Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47436
pyramider46370
bambino40286
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 09-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
FootLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 83
Default To Recommend or Not To Recommend

That is the question...

Are Reviews for the guys to suggest to their colleagues who is good to see? Or are they ads for providers?

How often have we seen reviews where the "Rest of the Story" (ROS) does not seem to match the Recommend field ("Yes")…?

It seems that a reviewer is torn between giving an accurate report, from his personal point-of-view, and worrying about hurting a provider's business by placing a "No" in the Recommend field.

For those with Premium Access, the Recommend field does not matter too much. Those guys can read the ROS and decide whether or not they think it is a "Yes".

I'm not sure how much a non-Premium guy relies on the Recommend. But I think to do so is a mistake, unless such guy is familiar with the reviewer making the Recommendation, comparing to providers in common with that reviewer. Even then, it could be the scenario above, where ROS does not match the "Yes".

I'm also not sure how much a "No" here affects a provider's business. I think these boards are a small percentage of most providers' business, but I have no statistics.

Were it not for non-Premium folks, we could probably just do away with the Recommend field.

Perhaps the Recommend field, if we have to have one, should be more 'flexible'. Maybe it should have choices (or write-ins) like:

- Performed as expected from the ad
- She's legit, but (insert your pet peeve here) will keep me away
- Did not live up to the ad
- Bait&Switch or other Rip-off
- Not what I like, but I think others would
- We did not 'click', but others might
- An Enjoyable Experience

Any ideas out there?
FootLong is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Although the Review Form allows only a Yes or No answer. Once a review is posted, it can be edited and then anything can be put in place of the yes or no that is in the Recommend field. Remember that any editing of a review must be done within the first hour of its posting.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
Pepper_Springfield
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 223154
My ECCIE Reviews

If I were a guy writing a review I would think that this is cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootLong View Post
Perhaps the Recommend field, if we have to have one, should be more 'flexible'. Maybe it should have choices (or write-ins) like:

Any ideas out there?
Pepper_Springfield is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
Guest080312-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 32

FL -- I like this idea. I would also recommend an entry for "Provider's Attitude"; For the benefit of those w/o Premium Access, I included a comment on attitude in the "Physical Description" entry" of my most recent review.

I think such an entry would clarify and/or reinforce the choices you're proposing.
Guest080312-1 is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
undercover1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

I like Foot's suggestion as well. I'd like all those listed and be able to check which ones apply (may be more than one)
undercover1 is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #6
katkisses2000
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 32295
My ECCIE Reviews

I think that people give mixed reviews so that way the provider can be all theirs,so that way the pro can be at thier beck and call and not have to worry about missing out on something.
Or it could be that they heard threw the grape vine that the pro did something with another hobbiest that they didnt do with them maybe.
could be just something that maybe someone just had a off day.everyone is diffent and well to each their own,no one knows what others are thinking when they write a review
katkisses2000 is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:06 PM   #7
dosetank
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

From FootLong:

Thanks, I like this much better than No or Yes, I had a TOFT and others had asked prior to my time with her what she was like, any reviews etc. I really didn't want to put a NO as my expectations were higher than what she offered for the price, but she didn't discuss or hint at ANYTHING prior to the meeting and I was going on 2 reviews from another site, so it was a gamble, would I personally reccommend, NO, but not really because of her, it was just services were limited for price, and of course her pictures were tactfully taken. I didn't even think about going back and editing the no and yes to something different. Cool, otherwise I would have not probablly written a review. So instead of NO, I will write, She's Legit(Limited menu,$, rushed attitude) will Keep me away. Not stellar, but it would let the provider know of expectations not met, and also any other clients who weren't looking for the same thing I was, know, that maybe this is what they were looking for.
dosetank is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:33 AM   #8
rednecksatyr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

I rarely write a review. My age frequently limits my activities when I am with the lady of choice for that particular day. Any review I may post would then be relevant to others in my situation. The more energetic gents would not really benefit from my post. But I do like the ladies!!
rednecksatyr is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:41 PM   #9
burkalini
Valued Poster

Encounters: 76

I think the real issue is are we totally honest when we review. I have done alot of them and as they say (They is what they is). Its correct that providers get angry when your honest and the review is negative. It"s just their nature I guess. I do a review for the hobbyist and not the provider. Even when your totally honest about 90 percent of them are going to come out positive.
burkalini is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #10
DianaDeepthroats
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 31465
My ECCIE Reviews

I feel like if your expectations weren't met - you should write an honest review. Most ladies know when they're off their game & strangers meeting strangers, everything isn't for everyone. & typically, all we ladies see is the yes or no recommendation.. if there's a no in your box (PM the reviewer & ask what was wrong, maybe even try to fix it, that's just how I would handle it, though.)

I think, guys fear the back lash from a more honest & possibly negative reviews will lead to fabrications on sites like NBL & a few of the others. It's childish, but women think off of basic instinct. So, instead of waiting a couple days to cool off & ask the reviewer why it was a NO.. they may decide to post malicious lies to keep you from getting another date. & yes, it has happened. But, sometimes - guys lie in their review. I mean, it's a catch 22. Win some, lose some.

As the reviewer, my opinion is that, you should write for the hobbyists. Be honest. State Facts.

I love the idea, though, FL! Gives more insight to the male on who to choose.. at the same time it IS an ad for the lady being reviewed.. I wouldn't mind a bad review - it would allow me to fix things.. IF I COULD READ MY OWN REVIEWS.. while we're on the topic.
DianaDeepthroats is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #11
RALPHEY BOY
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

I used ASPD for 4 years before I even registered and another 2 years before I was a regular poster.
I think perhaps once or twice I got ripped off or had a terrible time all I could see was a yes or no recommend.

If you see 10 reviews of the same girl all good then more than likely she is good. if you see 5 good and 5 bad then move on to the next
RALPHEY BOY is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #12
burkalini
Valued Poster

Encounters: 76

Make the review HONEST and they will do what they are supposed to do. Give the hobbyist information to make their minds up. If the provider was lazy or upsold or had bad hygeine or was extremely late them put that in the review. If they made it hard to stand up after the session then put that in also. Most of the providers out there are really good. Don't let the bad ones get away with bad service
burkalini is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:59 PM   #13
Humpty Dumpty
BANNED

Location: HEB parking lot on east 41st in Austin taking a crap
Encounters: 3

This brings up a really good point. There are ladies that I might pass on, but I might have a change of heart depending on any number of factors.
Humpty Dumpty is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:50 PM   #14
thumpusa
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

It's all fiction right? How about Yes, No, YMMV? I've luckily only had a couple of dates where the chemistry wasn't right, so it was part me - part she.
thumpusa is offline   Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #15
Garland_Bone
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

I was actualy about to post a new thread on this very subject when I came across this thread.

The "reccomendation" slot seriously needs to be changed to a fill-in-the-blank type of response.

A simple yes or no just doesn't cover it.

There have been dates where I gave a "yes" but I probably wouldn't see that person again. Sometimes the date was, ...eh, not fantastic, but not so bad as to warrant a negative review. Sometimes there is the waldt factor. Sometimes the date is so incredibly antastic that a "yes" doesn't begin to convey what a great time you had.

I now have begun doing what was sugested above, that is, going back and editing the reccomendation slot after posting the review.

It would be simpler, though, and of more use to all concerned, if eccie left i blankfor us to fill in.
Garland_Bone is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women