Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35179
Mojojo33117

Old 05-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
Spacemtn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8
Default Iron Man II

Has anyone seen it, yet?

What did you think?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Spacemtn is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
gman44

Encounters: 203

I definitely want to see it. The trailer looks awesome
gman44 is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
atxmike23
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

Saw it at midnight and loved it. I love that the movie stands on it's own while also paving the way for the Avengers movie that will come in a few years.
atxmike23 is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Scarlett Johansson's fight scenes were glorious.
78704 is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:01 AM   #5
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

It was awesome!

Just a good as the first one.

And remember...

You really should stick around after the ending credits.

Quote:
78704 wrote:
Scarlett Johansson's fight scenes were glorious.
Now that has got to be the understatement of the year!

Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #6
guest031812
Account Disabled

User ID: 3407

I watched a so so quality copy online and it was deff a good movie!! Cant wait to see it in theaters & UGH shes so HOT
guest031812 is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #7
Spacemtn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8
Default Update

I saw it this weekend and it was pretty good. Like most of today's highly technical movies with lot's of special effects, it got kind of wordy in places, but all in all if was pretty rockin! I agree that Scarletts scenes were totally hot! I would give it a solid B+ and it can be seen without seeing Iron Man.

If you go, you have to stay until the credits are completely over or you will miss something!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!
Spacemtn is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #8
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

I liked it. Scarlett Johannsen was kicked ass! That said, I went the next day and saw Kick Ass, and the little girl in that flick would have kicked Scarlett's ass!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #9
PeAcH
Professional Fluffer

User ID: 4548
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I hope you all stayed after the credits!
PeAcH is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #10
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Two Fancy thumbs up! I was dorky and wore my red Iron Man t-shirt and gold boots.

Robert Downey has that playboy mentality of Tony Stark down pat. However, I wasn't all that impressed with Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury. Scarlett Johansson reminded me of Diana Rigg's bad-guy-butt-kicking Mrs. Peel in the 60's English spy series, "The Avengers." (No relation to the comic book at all.) Boy, I'm showing my TV age here, aren't I?
Fancyinheels is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #11
PeAcH
Professional Fluffer

User ID: 4548
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels View Post
Two Fancy thumbs up! I was dorky and wore my red Iron Man t-shirt and gold boots.

Robert Downey has that playboy mentality of Tony Stark down pat. However, I wasn't all that impressed with Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury. Scarlett Johansson reminded me of Diana Rigg's bad-guy-butt-kicking Mrs. Peel in the 60's English spy series, "The Avengers." (No relation to the comic book at all.) Boy, I'm showing my TV age here, aren't I?
Do you remember way back when, they mentioned in a comic book that if anyone was to play Nick Fury in a movie they wanted Samuel Jackson to play his role? I don't think it was a serious attempt by Samuel on the role, but more of a haw-haw attempt. Plus, remember, Nick Fury was white in the comics.. hehe.

but I did enjoy the movie! I think the ending was a little rushed, though. I can't wait for the sequel!
PeAcH is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #12
ztonk

Encounters: 21

Saw it this weekend for my bday. Fun movie!

A lady sitting near us at the drafthouse said she'd watch Robert Downey Jr. reading a phone book. Me? Scarlett
ztonk is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:05 AM   #13
GRIN OF SIN
Valued Poster

Saw it. A good "fun" movie to watch with friends or family, but it had it's flaws. All-in-all, if you're a Marvel fan, you'll enjoy it and appreciate the shield and hammer cameos. If you're a hardcore critic and compare every movie you see to Oscar nominated movies... then you'll probably enjoy it less.

I realize that they're trying to wrap everything up as fast as they can for the "Avengers" movie... which will probably be out in 2020 at this rate, but I have to agree with PeAcH: allot of parts felt rushed to me.

The final battle with Rourke, seemed a bit anticlimactic as they went right to less dramatic "well that just happened, on with life" scene. You didn't even have time to really check out the new armor lol.

Hell, I even feltl jipped on the amount of leather-clad Johansson we got to see.

I enjoyed Rourke's and Rockwell's performance as contrasting villains though. Rockwell always manages to find a way to dance in his roles somehow, but hey, if I could dance, maybe I would too.
GRIN OF SIN is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #14
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIN OF SIN View Post
Saw it. A good "fun" movie to watch with friends or family, but it had it's flaws. All-in-all, if you're a Marvel fan, you'll enjoy it and appreciate the shield and hammer cameos. If you're a hardcore critic and compare every movie you see to Oscar nominated movies... then you'll probably enjoy it less.

I realize that they're trying to wrap everything up as fast as they can for the "Avengers" movie... which will probably be out in 2020 at this rate, but I have to agree with PeAcH: allot of parts felt rushed to me.

Hell, I even feltl jipped on the amount of leather-clad Johansson we got to see.
Fuck the Avengers. I'm hoping the Black Widow movie is longer than the Lord of the Rings.
78704 is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #15
kuppler
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeAcH View Post
Do you remember way back when, they mentioned in a comic book that if anyone was to play Nick Fury in a movie they wanted Samuel Jackson to play his role? I don't think it was a serious attempt by Samuel on the role, but more of a haw-haw attempt. Plus, remember, Nick Fury was white in the comics.. hehe.

but I did enjoy the movie! I think the ending was a little rushed, though. I can't wait for the sequel!

Hi Peach,

When Marvel launched the Ultimate line of their comics (a reimagining of sorts) the Avengers were renamed the Ultimates and the Nick Fury of the Ultimate universe was drawn and modeled after Sam Jackson. A joke in an early issue of the Ultimates was that the group was asking each other who would play them in a movie and Fury responded that only Sam could play him.

I've now outed myself as a huge dork!
kuppler is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women