Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70376
biomed160271
Yssup Rider59840
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35135
Mojojo33117

Old 10-15-2017, 06:40 AM   #1
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69
Default over population ?

When we started out, there weren't many of us. Du to better food, health conditions, and endless interest in sex, there are 6 to 7 billion of us. Every family that has 3 kids will keep boosting it up.

Nothing to stop us. We are the # 1 predator.

How many people can earth have before it becomes a miserable place ? 20 billion ? 50 billion ?
VitaMan is online now   Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:50 AM   #2
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

Well dont have kids so they dont starve.
Trey is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:07 AM   #3
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
When we started out, there weren't many of us. Du to better food, health conditions, and endless interest in sex, there are 6 to 7 billion of us. Every family that has 3 kids will keep boosting it up.

How many people can earth have before it becomes a miserable place ? 20 billion ? 50 billion ?
Great topic! I'am a member of a total world population control org.. We are at 7 billion right now and it is already a miserable place. I would like to give a number that should resonate; 500 million! That is the absolute most that the earth can sustain as we know life today. With just a little common sense using just some of the population control measures we could just about do away with famine, poverty, pollution, crime, and save our planet..
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:19 AM   #4
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Have you ever thought about reducing the population by one?
So are your preferences eugenics, genocide, uncontrolled disease, natural disasters, involuntary sterilization, or just let the normal course of events allow for the loss of life?

Here in the good old USofA we practice eugenics via eliminating the disease of pregnancy in certain areas that are populated with those of certain races and ethnic backgrounds.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:34 AM   #5
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:

Choose one, soylent green is people and in Logan's Run you die at 30 years old. Or some Planet of the Apes. On the Beach still has an effect on me. We need to start this in 2050.

DEAR_JOHN is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:01 AM   #6
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

But........this is a real problem !

When we get to 20 billion, who is going to be the one to tell others they can't have kids ?

We already have trouble with the insurance companies trying to reduce costs. Their method is to deny service to old people, the reasoning being they don't have long to live anyway.
VitaMan is online now   Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:51 AM   #7
ARCHmajor
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

Solution. Expand into interstellar space. By colonizing other planets and launching deep space colonies to travel to other star systems to allow the Terraforming of exoplanets, you reduce the burden of over population by a reasonable percentage coupled with green solutions to overconsumption of energy and food being implemented on earth. I can already hear the cynics about "what a waste of time and effort blah blah" but sitting around and being a slave to a failed economic system that only rewards the top percent of people and deliberately destroys the lower 85% of the world by creating such shortfalls in food and energy because of profit is clearly not the answer. Sorry but the way to control population and balance the earth in terms of resources is thru education and expansion beyond this planet. You cannot deliberately tell people to not have kids, reproduction is the fundamental right every human on this planet has. The problem is the richest people as well as the people that make policy look at these problems with a "me" point perspective instead of a "we" point perspective. War, disease, death, destruction, famine, starvation are not going anywhere as long as "me" is running the show. It takes smart solutions in terms of how to provide free energy to the masses that then allow them to be self sufficient and sustain a healthy lifestyle. I could write a dissertation on the subject but I'm sure the majority of intellectual people understand and would agree with this. The devil is in the details though.
ARCHmajor is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #8
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
Choose one, soylent green is people and in Logan's Run you die at 30 years old. Or some Planet of the Apes. On the Beach still has an effect on me. We need to start this in 2050.

Quote:
But........this is a real problem !

When we get to 20 billion, who is going to be the one to tell others they can't have kids ?

We already have trouble with the insurance companies trying to reduce costs. Their method is to deny service to old people, the reasoning being they don't have long to live anyway.

Classic end-of-the-world movies, indeed. "On the Beach," the flick but more so the novel, had a lasting effect on me, too.

Over-population is nothing one good plague won't take care of, or a Yellowstone super-volcano. I doubt our current technology will save us from an "Armageddon," "Deep Impact," "Meteor," or "Asteroid." I would be overjoyed if the USA had a space program with colonization plans, but since we're hitching rides with the Russians on rockets that still use depletable fuel and nobody seems to be doing any better on the "Star Trek" warp drive and transporter fronts, I'd say humanity is stuck on this galactic speck for the next few overcrowded generations.

A bad day between Trump and Kim Jong Ug may resolve the issue. (Jeez, I remember grade school disaster drills in California, students being told to hide under their desks for both an earthquake AND a nuclear bomb. Might as well have told us to practice kissing our asses goodbye in the latter case. At least our butts would have been easy to find for the brief moment they glowed in the dark.)

I think restricting population is going to become a must, but getting rid of more mature individuals is an idiotic solution to the problem. The old fogies will be the ones with the experience, knowledge, and patience to sustain and perhaps restore the world if things don't go completely blooey but bolt backward to barbarism.

My young relatives and acquaintances have no idea how to make or mend a garment; find food that doesn't come on/in cardboard, cellophane, or styrofoam, much less prepare it without a microwave; think hand tools mean keyboards; and believe they can "reason" out all arguments with polite debate.

They won't last a year following the apocalypse, but an old lady with a familiarity of history; one who has gotten her hands dirty with cooking, gardening, herb lore, animal raising, fishing, and even a wee bit of hunting; who can operate a loom and a peddle sewing machine; who knows leathercraft as well as how to turn a plowshare into a sword and reverse the process; who can weave a basket and a net; who knows how to start a fire without matches and obtain clean water that doesn't come from a spigot; who can make and notch a bow and arrow; who used to help her Irish grandaddy the stone mason build rock walls; who can wield a hammer and not just a pen; who understands that the psychology of human desperation makes good people do bad (and frequently stupid) things and that it's best to put faith and fate in your own hands, well, she might came in handy. (Past proficiency and present interests, along with expertise gained from my Renaissance reenactment proclivities, could prove valuable after all. ) Nope, I won't be a breeder, but I'll be able to teach a subsequent generation some survival skills.

Fancyinheels is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:38 AM   #9
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

You forget Dr. Strangelove?
Old 10-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #10
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
You forget Dr. Strangelove?
Genius satire, but too goofus for serious planet-splat consideration. I think this thread is in "Fail Safe" and "The Day After" or maybe "The Omega Man" or "The Road" mode.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:20 PM   #11
bigwill832
Premium Access

Encounters: 34

VitaMan is right: Who gets to tell who whether or not they can have more kids?

And as it stands, it's not the first world nations that are overpopulating. In fact, we have declining birthrates.
bigwill832 is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:57 PM   #12
Vaginaterian
BANNED

Encounters: 4

Too late. This gives you some insight into what’s already happened.

https://youtu.be/ZDceLiPLHWQ
Vaginaterian is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:07 PM   #13
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

What we need is more Darwin award winners.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:30 PM   #14
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
What we need is more Darwin award winners.

http://www.darwinawards.com/

And we need to ban those who have "won" and lived to collect their cave critter statues from adding to the gene pool. A treat and a scenic car ride to the vet, snip, snip!
Old 10-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #15
chicagoboy
Ribbed, For Her Pleasure

The girls were young - and total sluts - in Logan’s Run.
chicagoboy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women