Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70443
biomed160786
Yssup Rider60137
gman4452955
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47648
pyramider46370
bambino40371
CryptKicker37100
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35504
Mojojo33117

Old 01-26-2021, 10:34 PM   #1
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41
Default Is The Grand Ole Party Dead

Has Trump killed the Grand Ole Party. All the old heads of the GOP are retiring and leaving it in the hands of Rubio, Cruz and Hawley. Cotten is almost like a bridge between the old and new but I suspect he will become more Cruz than Cornyn soon enough. With the fear of the power of Trump and the Trump base it looks like traditional republicans are gone never to return.

From my view, the party which I disagreed with but at least respected, appears to be replaced with a group of men (and women) that have been overtaken by sycophancy to Trump, belief in crazy conspiracies (Qanon) and willing to support any lies (mass voter fraud). The days of the traditional republican could be gone. I hope not, but I am not a member of the club so I suppose I should not care.

I do worry that without a viable second party, we could find our republic breaking in ways that we do not expect. Trump lost by 7 million votes this time and 3 million last time. With the election of Q supporters and with Republican Party managers swearing loyalty to Trump and subverting the Republican Party into the Trump or MAGA party, will the old GOP be supplanted and replaced or will it split, even unintentionally.

Originally, I was hoping for Trump to destroy the party. Well at least when I doubted his ability to truly tear the party apart. Initially I thought 4-6 years of damage and the "real republicans" would return to power, by now, maybe not. Personally, I do not believe Trump can win a national election any more, but he can create true havoc in Republican primaries by backing the worst of the worst. We dont need more Mo Brooks or Marjorie Greenes. We dont need Trump being the reason that the Rob Portman and Ben Sasses end up out of congress.

I may disagree with Rob and Ben but at least I think they are sane. I hope I am wrong but I think we are bot to see some bad days for the GOP ahead.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 10:44 PM   #2
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

People tend to jump off of a drowning ship simply for preservation of life. If they are are dumb enough to stay on that ship, let them drown and fuck those stupid asses with no common sense and let them drown.

Trump lost and it's over. It's hardly the end of the world though. Just do your best how you want it to be and not worry about how Trump's sorry ass will affect your life. That's on you people and not on politicians.
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 10:50 PM   #3
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

It's not dead yet...but it does smell funny
matchingmole is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:45 PM   #4
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

2022 will be an awakening!
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:02 AM   #5
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchingmole View Post
It's not dead yet...but it does smell funny
Check your feet, lol.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:22 AM   #6
Ripmany
BANNED

Encounters: 16

Need a better platform like quit stealing, quit letting ex-wife steal.
Ripmany is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 03:47 AM   #7
GastonGlock
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Death of the GOP? Nah. But Trump was definitely a shot across the bow of the establishment, and that's the backlash we're seeing now. For better or worse, Trump's admin legitimized the voice of both the anti-establishment right AND left.

Most, if not all of the older republican congressmen are establishment neocons. With them leaving, this opens the doors to the next generation of conservatives, just how the neocons started cropping up in the 60's and 70's, and then cemented in the 80's.

Essentially you now have younger folks who are more interested in Paleoconservatism, traditionalist conservatism, paleolibertarianism, and right-wing populism vying for control of the party.

I think that is largely thanks to the neocon proclivity towards globalism, which the dems also support. And you have a new generation of voters and congressmen who have either never lived in a US that wasn't in a war in the middle east, or is old enough to have fought in those wars in the middle east, and are now sending their sons to the same war.
GastonGlock is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 05:31 AM   #8
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Overall I like what you say Gaston, but too many labels being put on people. It is more of the divide culture that Democrats like to use. Divide people up into groups and make them beg for government help.

For many people Trump was overall right on the big policy issues, but the opposition never wanted to debate policy. Trump often times fought when he would have been better off trying to get policy debate on a few big issues and not get down into street fighting so quickly.

Biden's executive orders are probably 100% wrong, but I may have missed one or two that might actually be somewhat helpful.

