Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70398
biomed160407
Yssup Rider59880
gman4452899
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47482
pyramider46370
bambino40298
CryptKicker37072
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35252
Mojojo33117

Old 02-26-2024, 02:53 AM   #16
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNinja69 View Post
The Constitution does not afford rights it is intended to be a tool used uphold and protect them. We do not have any inherent right to abortion and you are correct if it is against the law then it becomes a government issue. I really have no issue with a state that wishes to outlaw the practice we have the ability to travel for medical procedures. Then again some states have attempted to criminalize that concept as well as deny Plan B availability which is an overreach for sure.
Not everyone can afford to travel for the procedure, not everyone can afford to be away from their job or their family for the time it takes to travel and get the procedure. Many state laws were written simply to make it as hard to get the procedure as possible.

It wouldn’t surprise me to hear that some jurisdictions have started to lock up women to keep them from getting an abortion. It’s a slippery slope.

https://alabamareflector.com/2023/09...ing-to-report/
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 06:03 AM   #17
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I consider myself to be oln the conservstive side of the center (whatever that actually is).

I have spent a good part of my adult life working in a medical setting, doing diagnostic imaging with isotopeesd. In that csreer path, I have been peripherally in contact with end of life decisions by patients and their family.

These are always difficult and frought with grief overlaying guilt, whatever the decision. At times, there is no "best" or even "good" decision . . . or indeed any ethically solid option.

I am a proponant of "the right to life" for the infant. Yet, if faced with trading a potential newborn for the life of my wife, I would probably choose the life of my wife.

I cannot support any legislation that does not allow for these difficult decisions between a patient, their family and their doctor. Yet, in my view, abortion canot become an immediate go-to solution for post-pregnancy contraception.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 06:40 AM   #18
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
Did you ever consider that the constitution doesn’t protect a woman’s bodily autonomy because it was written exclusively by men. I have a feeling that if women were involved in the process their rights would be better protected.

This is why the equal rights amendment needs to be passed.
Oh my God you are a real dumb shit.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 07:14 AM   #19
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
Class act bud.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 07:39 AM   #20
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Quote:
How many women took part in writing the constitution or the first 10 amendments?
1blackman1 is online now   Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 07:50 AM   #21
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
Did you ever consider that the constitution doesn’t protect a woman’s bodily autonomy because it was written exclusively by men. I have a feeling that if women were involved in the process their rights would be better protected.

This is why the equal rights amendment needs to be passed.
Quote:
This statement isn’t helpful. If you don’t like what I have to say you’ll have to explain why. I believe that passage of the ERA would go a long way toward clarifying a woman’s right to an abortion.
Old 02-26-2024, 08:08 AM   #22
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Quote:
Abortion doesn't end a pregnancy it kills the developing fetus or embryo and no one has a right to make that choice based on their feelings. Women who are healthy and their unborn child is healthy and developing normally when they choose abortion they are not only committing feticide but they are also committing a Satanic Act. Advocating Abortion is not a good human trait.
Someone went to Sunday School. The fact of pregnancy has been shoved to be an over-complicated issue for the GOP. They think all pregnancies are GREAT- even the unwanted ones, or the ones from rape or incest, or when it's ectopic, or still births, ...they are all good!

They decided to lump them all into one giant vaccuum and call it infanticide. Well, they missed the class on biology 101 where a clump of developing cells are called zygotes. THey cannot live without being inside the womb in humans, so they would love to control exactly that.

They have become THE womb police.

Can a woman put an IUD in to her womb?
Can a woman be forced to carry a non viable fetus?
Can a woman be made to carry a incestual fetus?
Can a developing fetus have more rights than the person it's inside?
If the fetus has superseding rights, when do those rights stop to be superseding, vs. individual rights? THe rights of those who are actually able to live outside of a womb, have less than those inside to conservatives.

Relative to Satanic acts; you know, not everyone believes in a book about Jesus, God and the devil. These are constructs of religion and last time I checked, the states and the constitution were based on a separation of church and state.

