Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452828
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40261
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 01-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #961
Blackbuddy05
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Aside from Jacoby fucking up stuff, I think the biggest missed opportunity was the last play. The ball hit Walter in the back when he was in the end zone. That would have tied the game. When did he ever plan on looking back to see where the ball was?

We need better coaching
-Can we cut Kubiak. Maybe I just like Wade too much. I'd like to imagine he pulled out of the Tampa job because McNair had a little chat with him about Kubiak's contract being up this year. Or is it next year? Oh gawd let it be this year.

-Yates made mistakes. But I think some of the plays called were just wrong. I'm going to rest nearly half the reason we lost on Kubiak's shoulder. His time management has always been poor. What was up with letting the clock just tick away at the half when you are losing? He could have fit about 2 or 3 plays in. When I watch other teams, every second counts and to watch my chosen team waste time...

-I think most aspects I don't like about Schaub style can be hung around Kubiak's neck too. I liked TJ's athleticism at first but as the season went on, I started to see him as a Schaub with more anxious "rookie" mistakes. So I hope when Schaub comes back, he has a new coach to boot.

-Also what was with Jacoby fucking up all game. Then they put Manning in, who had a decent return only to stick Jacoby back in for the last play. Jacoby's best play was when he let the ball roll past him into the endzone for a touchback. If Manning worked, why go back to something that's not working all game? And who calls for a pass in the middle of the field with no time out and 45 sec?

Pay Foster
-And learn to use the 1-2 more so we don't break him. Ben Tate didn't get any touches today. To me that's insane. He could softened up Lewis and his crew a little. Man, I love his violent run style. Then when he just cracks whoever tries to tackle him.

Get another Receiver
-I'd hope for someone with faster than what we have. It would balance out the beast we have in Johnson. He has hands and can beat folks up before getting tackled but I think we need someone who can just beat.

Exercise the kinks we have on the secondary
-You guys keep saying cut Jacoby Jones and Kareem Jackson. Can we add Glover Quin to the list? We have to be able to do better than Quin and Jackson.

-I think the money Mario would want isn't worth it. He'd need to take a huge pay cut. I don't think he's worth franchising.

Regardless, I think we have a good shot next year. Way to go Texans. This whole season I've been able to say who my favorite team is without muttering.
Blackbuddy05 is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:59 AM   #962
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

You were pretty much on point with that. Why he kept putting Jones in to return the ball I just don't know, the man can't do anything with the ball. Who said he would make a good return man in the first place?
Trey is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:40 AM   #963
TheDon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbuddy05 View Post
Aside from Jacoby fucking up stuff, I think the biggest missed opportunity was the last play. The ball hit Walter in the back when he was in the end zone. That would have tied the game. When did he ever plan on looking back to see where the ball was?
I just looked back on the game film. Very surprised at what I saw...

First off, I love Walters and Owen Danials, Jocaboy Jones was also there, and there were 3 defenders plus Ed Reed, so it was four on three, but none of our three included ANDRE JOHNSON.

Dre was on single coverage on the other side, and would have had Ed Reed on him for safety help (Ed Reed was playing a zone, his job was just to go where the ball was, so he would have been on either side, regardless) So basically, it was typical double coverage. Andre is our biggest, most physical receiver, and a Fucking legend. I think he earned the right to try to make the play on the last call. Even if it got picked by Reed again, I wouldn't have cared. He's Andre Johnson, he could have made the play. Remember the 4th and 10 play against the Redskins last year? And that second to last pick Yates threw to Reed, Johnson never even had a chance to locate the ball and go up for it because the ball was overthrown. So really, he never had a chance to make a play late, which really sucks. Andre Johnson can Fucking Rocket catch, we all know that.

So we threw two hail marry's in the game: One was not catch-able, the other one was NOT to Andre Johnson's area. FAIL! Did you guys see Hakeem Nicks today? He was able to do something and his balls don't even ooze half the amount of swag that Dre's do..

Anyway, this is what happened. Kevin Walters or Jacoby Jones was the target for TJ in the last play. Jones and Walter both located the ball when it was in the air, and Walters located it really early, he was at about the 10 yard line when he was eye-balling the football! So they are all going to the endzone, and Walters basically has a free release. Ed Reed was sprinting towards the ball and just leaped on to Jones which took him out of the equation. Now here is the crazy part. Ed Reed BARELY got a finger on that football, had he not tipped it, WALTERS WOULD HAVE CAUGHT IT. Pollard and the other two were just playing the ball and missed!!!. But that's because Ed Reed basically fucked up everyone's line of vision. When Ed went up for the ball, if Jacoby Jones had taken his legs out, or just bear-hugged him (which is illegal, but they never call that shit) Reed would not have gotten a finger on that ball, and it would have landed in Walters hands instead of deflecting off his shoulder. The ball took a really weird bounce, and that's why it looked like Walters never located the ball, when in fact he really did. Jones could have stopped Ed Reed's momentum, but didn't.