The Democrats words are for unity, but their actions are scorched earth destroy those that disagree with you.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 06:11 AM   #9
GastonGlock
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

This new "call to unity" isn't a real "call to unity". It's like that old meme about "respect":

Typically when people want "unity", they want people to come together with minimal conflict. This "unity" is a threat that if you don't conform to the beliefs we prescribe to you, you are no longer American.
GastonGlock is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 06:39 AM   #10
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Its been in slow death for a long time now

did not want RR, got stuck with 2x
worked hard to KILL the Tea Party within
Did not want Trump yet GOP voters in primary put in 2X
GOP voters keep asking for..., GOP sits licking its own balls all is ok
offshoredrilling is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:15 AM   #11
oeb11
Valued Poster

Fiden's 'unity' - means 'OBEY"!

- One may exult over the 'death of teh GOP" - and show the true nature of the DPST/ccp cabal -

AOC's =re-education camps, and omar /tlaib ovens for 'Enemies of teh State".

The official line of teh DPST/ccp party is to deny the Holocaust- - a tragedy that should never be repeated -a Tragedy imposed by Fascist minions just like the AntFa and OBLM terrorists of teh DPST/ccp party

It is revisionist history that is part of teh official Denial and delusions of the DPST/ccp ideology!

DPST/ccpers have been exulting over their 'victory' over hated Conservative/Republicans - who stand for teh Constitution and Equality for all under the Rule of law - hated concepts to the marxist DPST/ccpers
Yet most of us would die - as many of the Greatest Generation did in WW2 ( was that taught in school? - that war was 1941-1945 for America's involvement) ) to Protect those Rights of Freedom for all - for You DPST/ccpers, and the all members of the marxist DPST/ccp party which would destroy utterly teh GOP/Conservatism, and all its' Peoples.

Many of teh Greatest Generation died to protect and preserve America under the rule of law and Constitution - Something you (DPST/ccpers) would never do for teh hated perceived 'enemy' of your DPST/ccp party - Conservatism/GOP. An 'enemy' set up by the LSM propaganda arm of the DPST/ccp party - a straw man enemy - and in reality - not an enemy at all - but a group of Human beings of a different -nonmarxist -ideals and philosophy on how to best Govern America That is - 'Govern and Serve the People" - abhorrent concepts to teh 'Ruling cabal who exist to dominate and control the people of America as nomenklatural"!

A concept for the DPST/ccpers - Conservatism is not Trump, Mitch McConnel, or Hannity - it is a philosophy and set of beliefs under the Constitution - and Concepts /ideas cannot be killed by you DPST/ccpers, your AOC camps, or any repression of teh fiden cabal.

The ideas of Conservatism are immortal, inextinguishable - and will exist until teh extinction of the human race - likely by a nuclear exchange created by the marxist idiots in charge. . if in doubt - look up Eric Swalwell - a chinese agent who loudly publicized his desire to 'nuke' middle America to ensure compliance with his DPST/ccp party Rule.

So - DPST/ccp party - enjoy the moment - enjoy the calls for 'Death of GOP and Conservatism' in the marxist idiocy that is teh fiden cabal. !

FS - "The Democrats words are for unity, but their actions are scorched earth destroy those that disagree with you."
And - "when they came for me- there was No One to speak for me!"
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:50 AM   #12
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Trump is a cancer on the Republican Party
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:07 AM   #13
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

But Republican Party members want to allow him to metastasize rather than excised. It’s the people’s fault. Part of the Faustian bargain that was made allowed him to co-opt the party now he’s made it about him rather than any Republican values or the party generally.

That’s why traditional Republicans are basically dead in the water.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:11 AM   #14
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Trump is a cancer on the Republican Party
The Cancer on Society is Government. Trump was the cure, he exposed the malignancy of politics. Now we have Biden who calls for unity and acts like he cares. Anyone who falls for Biden's disingenuous bullshit is an idiot.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:45 AM   #15
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

people come to washington claiming to want to make a difference and change washington

but they never do

but washington has now been changed for the first time in a long time

who did it? trump

the liars and scammers and their news media and corporate fellow travelers have been exposed

the American people will no longer listen to these fools and self servers

biden however has immediately reverted to type
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women