There are lots of religions that have no devils, nor hell, or the same belief system that a group of bible study nerds decided to thrust onto ALL americans, just because they believe it's the one religion to follow out of the 4200 different religions, church denomination, bodies, faith groups, tribes etc.

While you are busy legislating to women what they can and cannot do, imagine as men that women tell you, that you cannot hunt cause killing animals is against gods will, and that working on a Sunday is illegal to work on the sabbath, or saturday for jews, or if you have shitty parents, you cannot do anything but honor them, or if you swear, it's not a quarter in the swear jar, it's a thumb, or a digit to take the lords name in vain.

It's all a subset of the same ppl (evangelicals) who have been told to keep their religion out of politics, and out of courts that are mandating who decides on theological concerns. Leave those to the Sunday schools for the believers and those who don't share those same beliefs should not have to be held to your standards.

Are we to follow the Amish and not use electricity?
Are we to follow Jews who don't eat pork?
Are we to follow Hindu's who don't eat meat?

Youre religion doesn't have to be MY religion. It's why the constitution has directly stated it as such as the establishment clause or free excercise clause which states: the constitution favored a neutral position toward religion with no power to influence it's citizens toward or away from a religion.

The hypocrisy is just so fucking stupid-it's amazing.

I've pointed out that this is unconstitutional based on a religion, or satan or whatever bible verse you want to quote, since there is not the ability to show preference to ANY ONE religion. Forcing someone to make a baby against their will is literally stripping a woman or a couple from their individual rights of the pursuit of liberty and happiness; without a mandatory addition of financial or emotional burden of an unwanted child. Simple as that.
eyecu2 is online now   Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 08:24 AM   #23
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post
I cannot support any legislation that does not allow for these difficult decisions between a patient, their family and their doctor. Yet, in my view, abortion canot become an immediate go-to solution for post-pregnancy contraception.
I agree with you on this point. But I find the idea that large numbers of women use abortion as a primary means of contraception is not logical. If i’ve misunderstood your point my apologies. I believe that women who get abortions more than likely used contraception but it failed. Women might make a contraceptive mistake once but if the result is an unplanned pregnancy or an abortion I doubt that they make the same mistake twice.

Taken from a pro-choice white paper. https://prochoice.org/wp-content/upl..._abortions.pdf

“MYTH: Women are using abortion as a method of birth control.

In fact, half of all women getting abortions report that contraception was used during the month they became pregnant. Some of these couples had used the method improperly; some had forgotten or neglected to use it on the particular occasion they conceived; and some had used a contraceptive that failed. No contraceptive method prevents pregnancy 100% of the time.

If abortion were used as a primary method of birth control, a typical woman would have at least two or three pregnancies per year -- 30 or more during her lifetime.

In fact, most women who have abortions have had no previous abortions (52%) or only one previous abortion (26%). Considering that most women are fertile for over 30 years, and that birth control is not perfect, the likelihood of having one or two unintended pregnancies is very high.”

What it comes down to in my opinion is this. This is a highly personal decision that only the prospective mother should make. It should only be a decision made available before viability or after that if the life of the mother is determined to be at risk.

If the government feels that they need to cut down on the number of abortions the solution is not to criminalize it but to make reproductive healthcare highly affordable and available.
Old 02-26-2024, 08:25 AM   #24
eyecu2
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post
I consider myself to be oln the conservstive side of the center (whatever that actually is).

These are always difficult and frought with grief overlaying guilt, whatever the decision. At times, there is no "best" or even "good" decision . . . or indeed any ethically solid option.

I am a proponant of "the right to life" for the infant. Yet, if faced with trading a potential newborn for the life of my wife, I would probably choose the life of my wife.

