Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70397
biomed160392
Yssup Rider59879
gman4452896
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47475
pyramider46370
bambino40296
CryptKicker37070
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35251
Mojojo33117

Old 01-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #16
deacon
Premium Access

Encounters: 11

I agree with you BM, I think the law should require owners to secure their guns properly, this includes all guns not just assult weapons. Had the lady in CT secured her weapons properly this would have never happened. The right to owns guns comes with the responsibility to secure them and keep them from falling into the wrong hands...................BINGO spot on correct.
deacon is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #17
Johnny4455
Ambassador

Encounters: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahan View Post
The founding fathers made it very clear that the right to bear arms was not for hunting, noit for defense against criminals and murderers. It was to defend the country against a tyranical government. The government has assault rifles.
And the government has nuclear weapons and missiles. Do you believe you have a constitutional right to bear those arms to defend yourself against a tyrannical government?
Johnny4455 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #18
swarmyone
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

What constitutes "keeping your weapons secure"? Is it enough to keep my firearms in my home with the door locked? Do I need a safe? Once again, you are demonizing and criminalizing the lawful gun owner.

I live alone so I don't have to worry about someone else getting their hands on my guns. I have several weapons for home protection. Those are worthless if they are unloaded and in a gun safe. I have to disagree with DD here. I do have a handgun in my nightstand....and a shotgun behind the bedroom door...and an AR-15 in the bathroom if shit really hits the fan.
swarmyone is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #19
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmyone View Post
What constitutes "keeping your weapons secure"? Is it enough to keep my firearms in my home with the door locked? Do I need a safe? Once again, you are demonizing and criminalizing the lawful gun owner.

I live alone so I don't have to worry about someone else getting their hands on my guns. I have several weapons for home protection. Those are worthless if they are unloaded and in a gun safe. I have to disagree with DD here. I do have a handgun in my nightstand....and a shotgun behind the bedroom door...and an AR-15 in the bathroom if shit really hits the fan.
If you are not in your home your guns should be secured in a safe, most people dont they leave them in the night stand. Someone breaking into your home should not easily be able to remove your weapons for sale on the street. Its not punishing the gun owner to require that they take responsibility and reasonable caution to ensure that the weapons they own do not end up in the hands of someone who should not have them. I am a gun owner, I own assualt weapons, but they are secured so only I have access to them. If you are in your home then you can place them all on the bed and fondle yourself with them if you want because you have custodial possession of them. Question, if the gun is in your safe why is it unloaded?
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #20
bigryan222
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15

I would agree that the gun owner is responsible for the safety of their guns to a point. If they have kids, a person with mental health problems in the past/present, and maybe a few other situations where I think it is wreckless to leave guns unlocked. I dont think it is reasonable to say a person is responsible for illegal activites beyond that point though. It is setting a dangerous precedent after that point.

Anything can be made a deadly weapon even in the eyes of the law (including a cane from an elderly man recently) so if someone steals a pistol from my house and kills someone with it, how is that different from someone stealing a baseball bat and killing someone with it?

I did a brief search trying to find how the shooters mother stored the weapons and didnt find any information. She may have left it open, she may have given her son access, she may have died trying to protect the guns. We dont know the whole story but a lot of people are jumping to demand legislation. To bad many of them are not taking the time to educate themselves on the subject and are trying to ram legislation while outrage is high.

Im not saying that people that believe in more gun control are uneducated, but a lot of what is being posted online is pure garbage without regard to fact or logic. Senator Feinstien's draft legislation even wrecklessly quotes a study that admits that it didnt cover enough time to show whether the assualt weapons ban was working. That said, I do admit there is a lot of garbage comming from the gun rights crowd too.
bigryan222 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #21
bigryan222
Account Disabled

I will also say that even though I did not vote for President Obama either time, I do appreciate that it appears his approach is considering things that might actually make a difference. It will be interesting to see what Vice President Biden's group comes up with. I think that Senator Feinstein approach would just end up being the normal knee jerk failure of legislation.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #22
Johnny4455
Ambassador

Years ago dick Cheney voted against a bill which outlawed sale, production of plastic guns that avoid metal detection. I think almost all Americans would agree that is smart legislation. Can't we be smart about this. It isn't just gun control laws but that is part of it.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #23
deacon
Premium Access

so that means the bad guys would not have a glock? how many guns plastic guns were used on 911? and where is the vote on box knives?
Old 01-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #24
deacon
Premium Access

what the fuck does dick cheney have to do with any of this?
Old 01-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #25
bigryan222
Account Disabled

Not to be a dick, but I think you are part of the problem with the gun debate. Your hyperbole before and now envoking a Dick Cheney reference. Those comments are ment to appeal to peoples emotions and not logic.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #26
deacon
Premium Access

vp bidens group? lmao
Old 01-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #27
bigryan222
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon View Post
vp bidens group? lmao
Biden says even dumber things than Bush said, but it does appear that one thing he does well is to get opposing sides to come together.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #28
bigryan222
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny4455 View Post
Years ago dick Cheney voted against a bill which outlawed sale, production of plastic guns that avoid metal detection. I think almost all Americans would agree that is smart legislation. Can't we be smart about this. It isn't just gun control laws but that is part of it.
I forgot about the plastic gun ban and after a little research I think it is obvious that it is another thing that is part of the problem with gun control legislation. It was passed in 88 and did nothing. There were no plastic guns then, there are no plastic guns now. It came about from the fears of the rise of polymer guns such as glocks even though they have a fair amount of metal because they require it to work.

So Im not against the ban, I just think it is a stupid ban and they might as well outlaw unicorns. There is a reason the NRA supported it.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #29
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmyone View Post

Seem like a bit paranoid or live in the hood.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #30
Johnny4455
Ambassador

Dick Cheney was brought up to show our congressional reps are unwilling to support sensible gun legislation. Why would congressman Cheney vote no to that? I don't get yout your reference to no plastic guns used in 911, nor do I understand why you think that legislation was use less. Someone suggested I am making an emotional argument? Did you read the federal judge's articles I cited? Is he being emotional? Or instead is he articulating a progressive view of the need for some gun controls laws? Read and argue with his point of view.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women