Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70382
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59846
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 04-21-2011, 10:48 PM   #31
AtypicalLonghorn
Account Frozen

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldeman30 View Post
With unemployment above 10% in many states, can YOU afford a trade-in?
Not true. It depends on who you are more than where you are.
AtypicalLonghorn is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:56 AM   #32
KosherCowboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

The unemployment numbers can be skewed by statisticians on both sides of the aisle to support the theory the economy has grown or slowed. For example, 'applications for jobs or unemployment are down' which may look great for a Democrats but what that statement may not reflect is the fact that millions are unemployed and so sick of month after month applying for jobs only to be told there are none so they have just stopped in frustration. In that regard, released unemployment numbers will be less than reality, which I think is the case.

Austin and TX is better off than the rest of the country. I drove down south all the way up to near Lakeline Mall yesterday and I must have passed dozens of commercial strip malls and I saw nothing but empty storefronts ( no ' now hiring signs') and signs everywhere by the owners ' for lease.' Obama, Pelosi and Reid will have some credibility in their explanation of the #'s when these storefronts are filled because the proof is in the pudding and these vacancies tell me Americans are not back to work. I'm sure if I made the same drive in Indianapolis, Cleveland, Fargo, Boise, Birmingham, Richmond, Portland, Milwaukee, and so on I'd see the same thing, in fact, worse.

Drive off the Vegas strip and see the number of foreclosures in the real parts of Vegas. The economy growing? Hardly. Have a 700+ credit score, no debt, and try to get a loan and see how hard it is.

Obama and gang need to stop blaming Bush, actions not words is what this country needs. Real change, not talked about change that helped put him in office. Remember all those flags, music, bright smiles on the faces of the minorities and working class in Grant Park in Chicago that night he was elected, go look at them now. They ain't smiling anymore. The only change was the price of an Italian Beef ( and taxes) went up.
KosherCowboy is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #33
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosherCowboy View Post
The unemployment numbers can be skewed by statisticians on both sides of the aisle to support the theory the economy has grown or slowed. For example, 'applications for jobs or unemployment are down' which may look great for a Democrats but what that statement may not reflect is the fact that millions are unemployed and so sick of month after month applying for jobs only to be told there are none so they have just stopped in frustration. In that regard, released unemployment numbers will be less than reality, which I think is the case.

Austin and TX is better off than the rest of the country. I drove down south all the way up to near Lakeline Mall yesterday and I must have passed dozens of commercial strip malls and I saw nothing but empty storefronts ( no ' now hiring signs') and signs everywhere by the owners ' for lease.' Obama, Pelosi and Reid will have some credibility in their explanation of the #'s when these storefronts are filled because the proof is in the pudding and these vacancies tell me Americans are not back to work. I'm sure if I made the same drive in Indianapolis, Cleveland, Fargo, Boise, Birmingham, Richmond, Portland, Milwaukee, and so on I'd see the same thing, in fact, worse.

Drive off the Vegas strip and see the number of foreclosures in the real parts of Vegas. The economy growing? Hardly. Have a 700+ credit score, no debt, and try to get a loan and see how hard it is.

Obama and gang need to stop blaming Bush, actions not words is what this country needs. Real change, not talked about change that helped put him in office. Remember all those flags, music, bright smiles on the faces of the minorities and working class in Grant Park in Chicago that night he was elected, go look at them now. They ain't smiling anymore. The only change was the price of an Italian Beef ( and taxes) went up.

Very well said. I could not agree more.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:48 AM   #34
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

YOW! Seems like only yesterday the mantra was"stop blaming Bush for the chit that Clinton caused."
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:55 AM   #35
KosherCowboy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
YOW! Seems like only yesterday the mantra was"stop blaming Bush for the chit that Clinton caused."
."
That's just saying ' you all did it to us so it is now ok we can do it to you'

Economic times dictate no bickering, let's get those shopping malls full and the jobs back and the restaurant lines on a 30-45 minute wait again.

