Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160169
Yssup Rider59818
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47404
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 02-03-2017, 07:48 AM   #181
Milly23
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
How soon they forget...

"Here are a few surprising facts about how the Civil Rights Act of 1964 became law:
1. More Republicans voted in favor of the Civil Rights Act than Democrats"

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/10/politi...resting-facts/

I haven't seen the democrats this unhinged since the Republicans freed the slaves.

How soon you omit, that in 1964 the president was LBJ who as I said in a post above wanted to bring in the African American voters. So he pushed for things like the Civil Rights Act. That angered the Solid South. So they left the party, voted for Goldwater; more and more of them becoming Republicans. So as I said before, those Republicans mentioned aren't the Republicans of today. It's history man. No one is free of the issues of racism. It's bipartisan. But it's misleading to keep with the Democrats were for African Americans. We aren't dumb, if Republicans were that party that freed the slaves, passed the Civil Rights Act, etc; more African Americans would vote for Republicans. I mean unless you think we are dumb and just vote that way because we aren't smart enough to know what's best for us. It's because the Democratic Party today was the party of those who were pushing our rights and the Republican Party gave shelter to those who opposed it.
Milly23 is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:21 PM   #182
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

gfe(forbiddentopic) lives in the past. The ancient past.

Makes sense... he's from there.

LMAO!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 03:14 PM   #183
pussycat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly23 View Post
How soon you omit, that in 1964 the president was LBJ who as I said in a post above wanted to bring in the African American voters. So he pushed for things like the Civil Rights Act. That angered the Solid South. So they left the party, voted for Goldwater; more and more of them becoming Republicans. So as I said before, those Republicans mentioned aren't the Republicans of today. It's history man. No one is free of the issues of racism. It's bipartisan. But it's misleading to keep with the Democrats were for African Americans. We aren't dumb, if Republicans were that party that freed the slaves, passed the Civil Rights Act, etc; more African Americans would vote for Republicans. I mean unless you think we are dumb and just vote that way because we aren't smart enough to know what's best for us. It's because the Democratic Party today was the party of those who were pushing our rights and the Republican Party gave shelter to those who opposed it.
I think LBJ held back the Voting Rights Act and Civil Rights Act until after the election. I don't think Goldwater benefited. The candidate who did benefit was Nixon in '68, and every other Republican thereafter. Nixon's people referred to it as the "Southern strategy," and it's been working for them.

A few years earlier when Eisenhower was President LBJ led to effort to kill the Civil Rights Act, and then when he became President he supported it.
pussycat is offline   Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 03:28 PM   #184
pussycat
Valued Poster

Voting is a right but it requires some administrative procedures. You have to register, and you have to register only in the Precinct of your residence. That requires paperwork and documents. Adding one additional document to verify identity, and presumably citizenship, is not unreasonable.

If it is inhibiting, or intended to inhibit, some people from voting, that would involve the poor of all races. And there are legions of poor white people.

I agree with you that non-blacks of all ideological stripes often have false ideas of what most blacks are like, or live like. This is presumably because they don't know any blacks. Their views are based on "stereotypes" or folklore or whatever. But it is interesting that in the past the whites who had to most familiarity with blacks were the most prejudiced and those with the least were the least prejudiced. I'm referring to the 19th Century and the conflict over slavery and it's merits, or lack thereof. The people who lived among Africans every day, all day, all the time, were the slave owners. Abolishonists on the other hand usually had never even met or seen an African. When Frederick Douglass addressed his first audience of abolishonists in Boston he reports that none of them had ever seen anyone before who had been a slave.

So familiarity might sometimes "breed contempt" as the old saw says. I know when I was married my wife knew me less and less the more we lived together.

So there you have it.

It's hopeless with some people.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:22 PM   #185
Milly23
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
I think LBJ held back the Voting Rights Act and Civil Rights Act until after the election. I don't think Goldwater benefited. The candidate who did benefit was Nixon in '68, and every other Republican thereafter. Nixon's people referred to it as the "Southern strategy," and it's been working for them.

A few years earlier when Eisenhower was President LBJ led to effort to kill the Civil Rights Act, and then when he became President he supported it.

Umm the Civil Rights Act of 1964 wasn't held back until after the election. It was signed in July of the election year and Goldwater opposed it. And that's why he got the support of those South Democrats. Nixon was able to benefit, yes. But Goldwater did also. And it still doesn't change the point that Democrats who had a racist view left the party and started voting Republican. And so Republicans should stop skipping over that part when they say things.

