Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160512
Yssup Rider59911
gman4452921
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47518
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35336
Mojojo33117

Old 08-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #121
budman33
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
BM33,
This isn't about their legal representation or their position in the income food chain. It was purely about prison population.
And that you see no correlation between the two puts you in the dumbass population. Much Love Bud.. you idiot
budman33 is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #122
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
1. Seal our borders. Stem the wave of illegals coming into our country.
How are we going to "seal our borders"? Our border with Mexico is roughly 2000 miles long and our border with Canada is 5000 miles long. For reference, we have 100,000 troops that can't seal the border between Pakistan and Afghanistan and it's only 1500 miles long. Besides, what good is that going to do? Remember that half of all illegals are not Mexican, and half of all illegals are visa overstayers, not "border jumpers". Any attempts at sealing our borders will be a futile waste of money of massive proportions. Even if we did decide to take on such a futile and costly undertaking, who the hell is going to pay for it? Certainly not you and our good friend Wyldeman!

Quote:
2. Streamline the process for people to enter legally.
Not sure what you mean by this, but...ok?

Quote:
3. Eliminate the anchor baby rule.
"Anchor baby rule"? What are you talking about now? "Anchor Baby" is nothing more than a term made up by Fox pundits for something that doesn't actually exist. A baby born of illegal parents provides absolutely no immigration benefits to it's parents. The baby will have to be at least 21 years old, and have enough income to support the parents before he/she can petition the parents. One can immigrate legally a lot faster through employment, where the most severe backlog is currently at less than ten years. It may also suprise you to know that neither the Constitution or legal precident allow birthright to children born of parents here illegally. Ever actually read the 14th Amendment Bud? Goes something like this:
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and the States wherein they reside."
Care to take a guess as to what "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" means? I'll tell you what it doesn't mean...it doesn't mean you can just come here, have a baby, and that baby is automatically a citizen. The parents of said child are subject to the jurisdiction of their own country of origin until such time they become citizens and become subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. Take a read of some U.S. case law entitled Slaughter-House Cases, 83 U.S. 36 (1873). The Supreme Court made this determination:
"the phrase 'subject to its jurisdiction' was intended to exclude from its operation children of ministers, consuls, and citizens or subjects of foreign States born within the United States".
Again, I beg and plead for you folks to please pull the Fox News out of your ears! You wonder why anyone capable of forming a rational thought has a problem with Fox? Well here stands yet another perfect example. Now go and acually find me one of these mysterious and cunning "Anchor Babies" or never make mention of it again!

Quote:
4. Put in place a reasonable process to determine if someone is legally allowed to work here.
Agreed. There's no reason this day in age employers cannot be provided something as simple as a web site to determine someone's residency status. Again though I will warn you, these things cost money. Money you Republican types never seem to want to spend when it comes to solving real problems.

Quote:
5. Decide what to do with the 10-20 million illegals already here. Deporting them is not feasible but rewarding them is not the answer either. I’m not sure what the answer is but IMO if you are convicted of anything you are deported and never allowed to enter the US again.
I would argue that working for peanuts in a strawberry field and living in a one bedroom ghetto apartment with ten other people is not much of a reward for anyone, but you're entited to your opinion. Again, this is about solving OUR problems as a Nation, not theirs.

Quote:
6. Sue every sanctuary city in the country.
What the hell is a "sanctuary city"? Sounds suspiciously like more Fox News Pundit, Right Wing blog bullshit too me. You want to sue American cities already strapped for cash and laying people off and add more people to unemployment statistics...well alrighty then!

Quote:
7. Eliminate any public funds that go to illegals. No food stamps, welfare, instate tuition, medical care, ect. The only medical care should be life threatening emergencies.
Agreed. Medicare actually picks up the some of this burden currently, and the states bare the remaining brunt. Remember though, that most studies I have read clearly state illegals bring in more revenue than they use, so it's not like they're getting something for nothing.

You make a good case for *some* employers, but there are plenty out there who hire illegals knowingly. Again, I would argue that if as already discussed, we had some form of reliable verification, make the penalty for hiring them so severe that they wouldn't think twice about it. Consider it nothing more than employers helping their government and citizens solving a serious problem.
F-Sharp is offline   Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:42 PM   #123
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman33 View Post
And that you see no correlation between the two puts you in the dumbass population. Much Love Bud.. you idiot
Oh cut him just a little slack, he posted something from CBS! Before you know it he'll be reading Daily Beast, watching CNN, and figuring out what that little calc.exe application does. It wont take long from there before he starts actually multiplying and dividing numbers with a lot of zeros in them! It's all about baby steps, and I for one am proud of him. I my little Budman!

Old 08-05-2011, 07:34 AM   #124
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

Quote:
You're not even worth agruing with. Go back to blowing Sharp.

