Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > Coed Discussions - Upstate New York
Coed Discussions - Upstate New York Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59843
gman4452860
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47422
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 07-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

Default Traffic is your friend

Board traffic to be more accurate………..how do you get it………..do you even understand what it’s value is to the board?
Houston area is (I’m guessing here) ranked 4th in terms of population behind New York, Upstate New York and Los Angeles (it probably is a close call on the Atlanta and Pittsburg areas)…..on this board.

We will leave Dallas Area out of the mix. They are where this board originated and thus will have a home court advantage……for the sake of this observation.

What is the purpose of the board………to find pussy (in whatever form; cheap, expensive, spinner, BBW)………..to get pussy to reveal itself to the members of the board.

To make that happen, you need three types of hobbyists on the board:

The Lurker: Believe it or not, this is the most important guy on the board………I don’t mean the fucktard who only posts stupid questions and ISOs……..I mean the true lurker. This is the guy with a shit load of stuff to lose if he ever gets caught. He never posts on the board. He only comes to the board for entertainment and pussy. He has chosen this board for one of three reasons; he enjoys the hooktard/fucktard threads, he is looking for legitimate intel on providers so he can fuck them…….or both.

The Bro: Now, the Bro is very important to the Lurker. He sees the providers and writes reviews about how he made her cum 14 times……..and those stretch marks were not that bad………and the incall was easy to get to………..half of which is bullshit. But, one important fact is gleaned from the process………..she is legitimate (most of the time). The Bro (typically) is not into the drama and will say so in open forum…..reminding everyone who will listen that this place is about getting laid………..he may or may not be a White Knight for his favorite…………he may or may not be a cock blocker against out of town talent trying to come to his fair city (there are good and bad Bros).

Then there is what I call the Old Timer: Now, most hobbyists make the mistake of thincking that an Old Timer is a Bro who has been in the hobby for a long time……….while it is true that a Bro has to be in the hobby for a long time to be an Old Timer, it is not true that all Bros who have been in the hobby for a long time become Old Timers. The Old Timer does not need the board anymore to get laid…….he is tapping a market that not on the boards or he is known among the providers in a way that transcends the board……….he may not even write reviews anymore………..that does not mean he doesn’t contribute to the board (maybe)……….the Old Timer can usually see a quack review immediately………..an Old Timer is useful in calling out the White Knights and Cock Blockers………he has the board credibility to call out the providers trying to get an advantage over her competition..........which are essential to hobby board.

Once you have identified the three essential elements of hobbyists who make a successful city forum, the providers will come.
Some of them will come with their agendas……….some will come with their pimps………..they will all come with their market strategies……….but, they will come……..and in droves............why, because this is a business to them...........and you don't ignore the source of your business.

A few will come with their drama………the smart business minded provider will know that drama is not her friend and simply post her ads and take the money to the bank.…….some will have an agenda to form the conversation on the board to their hobby perspective………some will write threads about needing an orgy or how important is BBBJ to you. A small amount of that is tolerable as long as they let the thread move away from the AD as it will always do………every thread ends up off topic………that is how a thread dies………..not by some Mod locking the thread……..all he did was pause the conversation………it will come up again and again until it is allowed a natural death.

Finally, there is the 400 lb gorilla in the room, the Mod: A good Mod is rarely seen or heard from in a thread. He knows how to steer a thread back on course with a comment here or there, and he knows to let a threAD die the death of the hijack (sometimes the hijack is your friend)…………..points are a rare thing and the ban is issued by a thousand cuts (1 or 2 points at a time)……….they know how to tell members in PM to ignore a thread if they don’t like it……….not take up their (righteous) cause……..at that point you quit being a Mod and became an advocate and just chose a side.

How does all of this play into “Traffic”…………….When you stifle opposing opinions, you kill traffic………for every agreement to one point of there is an agreement to the opposing opinion. When you kill one side of the conversation, you just lost half of your audience.

Who cares if someone calls someone a hooktard or fucktard………..the audience will decide who they believe.

The bottom line is you (Upstate New York) don’t have the traffic………….if you want it, you have to change the way you do business…………you are doing a disservice to all of those lurkers and providers who need the traffic…………..of course, at the end of the day someone else may decide for you.

Mods come and go…………..Ambassadors are with us forever.

Just the perspective of an Old Timer who has been around you know.
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
Perryay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

Dearhunter - Very interesting post with alot to consider! I guess I have to classify myself as a Bro because I don't have a private stash anywhere. LOL - I gotta believe that the Mods will read this carefully to see if they want to apply any of this Upstate. I certainly want a vibrant board but we really don't need name calling or other bulls**t. And no my panties aren't in a permanent knot and I'll drink my light beer with the best of them... So there! Seriously though, some very important points to consider and I hope that this board continues to grow but if a few a**holes or f**kta*rds as you so nicely call them went away, I would not be disappointed. In the meanwhile..... Take care & play safe!
Perryay is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
TexasGator
Sexual Liber🐊ator

Any wonder why he's THE Fuckin' Prophet?
(And carkido's best friend)
TexasGator is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:24 PM   #4
viviantonight
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2930
My ECCIE Reviews

deerhunter........I think I love you
Well said, well said!!!!!!!!!!!
viviantonight is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
wlhrgfan
BANNED

User ID: 33224
Encounters: 2

Good post for mind fodder

I have to agree with almost everything said. Nice job!
wlhrgfan is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:18 PM   #6
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Much of DH's commentary is accurate, and thought provoking. But he is the Fukcing Prophet . . . Where's the punch line?
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:28 PM   #7
mietk
Valued Poster

DH-

There is a 4th type of board member.........the douchebag. They wish they had the money to hobby or the balls to actually talk to a woman let alone call a provider. Yet they do have they balls, behind an anonymous posting board and computer, to 'speak' so much trash, in an authoritative and all knowing way, you have to put them on ignore.

I'm jus' sayin
mietk is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #8
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

The douchebags are good drama............and easily manipulated.

There are other entities on a hobby board..........it is a question of checkers vs chess............but, why give them sensory overload.........let them chew this cud for a while...........maybe they like their little pond just the way it is.
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:48 PM   #9
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

mmmmmmm some things to think about. Thanks for the thread.
offshoredrilling is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:10 PM   #10
guest102613-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 3112
My ECCIE Reviews

have to agree. lurkers & the bros make or break your business!
guest102613-2 is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:34 PM   #11
jokacz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtynikki84 View Post
have to agree. lurkers & the bros make or break your business!

Any chance you might tell us the ratio of Bros to Lurkers among your clientele?
jokacz is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:30 AM   #12
guest111111
Ambassador

DH, as usual... great great post. AS mods, i know that we wish to be in the background, That has actually always been my MO., unfortunately sometimes that isn't all that possible. thanks douchebags. lol
guest111111 is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:39 AM   #13
KohanaKoa
Ambassador

Encounters: 63

Nice post DH! Let's not forget about the effects of the "blue toilet water" on all board members!
KohanaKoa is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #14
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docdave View Post
That has actually always been my MO., unfortunately sometimes that isn't all that possible. thanks douchebags. lol
Just keepin' ya honest, Docdave.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #15
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohanaKoa View Post
Nice post DH! Let's not forget about the effects of the "blue toilet water" on all board members!

Don't forget the clinical trials he conducted. Inspiring . . .
pyramider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women