And maybe LBJ didn't support it at the beginning, hell the guy used the n-word. I'm sure I stated that he wanted to get the African American vote. Nowhere did I say he was the defender of civil rights. But he took what JFK started and he finished it. And no matter why he did it, he did the right thing.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:35 PM   #186
Milly23
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
Voting is a right but it requires some administrative procedures. You have to register, and you have to register only in the Precinct of your residence. That requires paperwork and documents. Adding one additional document to verify identity, and presumably citizenship, is not unreasonable.

If it is inhibiting, or intended to inhibit, some people from voting, that would involve the poor of all races. And there are legions of poor white people.

I agree with you that non-blacks of all ideological stripes often have false ideas of what most blacks are like, or live like. This is presumably because they don't know any blacks. Their views are based on "stereotypes" or folklore or whatever. But it is interesting that in the past the whites who had to most familiarity with blacks were the most prejudiced and those with the least were the least prejudiced. I'm referring to the 19th Century and the conflict over slavery and it's merits, or lack thereof. The people who lived among Africans every day, all day, all the time, were the slave owners. Abolishonists on the other hand usually had never even met or seen an African. When Frederick Douglass addressed his first audience of abolishonists in Boston he reports that none of them had ever seen anyone before who had been a slave.

So familiarity might sometimes "breed contempt" as the old saw says. I know when I was married my wife knew me less and less the more we lived together.

So there you have it.

It's hopeless with some people.

Voting is a right. And sure you should have some administrative things like registering and that's about it. The additional documentation of an ID isn't necessary. Especially if you are restricting the kind of ID. Now if the standard was just a photo ID, then maybe I would say ok. But that's not what they are doing. Like I pointed out, saying that you can vote with a conceal-carry card and not a student ID seems imbalanced to me. When I was in school, we had a polling station on campus. That school has all my info, know that I'm citizen based off tuition costs. Yet I can't use the ID they've issued to vote.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:00 PM   #187
pussycat
Valued Poster

Quote:
Umm the Civil Rights Act of 1964 wasn't held back until after the election. It was signed in July of the election year and Goldwater opposed it. And that's why he got the support of those South Democrats. Nixon was able to benefit, yes. But Goldwater did also. And it still doesn't change the point that Democrats who had a racist view left the party and started voting Republican. And so Republicans should stop skipping over that part when they say things.

And maybe LBJ didn't support it at the beginning, hell the guy used the n-word. I'm sure I stated that he wanted to get the African American vote. Nowhere did I say he was the defender of civil rights. But he took what JFK started and he finished it. And no matter why he did it, he did the right thing.
I stand corrected.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:02 PM   #188
pussycat
Valued Poster

Quote:
Voting is a right. And sure you should have some administrative things like registering and that's about it. The additional documentation of an ID isn't necessary. Especially if you are restricting the kind of ID. Now if the standard was just a photo ID, then maybe I would say ok. But that's not what they are doing. Like I pointed out, saying that you can vote with a conceal-carry card and not a student ID seems imbalanced to me. When I was in school, we had a polling station on campus. That school has all my info, know that I'm citizen based off tuition costs. Yet I can't use the ID they've issued to vote.
I agree you have a point in that the choice of ID is unwise. However how does this effect one race more than others since the lack of these particular IDs effects poor people of all races? Didn't the poll tax effect poor whites as well?
Old 02-05-2017, 12:11 PM   #189
pussycat
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I don't remember that being a campaign promise but assuming it was, I really could not care less. Not a big deal at all. Anything else?

Two promises he made to us is that he would get us a sizeable tax reduction and set up term limits for congress. Looking forward to those 2.

"Change You Can Believe In" turned out to be no change at all.

Obama took huge donations from banks in 2008 and refused to take public funding because it would have restricted those donations.

Obama just wanted to be rich, make a lot of rich friends, and never have to spend another day in the ghettos or slums where he previously plied his trade as a phony "community organizer" or hero of the disenfranchised.

Yes the "audacity of hope" was really a limosine liberal who showed up in the slums of South Chicago for a couple of hours a day to play his game, and then went home to Hyde Park where he lived in a million dollar home gifted to him by a Lebanese criminal who Obama helped with political favors, a la Chicago style.

His promise to not allow lobbying by members of his Administration was not a "no big deal" promise. It was emblematic of his entire promise to clean up the corruption of Washington.

And of course he never kept any of those promises because he himself was just another Chicago politician steeped in corruption.

He merely brought that corruption to a new level, such as when he let the insurance companies write his "Affordable Care Act," and then sold it to the people as universal health care.

And furthermore his wife has a big ass and is heavier than he is. Nasty shit.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women