Sharp, make sure you give him a tip when he swallows.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #125
budman33
Valued Poster

well at least we agree on something. And once again when your debate fails you fall back on 3rd grade insults... but at least your consistent and i appreciate that.
budman33 is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #126
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
well at least we agree on something. And once again when your debate fails you fall back on 3rd grade insults... but at least your consistent and i appreciate that.
Saying he dished out a 3rd grade insult is a insult in itself. So pointing that out makes you better how??? The wise man chooses not to argue and the foolish man wants to keep yelping.....

I am sure that none of us knew what a blowjob or what swallowing meant in that context in the 3rd grade. So maybe a 7th or 8th grade insult...
WyldemanATX is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #127
DTorrchia
Valued Poster

"According to a 2009 report by the Pew Hispanic Center, in 2007 Latinos "accounted for 40% of all sentenced federal offenders-more than triple their share (13%) of the total U.S. adult population". This was an increase from 24% in 1991. 72% of the Latino offenders were not U.S. citizens."

Youth gangs

"The "National Youth Gang Survey Analysis" (2009) state that of gang members, 49% are Hispanic/Latino, 35% are African-American/black, 9% are white, and 7% are other race/ethnicity"

"The Center for Immigration Studies in a 2009 report argued that "New government data indicate that immigrants have high rates of criminality".

"The Travis County Jail does have a larger Hispanic population than the national average; 32.6% of the jail population is made up of this ethnic group".

What part of those statistics DON'T you understand F-Sharp. They commit crimes "triple their share" when compared to the overall Hispanic population in the U.S.
72% are ILLEGALS or "not U.S. citizens". So saying it's a "crime problem" NOT an immigration problem is just ludicrous. 46% of those locked up in the Federal System are there on drug related crimes. (Meaning offenses involving substantial amounts of drugs or drug and weapon offenses).
You constantly contradict yourself and the really sad part is you don't even realize it. On the one hand you say that we need to take away the "incentives" for them to come here, ie..jobs, healthcare etc. You don't even see the irony in your remark. You say they come here for the jobs yet the statistics show that a disproportionate number of them forgo working those available jobs and turn to good ol' fashioned crime instead. That's why people are angry.

You mentioned this country was founded on immigration. Yes it was, with one striking difference. With few exceptions, most ethnic groups that came to this country 100, 200 years ago assimilated themselves very quickly. They learned English, they became productive citizens, held jobs and raised their children as AMERICANS. They did not demand bi-lingual teachers in their schools. They didn't demand that they be able to dial "2" for German, "3" for Chinese and "4" for Polish. Nope, they learned the language. My mother is German and German was my first language. Yet when I came to Texas at age 14 not once did I expect someone in my middle school to speak to me in German. People made fun of my accent. Big deal. I lived with it. By the time I joined the army my accent was gone.
My SO is from another country. Immigrated here LEGALLY. Volunteers her time and expertise preparing income tax returns for low income families. Nothing riles her more than when Hispanics come into the tax center, where they are offered FREE tax preparation services and then DEMAND someone assist them that speaks Spanish. Go to any other country in the world and demand to be addressed in a language other than that country's native language and see how well that goes over.
I respect any person of ANY race that comes to this country LEGALLY, gets a job and becomes a productive citizen of our nation. I refuse to make excuses for one particular ethnic group that demands special consideration. That's a slap in the face to every other immigrant that's come here and done things the right way.

No nation can sustain itself over the long run if it doesn't control immigration. Simply letting millions of undocumented people stream across your border, year after year and handing out federal benefits to them is simply a disaster in the making.
DTorrchia is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #128
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

BM33, I'm glad you got the insult. I was afraid it would go over your head. As far as the debate goes you are trying to change the original premise from the prison population racial makeup to why they are there. That had nothing to do with what I was addressing with sharp. This is why these debates are silly.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #129
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Here Sharp,

Sanctuary city:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_city

You have no problem with the feds sueing the states that are trying to protect themselves from illegal aliens?

Anchor baby: IMO if an illegal gives birth here the child does not get US citizenship.

Seal our borders: Do you really think we are doing a good job of protecting our borders? We may not be able to eliminate all illegal entries but we can do a hell of a lot better job than we are currently doing.

Streamline the process of immigration: We need to make it easier and quicker for people who want to immigrate to this country legally. There is no reason it should take as long as it does. I've tried on several occassions to help someone go thru the process and it is a major pain in the ass.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #130
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTorrchia View Post
"According to a 2009 report by the Pew Hispanic Center, in 2007 Latinos "accounted for 40% of all sentenced federal offenders-more than triple their share (13%) of the total U.S. adult population". This was an increase from 24% in 1991. 72% of the Latino offenders were not U.S. citizens.".
Dude, you seriously need to slow down and try and absorb what you're reading before you respond. If you do that I wont have to mop the floor with your responses so much. As stated previously I really grow tired of explaining shit to people that are apparently incapable of even the slightest bit of critical thinking. That said.....