I'm not blaming Jones here though. It's easy for me to say this after watching a million replays from about 4 different angles. It just goes to show that this truly is a game of MotherFucking inches.
TheDon is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:53 AM   #964
Blackbuddy05
Valued Poster

I don't have tivo. Only thing I recall is Walter falling forward and a ball hitting his right shoulder.

Oh and let's not forget the kick. Would of made it one point game at one point. This motherfucker couldn't make 50yds with if I recall the wind at his back. ^_^

I swore he's made stuff like that before, but he's getting to be less of a sure thing to make. I'd make Rackers compete for his job next year.

But regardless, that was a punting situation! Put them back at the 10yd mark. Don't leave them in the middle of the field. -_-
Old 01-16-2012, 02:14 AM   #965
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

BB, Don,,, you guys are making me remember how I felt and what I did the last game @ BAL... Of course I got this one recorded too but haven't got the courage to roll tape yet... I imagine it was full of mistakes by the rook though and I hate to say that as he still gave us a chance... Ed Reed is a beast though and a tough one to account for.. His closing speed, leaping ability, timing, QB reads, and instinct are the best I've ever seen..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickEmDown View Post
I was wrong and as much as it PAINS me to say it...nice season Texans fans
and again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickEmDown View Post
Good season Texan fans
DED... Had a great time with you and Satin watching the Tide Roll over LSU the other night & we both got a feeling why you left in such a hurry

With that being said, I can't let this rare praise from a die-hard Steelers fan go unnoticed... So thanks!

...and the next Steelers vs Texans game should be fun indeed

Nice article...
These 2 put the CLASS in World Class Athletes

Satin & BL... I agree with letting Jacoby go, but Kareem? IDK. I won't vouch for him or anything, but unless there is better available, what do U think about moving him to back up safety behind Manning and Jason Allen to start @ cornerback?...
Between Reem and Jason Allen, I think Jason Allen is the better corner.. I can't explain why Wade gives Reem most of the reps... Maybe its the 1st round $.. Hopefully this issue will also be addressed during the off-season and not by adding another rook... I linked an article that I think U fellers might take a liking to...
BTW Satin,,, I feel for the poor stripper that took the grudge fuckin tonight... LOL

Here is an article bout Reem's poor play from back in Oct.

Quote:

We need better coaching
-Can we cut Kubiak. Maybe I just like Wade too much. I'd like to imagine he pulled out of the Tampa job because McNair had a little chat with him about Kubiak's contract being up this year. Or is it next year? Oh gawd let it be this year.
blackbuddy,,,4 Turnovers, 3 INT's, I saw it too, we STILL could have sent the game into overtime... I agree, Walter had a shot at this to tie it up @20.. damn..
BTW..This is the last year of Kubes contract agreement. However, I like having the 2-headed monster @ coaching too much for him to leave. Kubes is great for offense, Wade is great for Defense.. I vote keep them both.

FANS PACK RELIANT TO GIVE THE TEXANS A FAIR FAREWELL
One-Eyed Willy is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:36 AM   #966
Blackbuddy05
Valued Poster

We can have Kubiak be QB coach. I just feel he isn't cutting it as the head. Maybe he'll stick around and prove me wrong. <shrug>
Old 01-16-2012, 05:58 AM   #967
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
We can have Kubiak be QB coach. I just feel he isn't cutting it as the head.

"We can have Kubiak be QB coach. I just feel he isn't cutting it as the head."

Where do you guys come up with this crap? Kubiak will not be fired and/or demoted to Quarterback coach this off season. I will go out on a sturdy limb and say that Kubiak WILL be the Head Coach of the Houston Texans in 2012. I am so certain that I am willing to take it to the bank! I will offer a similar bet to the one that I offered to Dopey Dude Daddio that he conveniently cut and run from. I will bet $100 that the Houston Texans will not relieve Gary Kubiak from the Texans Head Coaching duties this offseason! Any takers? I suspect not!

Unlike Dopey Dude Daddio, I am willing to put my money where my mouth is!

