Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70391
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452872
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47443
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37065
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35190
Mojojo33117

Old 01-04-2019, 02:19 PM   #1
oeb11
Valued Poster

Default New Dem Bill Aims to Eliminate Electoral College

New Dem Bill Aims to Eliminate Electoral College

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...mvZ?li=BBnbcA1
A bill to eliminate the Electoral College was introduced by a member of the Democratic Party on Thursday night.Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) put forward the proposal on the first night of the 116th Congress, as his party officially took control of the House.
The bill is likely to pass, as it would have to win support in two-thirds of both houses of Congress, before being ratified by 75 percent of the states.

The framers of the Constitution were landowners - and desired the vote restricted to landowners. Not the poor, women, or certainly slaves/minorities.
I strongly oppose the DPST efforts to open the vote to non-citizens.
Still- I think it is time we discarded the antiquated Electoral college. We have the technology to have a fair, transparent, accurate popular vote of the Citizens of the USA.

I agree with a Constitutional Amendment to repeal the Electoral College.

Open for Debate!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:36 PM   #2
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
New Dem Bill Aims to Eliminate Electoral College

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...mvZ?li=BBnbcA1
A bill to eliminate the Electoral College was introduced by a member of the Democratic Party on Thursday night.Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) put forward the proposal on the first night of the 116th Congress, as his party officially took control of the House.
The bill is likely to pass, as it would have to win support in two-thirds of both houses of Congress, before being ratified by 75 percent of the states.

The framers of the Constitution were landowners - and desired the vote restricted to landowners. Not the poor, women, or certainly slaves/minorities.
I strongly oppose the DPST efforts to open the vote to non-citizens.
Still- I think it is time we discarded the antiquated Electoral college. We have the technology to have a fair, transparent, accurate popular vote of the Citizens of the USA.

Open for Debate!
I disagree as it largely alienates smaller states overall. In the latest election you remove California and you have a true dead heat in popular vote.

Our country is what it is because of the framers vision in the respect of not allowing at the time VA, NY, MA and somewhat even PA at the time from becoming the dominant forces in the "republic"

Remember folks this is a Representative/Constitutional Republic we live if. The POTUS as well as the Senate allow for balanced state representation without a few large states controlling the mix.

The House, well that is what the framers considered the "peoples" or "rowdy" House to give them a piece of government.

As it stands the EC is in no jeopardy of going down.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:20 PM   #3
gnadfly
Account Disabled

It takes a constitutional amendment. Did he submit a bill for a Constitutional Amendment?

More Dems driving the country into the ditch. No news outlet called him on it.

Funny the bottom line of the article now says: "Neither bill is likely to pass, as they would have to win support in two-thirds of both houses of Congress, before being ratified by 75 percent of the states."
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:22 PM   #4
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:

Open for Debate!
As I said many times before if the Electoral College was repealed NYC, LA and CHI would run the country. A Republican President would never be elected. They'd "harvest" the hell of of it.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:32 PM   #5
oeb11
Valued Poster

Permit me to correct a typo:
The bill is UNlikely to pass, as it would have to win support in two-thirds of both houses of Congress, before being ratified by 75 percent of the states. I elected to ignore the bill also submitted prohibiting the POTUS from pardoning himself

True- at this time, some populations centers vote Dem. Some - such as
Texas - have been Rep for some time. Voting patterns may change over time
Regarding the inequalities for smaller States - that is the function and structure of the Senate. I do not regard it as a valid argument for preservation of the EC. The EC exists only for the election of the POTUS and Vice POTUS

As it stands- not likely to pass the House, Senate, and 75% of the states.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:14 PM   #6
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Regarding the inequalities for smaller States - that is the function and structure of the Senate. I do not regard it as a valid argument for preservation of the EC.
Wrong. That is precisely why the Electoral College was established: to avoid the "tyranny of the majority." Hopefully those lib-retards in the blue states of Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, etc., remember that the Founding Fathers established the Electoral College to preserve and protect their interests from being dominated by the likes of New York, etc.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:32 PM   #7
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

There is absolutely no reason the small states would go for it and give up all their power.

Same assholes want to eliminate the Senate.

Fuck them all!
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:50 PM   #8
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
There is absolutely no reason the small states would go for it and give up all their power.

Same assholes want to eliminate the Senate.

Fuck them all!
Although I pretty much agree with you, Rhode Island or Connecticut passed a law saying their EC votes would be given with the candidate who wins the NATIONAL majority of votes. I don't think it's been challenged in courts.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:03 PM   #9
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Although I pretty much agree with you, Rhode Island or Connecticut passed a law saying their EC votes would be given with the candidate who wins the NATIONAL majority of votes. I don't think it's been challenged in courts.
Connecticut. Vermont and New Hampshire, too. Those are some stupid-ass people. Many people there may live to regret that decision in 25 to 50 years.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:24 PM   #10
bb1961
Valued Poster

Just posturing by the left...just like impeachment.
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:48 AM   #11
LexusLover
Valued Poster

2020 ....

Border Insecurity
Impeachment
Revoke the tax breaks
Eliminate the electoral college
Keep the wars going
Destroy job growth

... thank you Nancy. Now "we" know why Trump endorsed you for speaker.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:52 AM   #12
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

From the various statements made by Democrat Representatives, it is obvious many do not have a clue how the government of the United States works.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:05 AM   #13
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
From the various statements made by Democrat Representatives, it is obvious many do not have a clue how the government of the United States works.
What about Trump Jackie? I think hes about to learn
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:48 AM   #14
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Wrong. That is precisely why the Electoral College was established: to avoid the "tyranny of the majority." Hopefully those lib-retards in the blue states of Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, etc., remember that the Founding Fathers established the Electoral College to preserve and protect their interests from being dominated by the likes of New York, etc.
You must be thrilled with this new diverse House. It is a much better representation of what America looks like today. I didn't realize you held such diverse views. I notice Trump has started campaigning for the Russian support already by declaring their invasion of Afghanistan was justified. Uhh….MAGA ???
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:00 AM   #15
Vincent Fusca
Account Disabled

In theory it sounds like a noble proposition, but in practice a possible avenue for Liberal corruption.
Vincent Fusca is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women