What is and should be a family decision, should be between medical professionals and the woman who is pregnant. What makes you think that this is the immediate solution to post pregnancy contraception? There are more pregnancies stopped today with oral medication vs. a mechanical procedure, and while I don't agree with willy nilly ideas of a post conception contraception, the fact of the matter is that not everyone has access to a plan B, or Mifepriston and Misoprostol. Due to location, knowledge, or access to medical professionals to discuss them. So if the decision to end a pregnancy for any woman who decides that they are not wanting it, I don't see how this is a political decision or that it should ever have been one.

There are NOT likely very many couples who would chance losing a spouse, vs. losing a baby. Maybe like 1%, but the fact that they would have to choose is absolutely stunning. If there was a rule that you have to wait 3 days or 7 days unless it was an emergency could be a reasonable wait period just like on firearms, due to not wanting an overly emotional driven decision being made. But I'm 99% certain that any woman who has had one, didn't do so without a LOT of emotions, and those who don't are sociopaths, who likely would have been an even shittier parent anyway. Point is, ...why make it political when it's a medical decision. Those who are religious will have to ask for forgiveness from their higher power. Not some huckster politician who is making policies to create a moral standard, that they themselves NEVER seem to follow.

Case in point, What if some elected religious zeolot decided that organ transplants were next on the evangelical list? Heart or lungs, or corneas, or livers etc, are now illegal!!!?? And lets not get started on IVF route. Those same Zygotes have zero chance of living if not implanted, and most don't take during implantation. AND, lets see if a women harvested 50 eggs, and only had 1 child, does that mean she is liable for "murder" for the other 49 if they don't reach maturity or birth? These are absolutley horrible decisions being made in this country.

BTW- I'm not advocating for a pro-abortion stance- it's pro choice. It's a woman's body and her choice to do with it as she wants. It's her eggs, her womb, her responsiblity, and her choice.
Old 02-26-2024, 08:52 AM   #25
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
How many women took part in writing the constitution or the first 10 amendments?
None, but that is irrelevant.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 08:55 AM   #26
DNinja69
BANNED

Encounters: 43

I definitely agree that the abortion debate is about choice and whether government should deny which I do not believe or more set guidelines as there will always be those who do not approve.

There are many things to which we have no actual 'right' but we do have rights that prevent some choices from being taken without due process.
All these states trying to hard outlaw abortion are going to find that fight it not worth it in the end. Rape and other circumstances factor in to whether a woman wants to carry her child to term. Life happens sometimes
DNinja69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 08:57 AM   #27
eyecu2
Premium Access

Quote:
None, but that is irrelevant
hahahah. Not relevant???

But they are the ONLY ones being affected by the these decisions!!?

That's F'n Rich. How would you like for an all woman group write a law that affects only men? Without any say so in the matter!! Say for example, you cannot masterbate- and the penalty is incarceration- plus anyone can tell on you if you do it, and that if you go across a state line and do it, it's a felony, and the tattle-tale would be paid to do so??!!

You don't think they should have a say in their own rights, such as what can and can't happen to their bodies?
Old 02-26-2024, 09:13 AM   #28
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

If Abortion was a religious matter, I’m sure that all of the pro death crowd would be thinking of the Blood, Sweat and Tears lyric,

“My troubles they are many, they are as deep as a well, But why I swear there ain’t no Heaven, I pray there ain’t no Hell”.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 09:36 AM   #29
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

What I don't get is the Republicans saying they know when life begins. And because they know, they must
enforce it on others......who don't share their beliefs. Why must they do that ? Why can't others be left to their beliefs ?

For the issue of the Constitution not stating there is a right to an abortion, that sounds like a distraction. If every right had to be listed in the Constitution, it would stretch to the moon.
VitaMan is online now   Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 10:11 AM   #30
eyecu2
Premium Access

explicit rights- such as the right to lie is protected speech, but the right to make your own decisions with your body is not. You can be a vile hate spewing son of a bitch, and you're getting a free pass with the GOP. God forbid you get cancer and want to die with dignity on your own terms; They will lock you jail or in a hospital and kill you in court before you can take a handful of pills.

#noneofyourbusiness, #stayinyourlane, #mybodymychoices

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women