I agree with the Commish about not letting Kareem go. It is easy to place blame but he has only been in the NFL for two years. Are you wanting to cut T.J. because he threw 3 picks and could have easily thrown 3 more, in the biggest game of the year? No, he is a rookie qb who was chosen in the 5th round of the NFL draft! Both Kareem and T.J. might be decent players one day. I firmly believe that we need to give them time to develop!

Repeat after me: It is not good team policy to give up on a 1st round draft choice after two seasons!

I do agree that we need another option at cornerback to be the starter opposite J. Joseph! But I am comfortable with Kareem coming in as a nickle back and hopefully improving his game over time to the point that he might someday be a legitimate starter! We do not need another Jason Babin. I'm sure you recall that Babin also came in as a 1st round draft choice and the Texans gave up on him. Babin did not develop until the Texans got rid of him! Now Babin is a dominant DE for the Eagles. If, after 4 or 5 years Kareem has not developed, make the move then.

You do not make that move now!

I am also going to disagree about Mario, as well! He is a very good, but not elite defensive end/linebacker. It is not good team policy to get rid of good football players who are still relatively young! I do not believe it will happen but even if Brooks Reed beats out Mario as the 2012 starter, who will be Reed's backup? I can guarantee you that the backup will not be as good as Mario Williams. There are a lot of NFL teams who would love to have Mario playing for them in 2012!

You can't have too many good football players!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #968
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Interesting that the Texans played two decent play-off games in their first season to make the playoffs, when it was not expected they would have the slightest chance due to injuries, .....

...... and already folks want to trade, fire, and/or otherwise run folks off that got them into the playoffs for the first time.

But for 2 plays: one dumb and the other made out of impatience from being behind due to the dumb play ....

.... the Texans could be looking forward to the New England meat grinder.

The first drive for a score, even 3 points, surprised a lot of folks, including the Ravens, not to mention some of the "nay-sayers" on this Board.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #969
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Interesting that the Texans played two decent play-off games in their first season to make the playoffs, when it was not expected they would have the slightest chance due to injuries, .....

...... and already folks want to trade, fire, and/or otherwise run folks off that got them into the playoffs for the first time.

But for 2 plays: one dumb and the other made out of impatience from being behind due to the dumb play ....

.... the Texans could be looking forward to the New England meat grinder.

The first drive for a score, even 3 points, surprised a lot of folks, including the Ravens, not to mention some of the "nay-sayers" on this Board.
+1 LL and I may not agree on politics but that was an excellent post!

Hmmmm, havn't I been saying this all along?

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...on-super-bowl/
Old 01-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #970
Satin
Valued Poster

First, BB you stole a lot of my thunder, and I agree with most of what you said , except get rid of Kubiak. I'm ok with him. A #1 priority should be to pay Foster, that HAS to happen.

I also respectfully disagree with you guys wanting to keep Jackson. I think you should all go back and watch all the games/plays in which his ass was turned around backwards with the opposing receiver catching a long pass or TD and maybe you will reconsider. Just because he's a first round pick doesn't make him a potential good player or right fit for our team.

Jacoby? I've kinda cooled off about him now because I know he was just trying to make a play. Think about this: If he would have picked that punt up and brought it to the house, we would be saying something different. However, I still want him gone because of the new contract he received and after 5 years, he is not improving. Another stat I hate: 2 playoff games and 0 catches. That's not gonna get it done. So with that, I say let him go....

Pay Mario $20-$22 million? You guys are insane. You are obviously not watching the play of Reed. Also, if we do that, it impedes our ability to get other players. They have salary cap decisions and payroll decisions to make (Foster). Giving him that money would cripple our ability to upgrade the team. Nuff said...

Another thing I hope everyone remembers is that we could not beat Baltimore with Dopey either. They have kicked our ass 5 times- and if I remember right - he threw a pick 6 for us to lose. So I understand the Rook did not have a good game, but Dopey couldn't beat them either.

I hope the QB situation is an open competition. Maybe bring in Case and let the best man win...whomever that may be.

So many things happened that could have won the game....bounces just didn't go our way. A field goal that missed by 1 inch.....dammit...!!!

Cat-Man, I just chilled bro...wanted to get out but didn't. I'll make up for it this week.
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #971
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin View Post

Another thing I hope everyone remembers is that we could not beat Baltimore with Dopey either. They have kicked our ass 5 times- and if I remember right - he threw a pick 6 for us to lose. So I understand the Rook did not have a good game, but Dopey couldn't beat them either.