Do you know what a "federal offense" is? I'll tell you what it is not; "burglary of vehicle, burglary of habitation, burglary of business" or "property crimes" as you previously mentioned. Here's an explanation for what you stated above:
"Latinos made up only 13 percent of the United States adult population in 2007, but they accounted for one third of federal prison inmates that year, a result the study attributed to the sharp rise in illegal immigration and tougher enforcement of immigration laws."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/19/us/19immig.html

That's right Dude, the only thing you just proved was that our government is indeed cracking down on illegal immigration. Second most prevalant, Federal drug offenses, perfectly expected given the things one can be sentenced to Federal prison for.
"Nearly half of Latino offenders, or about 48 percent, were convicted of immigration crimes, while drug offenses were the second-most-prevalent charge, according to the report."
Quote:
Youth gangs

"The "National Youth Gang Survey Analysis" (2009) state that of gang members, 49% are Hispanic/Latino, 35% are African-American/black, 9% are white, and 7% are other race/ethnicity".
Not sure what your point is here. Anyone that grew up in a California hood is already aware of this and I can't stress enough that *hispanic* does not necessarily equal *illegal*. In fact, most of the kids in gangs I knew in L.A. were born and bred right there in California. I dare say it would be pretty far fetched to make all the effort to come here from Mexico or some other South American shithole in search of a job and a better life, and instead end up joining a gang. In fact, I seem to remember the hardcore gang members I knew in L.A. having some very derogatory terms for illegals. Believe me, they're no fonder of them than you are. So again I gotta ask, what the hell does this have to do with illegal immigration? You've made no correlation here whatsoever.

Quote:
"The Center for Immigration Studies in a 2009 report argued that "New government data indicate that immigrants have high rates of criminality".
Anyone familiar with the CIS knows they are an anti-immigration establishment supporting far right agendas. They can "argue" whatever they want, it doesn't make it true. Show me some statistics that challenge or dispute what I've already posted and we'll talk.

Quote:
"The Travis County Jail does have a larger Hispanic population than the national average; 32.6% of the jail population is made up of this ethnic group".
No it doesn't. Travis County is made up of 33.5% hispanics. It' jail population of hispanics at 32.6% represents almost to a tee the hispanic population of Travis County, just as it does with other ethnic groups. Even if it didn't, what the hell would that have to do with illegal immigration?

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/48/48453.html

Now I gotta ask, are you not starting to see at this point just how brainwashed the extreme right, anti-immigration crowd have made you? They've somehow managed to convince you and others that crime and illegal immigration somehow go hand in hand. It's simply ridiculous. You've apparently managed to confuse these two issues so much that you can't even tell them apart anymore! We could be having this very same discussion about blacks, asians or any other ethnic group in the United States and the results of that discussion would be EXACTLY the same.

Quote:
What part of those statistics DON'T you understand F-Sharp.
Well gee Dude, you tell me? Your so-called "statistics" just proved and help affirm everything I've already previously posted. As I told you above, try some critical thinking and try doing just a little research on whatever position it is you're trying to defend. As I kindly asked you after proving your ridiculous Social Security claims were completely incorrect, please stop wasting my time until you have your facts straight.

I think we're officially done with this whole immigration debate, but you folks carry on if you wish. I'm gonna work on something a little more current here in a bit...the debt ceiling deal.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:24 AM   #131
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog32 View Post
My insurance and everyone in my companies insurance has gone up considerably. No Question it is because of the ObamaCare...
You are correct. "No Question it is because of the ObamaCare.." is not a question. It is an incorrect statement with no basis in fact. Maybe if there a link that shows how something that has barely kicked can cause those rates to go up. Also, with record profits and near historical low tax rates, why weren't new jobs created?
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #132
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

I got an accomplishment for ya! He is the first President in History to lose our triple A credit rating! Way to go Obama! OneBigAssMistakeAmerica!

As for ObamaCare Munchie, some of that has been implemented already. For business to grow they need to know how to plan for the future many years in advanced. With this current administration there is too much uncertainty.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #133
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldeman30 View Post
I got an accomplishment for ya! He is the first President in History to lose our triple A credit rating! Way to go Obama! OneBigAssMistakeAmerica!
S&P was requesting 4 trillion in deficit reduction over the next ten years, Congress missed the mark by 2 trillion dollars. They knew this well in a dvance and all they needed to do was remove the Bush tax cuts to meet that mark, but they wouldn't budge. Best be pointing that finger at the Tea Party and people like Billy Saul and Budman who are always complaning about tax hikes. Just watch what happens next as interest rates and inflation begin to increase....and you thought a 4% hike in taxes was the end of the world. Anyone care to take a guess on how much the DOW is going to lose or how much unemployment is going to go up? That'll all be Obama's fault too right?

