Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 08-28-2019, 04:12 PM   #16
sue_nami
Pleasure Activist

User ID: 148563
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

http://austin.culturemap.com/news/re...MBTYNJuCXPNrSY

this lists 6 local chicken sandwiches that are supposed to be better than either one of the fast food options we are discussing. I have not tried any of these local options. anyone tried these?

Fixe
This downtown Southern eatery’s chicken sandwich is all about the details. A benne seed roll lays the foundation for an intriguing mix of flavors from house sweet tea pickles, sunchokes, and mayo (made even more luscious with chicken fat). It's altogether a more genteel version of the dish, but diners won’t want to eat it with a knife and fork. Grab hold of it with both hands between taking sips of a Bourbon on the rocks.

Flyrite Chicken
Calling itself “feel good fast food,” this locally owned mini chain mixes conscious sourcing with all the convenience of the corporate giants. On-the-go guests can zoom through the drive-thru for the Club 512, a Bat City redux of the sandwich classic with pepper jack cheese and a creamy house avocado salsa. Those with a few more moments to spare will be happy to know it has a comfortable dining room where guests can relish every bite.

Las Abuelas
When chef Matthew Reinhart opened this Manchaca Road food truck in 2018, he decided to pay homage to his two grandmothers — one known for fried chicken and the other for South Texas cuisine. The result is a menu that feels 100 percent Austin. The sandwiches range from the sprightly Original with a slick of lime mayo to the weekends only El Martín with a fried egg and Mexican Coke glazed bacon, but the Espicy has pecked its way to the head of the flock with a peppery triple threat of árbol-garlic oil, chipotle mayo, and creamy jalapeño salsa.

Lebowski’s Grill
A bowling alley restaurant could easily plop down a frozen patty and keep its captive audience happy, but this diner carved into a corner of Westgate Lanes aims to roll a strike. The cutlets are marinated and hand-breaded, ensuring the sandwich is always moist. Some may argue adding ranch dressing and bacon is hardly innovative, but as The Dude says, “That’s just, like, your opinion, man.”

Tumble 22
It’s no surprise that Salty Sow chef Harold Marmulstein would be a whiz at fried chicken. The crisp thighs at that restaurant are among the the city’s best, but his fare at Tumble 22 feels like a revelation. There are two chicken sandwich choices, but the Southern version is the best. Both have snappy bread and butter pickles, Duke’s mayo, and an, ahem, tumble of kale slaw, but the dark meat version trumps the white meat every time.

Spicy Boys
While many Austin concepts seem to be in a race to bring the most farm to table, this tongue-in-cheek East Austin food truck proudly layers Swiss cheese product on all of its Hot Gai sandwiches. The gooey slices trigger latchkey kid nostalgia while drawing out the sweetness of massaman mayo and Thai basil. It’s perfectly lovely with an IPA on the Zilker Brewing patio. It’s just as good to go when guests want to get their Claw on.
sue_nami is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:08 PM   #17
MOCHAakaMOCHA
Hot, Smooth & Full-Bodied

User ID: 57609
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

It looks pretty good but not like it's a limited edition item...it's just a sandwich.
I am chill on fried foods for a little awhile but...I don't get why people are falling over themselves to buy it (and I like Popeye's). Unless they are like a Youtube reviewer or actual food critic maybe.
I haven't tried to buy it since it's been out the past few weeks...hype should die in a month. I might consider it in a month.
MOCHAakaMOCHA is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:19 PM   #18
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

That's all I can stands, and I can't stands no more.

Yeah, Chic's and Churches are bland as fuck. They're made for old people with sensitive digestion. Popeye's chicken packs a wallop, hope the same can be said for their sangwich.
Dev Null is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:12 PM   #19
stikiwikit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

this lists 6 local chicken sandwiches that are supposed to be better than either one of the fast food options we are discussing. I have not tried any of these local options. anyone tried these?

What about Lucy's?
stikiwikit is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:00 PM   #20
Agent220
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

My black self just had a Popeyes Chicken Sandwhich.

I think it's better than Chic-Fil-A but Chic has the better sauces like the honey roasted bbq packets and the sauce.

Now excuse me...sandwhich #2.
Agent220 is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:53 PM   #21
quzi
Valued Poster

Encounters: 90

T22 for nashville hot chicken!

Haven't tried the new popeyes sandwich but I hear it's sold out for a while. I'm not going to go blue in the face waiting like the next coming of McRib. I went to Franklins last Saturday and the line was already at the back of the lot before 8am. That's like a 4+ hour wait after they open at 11. Not worth that line.
quzi is offline   Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:43 AM   #22
stikiwikit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

ANOTHER GUN IDIOT1

An idiot in Houston pulled a gun on a Popeye's because they were out of the chicken sandwiches.

Also, fyi, GDSM here in Austin was the ad agency for Popeye's chiken sandwich campaign.
stikiwikit is offline   Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:52 PM   #23
T063076
Valued Poster

I ordered mine with soy sauce since, and the chicken sideways I love the amps so much
T063076 is offline   Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 10:11 AM   #24
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Right about that

That idiot deserves several years in a mental health institution followed by prison. The mental institution for going postal over a freaking chicken sandwich, then prison for the criminal behaviors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikiwikit View Post
An idiot in Houston pulled a gun on a Popeye's because they were out of the chicken sandwiches.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women