I hope the QB situation is an open competition. Maybe bring in Case and let the best man win...whomever that may be.
Bro, you are not comparing apples to apples. Your comparison is more like 6 month old, stale peanuts to a Prime cut, bone in Angus rib eye! Do I have to remind you that Dre did not play in the game against Baltimore earlier this season? Also, Foster was not at full strength. He had been up and down with the Hammy, both before and after the Baltimore game.

Bottom line: The Texans did not have a full game this year when Andre, Schaub and Foster were at full strength. Yet, over a 10 game period, the Texans averaged 27+ points per game in the games that Schaub started. They were 7-3 in those games. TJ was in the 16-18 ppg range for 8 games that he played in! They were 4-4. The actual numbers don't lie! There is no comparison between the two at this point in their respective careers. Furthermore, there is no 2012 qb controversy, with or without Case. (And you know I love my Coogs!)

Barring an unforseen injury, Schaub will be our starting qb in 2012! Onward to the Super Bowl with Schaub at the helm.

Destination Nawlins!
Old 01-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #972
Rubchasertx
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

We gotta sign Foster and I think Dopey - as much as he frustrates me - is good enough to carry this team to NO next year. Having the rook back him up will be good experience. Hell, TJ has more playoff wins than any other QB from his rookie class after all. Something good to build on.

I think it is a foregone conclusion that the Texans can't afford Mario if they want to upgrade any other areas via free agency. I for one would like to see them free up $3M of cap space and cut Jacoby. What has he done for us really?

So all in all, it looks to me like they have 2 areas that would be nice to pursue through free agency / the draft. I would like to see a WR that can catch and a CB that can cover. How much better statistically would AJ be if he wasn't the only WR that opposing defenses have to watch out for. J.Joseph has been a great addition. Allen, Jackson, et al have there moments but seem to blow it when it counts. Having 2 solid corners would make this team a very strong contender for the SB in 2013.

Here are some free agents @ WR and CB for discussion:

Wide Receivers

Reggie Wayne (IND)
Wes Welker (NE)
Vincent Jackson (SD)
DeSean Jackson (PHI)
Marques Colston (NO)
Dwayne Bowe (KC)
Steve Johnson (BUF)
Brandon Lloyd (STL)
Robert Meachem (NO)
Mario Manningham (NYG)
Mike Wallace (PIT) - Restricted

Corner Backs

Brent Grimes (ATL)
Carlos Rogers (SF)
Cortland Finnegan (TEN)
Brandon Carr (KC)
Tracy Porter (NO)
Terrell Thomas (NYG)
Marcus Trufant (SEA)
Ronde Barber (TB)

Several on this list would rate high on the irony factor. Like signing Reggie Wayne and sticking it to the Smurfs? How about Cuntland Fagagin getting to practice with Dre week to week?

I know that going in to this season, we were close to $1M under the cap. Assuming that we either sign Mario to something mroe cap friendly than $14M/yr or let him go, we should have some $'s to spend this year.
Rubchasertx is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:17 AM   #973
Satin
Valued Poster

BT, man I already knew you would say that bro...lol. I get your point but just saying, Dopey hasnt beaten them either...pick 6 and all..lol

I'm also not disputing who should or shouldn't be QB next year...just making a general statement, that's all...I'll leave that to Kubiak...

Rub, I agree with you totally. I can see you "get it"....
Good post...
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #974
johnniewalkerblack
Valued Poster

Encounters: 80

While I feel sorry for the Texans, in the NFL, you gotta make plays if you're going to win. I'm not a Cowboys fan, but Jimmy Johnson was right. You need playmakers. They had opportunities to make plays and didn't. Yates was ok. You can't blame him for the last 2 interceptions because we needed a touchdown. The defense was great. Foster was great. To me, the receivers and coaching were the problem.

On the late pass to Andre, he's got to catch the ball or make sure the other team does not catch it. On the Hail Mary, the ball bounced off of Walter's arm. Sorry, he's got to catch that because he was in position. Of course, Jones fumble on the punt was inexcusable.

After the fumble, Jones should have been glued to the bench. I was mortified every time he went back for a punt return. In fact, this guy shouldn't even be on the team. He hasn't done anything. Kubiak will learn from this. He needs to make sure that he has solid players at all positions, including punt returner. A head case, like Jones, will burn you in a big game.

For the off season, Texans need to find a solid #2 wide receiver to take pressure off of Andre and move Walter to #3, where he should be. From Rubchasertx list, I like Colston and Manningham. I think the defense if fine, even with Kareem Jackson and no Mario. Bouldin made some great catches in that game, but Jackson made some plays, too.
johnniewalkerblack is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #975
Blackbuddy05
Valued Poster

Kubiak... has fans...

but but... the calls.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women