Do you think Congress would have would let the Bush tax cuts expire or come up with another 2 trillion more in cuts had McCain or anyone else been in office? Excuse me. I just threw up in my mouth a little a bit.

Granted, Obama is a big pussy and he should have without exception made certain those tax cuts expired last year, but that's not what you're attempting to criticize him for now is it? Pehaps you think Obama should have vetoed the debt ceiling bill until Congress met the $4 trillion mark? Had he done this we'd have defaulted on our debt obligations and those nimrods in Congress would still be debating.

So let's hear it Wyldeman. What exactly do you suppose he should have done differently in this situation to be in your good graces? What would you have done?
Old 08-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #134
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

Ah the blame game so sweet.....How about instead of increasing taxes you actually make some spending cuts.... It took congress, the senate, and the President to sign it! Lets blame the tea party since there is such a large amount of them in Congress! Huh I thought that the President was the leader, I guess the tea party has more power than him in your eyes.

The last thing you want to do in a recession and with unemployment as high as it is is raise taxes on anyone....The Bush tax cuts is not what caused this debacle. The collaboration and stupidity of both parties and a shitty President is to blame. In business the blame of failure rest on the shoulders of the one in charge! Oh ya we would not have defaulted on the debt and Obama should have taken the bull by the horns and came up with a solution of his own. Why did they even come down to the wire to begin with???? Maybe just maybe had Obama come out with a budget way back when he had control of the house and senate then it would not have been an issue....

My suggestion to have saved our ass would have been to cut Obama Care and that would have stopped the downgrade.
Just that one thing would have put us way under what we need to save and would have not put anymore undue stress on the American people.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #135
F-Sharp
Valued Poster

Quote:
Ah the blame game so sweet.....How about instead of increasing taxes you actually make some spending cuts.... It took congress, the senate, and the President to sign it! Lets blame the tea party since there is such a large amount of them in Congress! Huh I thought that the President was the leader, I guess the tea party has more power than him in your eyes.
Not just in my eyes, but in the eyes of anyone who understands how our government works and what role each branch has. Congress holds the purse strings and is solely responsible for writing legislation and appropriating funds. I don't really feel like giving you and entire course on U.S. Government right now, but you'd be well advised to gain a better understanding of who is responsible for what in our government. In particular, what role or lack thereof the President actually has.

Maybe this will help you get started on your journey of enlightenment...

http://harkin.senate.gov/press/column.cfm?i=237366

Quote:
The last thing you want to do in a recession and with unemployment as high as it is is raise taxes on anyone....

You think so huh? It worked in every instance in recent history including Carter and Clinton who both came in out under the darkness of recession and created 10.3 million and 22.7 million jobs respectively. Given our 50 year history of tax cuts ending in recession 100% of the time, I would argue that it's the FIRST thing we want to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobs_cr...idential_terms

Quote:
The Bush tax cuts is not what caused this debacle.

Those tax cuts have added $4 trillion to our National debt in the last ten years. Half of all public debt held by 2019 will be due to Bush Tax cuts and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. These facts are indisputable. If you don't think they are the primary reason for this "debacle", then you better check the batteries in whatever calculator you're using, or perhaps it's your head that needs checking.

Quote:
Oh ya we would not have defaulted on the debt and Obama should have taken the bull by the horns and came up with a solution of his own. Why did they even come down to the wire to begin with????

"A solution of his own"? The only solution in this case is to increase revenue. A solution he's proposed many times that Congress has denied. Again, please read the link above and do some research on how Congress writes a budget and how the budget appropriations process works.

Quote:
Why did they even come down to the wire to begin with????
That's a very good question Wyldeman. Here, let me Google that for you...

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Why+has+congress+refused+to +raise+the+debt+ceiling%3F

Or you can read this piece from one of my favorite economists:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/16/op...16krugman.html

Quote:
Maybe just maybe had Obama come out with a budget way back when he had control of the house and senate then it would not have been an issue....
Not sure what you mean here. The President can only propose budgets (see "enlightenment" above) and here's his 2011 Budget proposal...with pictures and everything!

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...us/budget.html

Quote:
My suggestion to have saved our ass would have been to cut Obama Care and that would have stopped the downgrade. Just that one thing would have put us way under what we need to save and would have not put anymore undue stress on the American people.
Wow. You really don't know what the hell you're talking about do you? Go back to my previous posts where I asked you just how much we've spent on Obama's Healthcare legislation. While you're at it, go back once again and read the CBO estimates on how much the healthcare plan will reduce our deficit over the next decade. Once you are capable of answering those two questions, I want you to first beat yourself over the head with a fifth-grade math book. Once you're good and bloodied, I then want you to take one of those giant, smelly black Sharpies and write, "I will learn how to add and subtract" 1000 times on your living room wall.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women