in order to keep playing.

Even if the Tim Tebow Bill were to pass, it would probably have some strict regulation attached to it. First and foremost would be restricting home schooled athletes to competing only for schools within their public school attendance zones.

But if the Tim Tebow Bill is anything like its namesake, overcoming hurdles and controversy comes with the territory.
Old Dingus is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dingus View Post

But if the Tim Tebow Bill is anything like its namesake, overcoming hurdles and controversy comes with the territory.
How is Tebow going to overcome the hurdle of not having an NFL arm?

Pray do tell....
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post

Pray do tell....
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #4
Dorian Gray
Premium Access

Encounters: 59

BRING ON THE CHEERLEADERS!!!

Dorian Gray is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
Old-T
Valued Poster

While I completely support allowing home schooled kids & charter school students to play sports, it is interesting that once again a group of people want to artificially glamorize Tebow as something much more than he was. Why can't folks in Texas (or the South for that matter) realize:
--He by all acounts seems to be a decent person
--He was an excellent college football player
--He is not an NFL quality quarterback

Therefore that makes him just like many, many other people, not someone worthy of sainthood or deification. Out of curiosity, where did he grow up? I don't know, but I thought it was in FL, not TX. If he was not a Texan, didn't play for a TX school, then why the fixation with tagging a good idea to "The Tebow Bill". Are there no worthy people in Texas woth referring to? A tallented kid who was shut out of playing in Texas because he/she was home schooled?

It has gotten to the point that a whole lot of Thumpers have gone over to the dark side of creating false idols, but of course they won't admit that.

I have nothing against Tebow. I even enjoyed watching him at Florida. But the absurd "He's a Christian THEREFOR people should overlook his tallent shortfall and quit persicuiting him" makes me want to puke every time I read crap like this. Pass the bill to give a lot of kids in TX a chance to play sports, not because of Tebow Idol worship.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #6
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

I agree; I prefer the approach to naming extremely bad laws after people...........

Like, The Affordable Healthcare Act For America, should officially be renamed to the ObamaCareTax On Middle Class Americans !
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #7
Old-T
Valued Poster

Ah yes....

Good Ol' Dizzy has to turn every thread into an Obama bash.

But you are slipping--you didn't get that dig in until the 6th post on here. Were you sleeping in today?
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #8
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Even when I agree with you, you choose to be disagreeable.............your a grumpy old T aren't you ?
Old 05-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #9
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post

Pray do tell....

golf
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #10
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Even when I agree with you, you choose to be disagreeable.............your a grumpy old T aren't you ?
Oh come now. No one believes that "I agree with you" drivel.

Grumpy? Not really. Cynical, mocking, curmudgeonly. Not grumpy. Can't laugh as well if one is grumpy.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:16 PM   #11
Glenn Quagmire
Lifetime Member

Encounters: 8

Bravo. The parents pay the taxes to support the public schools and I agree with giving the homes schooled a chance to play. As with anything, I am sure their will be abuses of the system.

How will they narrow the scope? Should cheerleaders be allowed if they don't attend a public school?

Whirlaway, please do not hijack threads. We are not stupid enough to think you care if this bill has a nickname.
Glenn Quagmire is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #12
CJ7
Valued Poster

back in the day, Cheerleaders decorated our lockers, put candy, cookies, and cup cakes (and in some cases, a pair of undies soaked in foo-foo juice sniff) , in school colored shoe boxes .. we were required to let them put on fresh lipstick and kiss our faces, by the end of the day we all had solid red faces .. pretty much made a big deal out of it ..

if the home schoolers want to miss out on that, shame on them
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #13
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Actually I do care; and I agreed with Old T........so don't try to speak for me............

And like i said, I do care how bills are named; And I think a good practice would be to name very bad legislation after the politician who promoted it ............

That comment is NOT a thread hijack; it is very much on topic !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire View Post

Whirlaway, please do not hijack threads. We are not stupid enough to think you care if this bill has a nickname.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #14
Old Dingus
Valued Poster

I try not to cuss on the Boards, but some of you stupid fucks are simply too dumb to read and grasp the obvious. Here is a hint from the article up above:

"It's been dubbed the Tim Tebow Bill because Tebow took advantage of just such a situation. Tebow was home schooled but was also a star athlete at Nease High School in Ponte Vedra, Florida."

It is a shame that some of you dumbasses are so self involved with your political bullshit that everything must be a conspiracy and nothing can be taken at face value.

Actually, other than wasting a little space, you really only embarrass yourselves.

Old Dingus
Old Dingus is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dingus View Post
I try not to cuss on the Boards, but some of you stupid fucks are simply too dumb to read and grasp the obvious. Here is a hint from the article up above:

"It's been dubbed the Tim Tebow Bill because Tebow took advantage of just such a situation. Tebow was home schooled but was also a star athlete at Nease High School in Ponte Vedra, Florida."

It is a shame that some of you dumbasses are so self involved with your political bullshit that everything must be a conspiracy and nothing can be taken at face value.

Actually, other than wasting a little space, you really only embarrass yourselves.

Old Dingus
I'm taking it 100% on face value:
--A bill in TEXAS somehow has to be "named" after a guy who never played in Texas
--A player with no current job in the NFL becomes the poster child the bill

Why? I hate to burst your bubble, but LOTS of TEXAS kids have been hurt by not being allowed to play on school teams--why not do what is TYPCALLY done and refer to the bill in a way that brings attention to one of the kids who was denied the opportunity, and whose story pushed this bill forward?

I am in favor of the bill, just against the Tebow Deification. I UNDERSTAND the point, I just very much disagree with it.
Old-T is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women