Regardless if Bush was a saint or a sinner, Obama gained office on the promise of change, working with the other party but in reality he did not, the American electorate spoke loud in clear in the mid terms.

but I still think you are right about a weak Republican field, but you are smart when it comes to politics, we haven't even started ' Iowa' yet, way to early to judge the field. And to Obama's credit, perhaps in his next two years the economy will improve and i firmly believe folks open their wallets and vote, if Obammy can get this economy rolling again than he fairly deserves a chance to go forward another four years.

and that's coming from a beef eating elephant !!
KosherCowboy is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #36
RALPHEY BOY
Valued Poster

real unemployment is 15%!! the govt stats only use those who are actively seeking a job..
RALPHEY BOY is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:25 AM   #37
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

I agree bickering isn't the right course. However, Speaker Boehner would vehemently disagree, as would the people who are clogging up the flow right now in the big outhouse on the Hill. Unfortunately our current POTUS isn't quite as skilled at getting the old boys into line the way Hillary's man was.

I agree. This isn't about Bush. He did his (a) job and it's up to the current Administration (that includes both houses of Congress) to move forward... along with all of us who live in our country today. As you'll recall, the American electorate spoke just as loudly and clearly in 1994. They turned us into a Newt!

If the economy continues growing, and people actually make sacrifices from top to bottom, the Tea Party will go away ... just like the States Rights folks did. When you figure out "the trick," then one-trick ponies generally gallop off into the sunset.

If that happens in the next year or so, then the GOP will have a shot at dethroning Obammajamma. But if not, then I seriously doubt the GOP will be able to adopt a platform that doesn't ensure re-election. Hell, they may not even be able to adopt a platform period. Either way, GOP will be irrelevant on large scale until they figure out how to deal with the Teabaggers.

BTW -- have you been to Franklin's BBQ? The wait was longer than 45 minutes!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #38
Booth
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj1000 View Post
Faggot thinking has ruined Western civilization. Why did they need to come out of the closet? We should have left them in, too late to beat them back in where they belong.

Points coming, I guess.....
Sounds like a hate crime waiting to happen. Be afraid, be very afraid...
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #39
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Yeah, Booth. I wonder what place that kind of talk has in a forum like this.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #40
Booth
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Yeah, Booth. I wonder what place that kind of talk has in a forum like this.
Hopefully the next time LE peruses this site they'll take note that this is potentially a very dangerous individual.
Booth is offline   Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #41
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

we can watch for him on "Worlds dumbest criminals". He'll be a hit I'm sure.
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:34 PM   #42
WyldemanATX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtypicalLonghorn View Post
Not true. It depends on who you are more than where you are.

That quote makes no sense without the rest of the statement Mr. Spin.....

Just because you have a college degree doesn't mean you are entitled to a JOB.

I know a lot of guys that have BA degrees without jobs right now.

Gas to jump to $5/gallon by Memorial Day. Obama said to get used to it and "trade your car in for an energy efficient car." With unemployment above 10% in many states, can YOU afford a trade-in? Repost if you want Obama to get used to being a one-term President!!!!
WyldemanATX is offline   Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #43
Booth
Valued Poster

Booth is offline   Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #44
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

I'm with you, Booth.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #45
AtypicalLonghorn
Account Frozen

Encounters: 18

Quote:
That quote makes no sense without the rest of the statement Mr. Spin.....
It's not spin. It's fact. Just like most people who work part-time do it because they want to and not because of economic reasons is fact.

Quote:
Just because you have a college degree doesn't mean you are entitled to a JOB.
That's true. A college degree entitles you to nothing. If someone majored in art history or sociology and expects a job with a bachelor's degree, they had a reality check.

Quote:
I know a lot of guys that have BA degrees without jobs right now.
I know no one with an AAS, BS, or MS that is unemployed. One guy with an AAS earns more than the rest of us. I know an MA who works as a cashier at O'Reilly auto parts. Nothing wrong with working at O'Reilly as a cashier, but it's not what he planned to do with a Master's degree. Too bad it was in English. Arts majors are doctorate or bust.

You don't need a bachelor's or master's degree to do better than those with one, but a high school degree without additional specialized knowledge or technical skills isn't much.

Quote:
Gas to jump to $5/gallon by Memorial Day. Obama said to get used to it and "trade your car in for an energy efficient car." With unemployment above 10% in many states, can YOU afford a trade-in? Repost if you want Obama to get used to being a one-term President!!!!
I'm fine with Obama being replaced with a Republican. I'm for repealing Obamacare, making Bush tax cuts permanent, and requiring a two-thirds majority to raise taxes in the future. On the other hand, I don't expect Obama's replacement to have a magical ability to create jobs.
AtypicalLonghorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women