Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70376
biomed160259
Yssup Rider59832
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47417
pyramider46370
bambino40272
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35127
Mojojo33117

Old 05-25-2017, 10:38 AM   #1
tonyvicksa
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10
Default If you can't afford healthcare you sure as hell can't afford health insurance

People are obsessed about the cost of health insurance. It is a mathematical FACT that MOST people in this country will pay more in health insurance premiums from birth until age 65 than they would have paid in healthcare.

What people fail to grasp is we have a cost of healthcare issue NOT a cost of health insurance issue.
tonyvicksa is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:57 AM   #2
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 118

I agree with this. When some greedy fuck pharma owner can raise the price of a pill from $100 to $5,000 it's no wonder premiums are what they are. However, insurance companies share some of the blame. Too bad there isn't a rebate program for people who've paid tons of money in premiums over the years and have never used it.
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:07 AM   #3
tonyvicksa
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Just look at the Epipen price hikes. The CEO's parents are a Senator and President of National Association of State Boards of Education. They managed to get subsidies to schools that stocked the Epipen. Then come the price hikes on the backs of the tax payer.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mylan...-bresch-2016-9
tonyvicksa is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:23 AM   #4
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolongus View Post
Too bad there isn't a rebate program for people who've paid tons of money in premiums over the years and have never used it.
True dat, Pro. I'm mid-60's and I've been admitted to the ER once my entire life (turned out I was trying to pass a stone...let me add, that little dude can put you on your knees). As far as other stuff: I've had one surgery my entire life (repaired a torn meniscus).

(As was the case with other Boomers, I'm sure) my own health insurance premiums in my 20's right on into my early-mid 50's were minor...barely noticeable in fact. That said, the past few years it's reached levels of absurdity.

I can't imagine what that dollar amount might look like today had I simply "banked the ca$h" instead of carrying "health insurance" (ie: premiums paid in from age 20 until, let's say, 55). Add Life Insurance premiums and that total prolly looks pretty staggering today.
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:33 AM   #5
Luke_Wyatt
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5

I agree with the OP, but what's the solution because the cost of the same medicines in the U.S are far cheaper than in other nations.
Luke_Wyatt is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:39 PM   #6
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_Wyatt View Post
I agree with the OP, but what's the solution because the cost of the same medicines in the U.S are far cheaper than in other nations.
Not true with the Epipen:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blo...icing-itnvgvam

I remember in late 80's paying around $100 a month for our family of five. Just dumped a $1,500 a month health ins. payment last year, thanks to Medicare. This shit is ridiculous.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:44 PM   #7
Luke_Wyatt
Account Disabled

Quote:
I never said it applied to every drug in the world, but for the vast majority drugs are more expensive in the states by far:
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-drug-prices/
https://mic.com/articles/125688/here...rts#.bmFSgV6T4

According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, people in the U.S. spend more per capita on medicine than any other surveyed OECD country by large margins, at around $1,000 a year per person. The next closest country is Canada at roughly $771 per year, and many other wealthy countries spend less than half of what the U.S. does on a per capita basis.

Part of the reason U.S. consumers pay so much for their drugs is a lack of bargaining power. Other countries with universal health care systems negotiate the price of prescription medication with pharmaceutical companies. But in the U.S., only Medicaid and the Department of Veterans Affairs can do so, leaving Medicare out. Instead, Medicare drug prices are negotiated by insurance companies, which have much less leverage to bring down the price of drugs.

The situation is further complicated by a lack of competition in certain drug markets. Twenty-year patent rights for most newly developed drugs ensure many newer treatments remain expensive and unavailable in generic forms.

These factors, along with several others, combine to lead to Americans paying, on average, much more for the same prescription drugs than any other comparable country.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:49 PM   #8
R.M.
Not A Stepford Wife

User ID: 14483
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Times like these are when you have to be healthy and take care of yourself. It does make common sense to do so.
R.M. is offline   Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:57 PM   #9
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

I remember the local newspaper doing a survey of medical procedure costs in different areas/hospitals a few years ago. The difference in a hip replacement varied by 30K - 40K. WTF!!!! Heart surgery (triple bypass) varied at 80K.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:58 PM   #10
Luke_Wyatt
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.M. View Post
Times like these are when you have to be healthy and take care of yourself. It does make common sense to do so.
I totally agree with your statement- every individual health, but R.M there are things that happen to people that are out of their control- healthy men and women get diagnosed with cancer, people are born with diseases to no fault of their own and many can't afford treatments.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:00 PM   #11
Luke_Wyatt
Account Disabled

Quote:
I remember the local newspaper doing a survey of medical procedure costs in different areas/hospitals a few years ago. The difference in a hip replacement varied by 30K - 40K. WTF!!!! Heart surgery (triple bypass) varied at 80K.
I bet the rates in other countries are 1/4th those amounts albeit you have to be on a long waiting list for certain procedures, but at least you don't have to spend your life savings.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women