Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Another Realm
Another Realm This forum is designed for those exploring alternative sexual practices and lifestyles. Whether a seasoned veteran of this scene, a newbie, or simply interested in broadening your sexual horizons, we hope you'll find the content of this forum stimulating and informative.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40246
CryptKicker37048
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 02-18-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
RickO'shayRabbitt
Account Disabled

Encounters: 9
Default Reality vs Fantasy

I am going to make an assumption here that most of you (especially gents) who are into, shall we say, non-traditional activities in the bedroom, fantasized about it before acting on it.

So my question is, do you draw the line between your fantasies and acting on them? Or, do you think that if you fantasize about it you will eventually act on it? If so, why? If not, why not?
RickO'shayRabbitt is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:27 PM   #2
Edrienne Cole
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 13485
My ECCIE Reviews

Most of the things I have fantasized about, I end up doing. Depending on what they are, though, the activities may take some working up to. There are some that are probably destined to remain in the fantasy realm.... sadly.

As to the why behind it all.... well, one answer to the 'working up to it' stuff is physics - it takes time to be able to physically (or mentally) accomplish certain things. And the ones that are destined to remain fantasies... real life issues around disease possibilities and the simple fact that I'm a wuss in the pain department. ;-)
Edrienne Cole is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I had fantasies years before I acted on them, and I haven't acted on all the fantasies I've had. Part of it is reticence to ask for those activities. Part of it is not being able to find a suitable partner for the activities. Part of it is that the activities I desire are more expensive than most and I can't afford them. Also, part of it is that the menu in which I am interested is hard to match. And finally, part of it is that it is really hard to communicate bluntly with a provider ahead of time because they all think you're LE.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
RickO'shayRabbitt
Account Disabled

Edrienne, your comments makes me wonder what role STDs have played in reducing fantasy play over the years, if it indeed has.

Charles, I have heard both sides of your complaint. I have heard some of the more experienced guys say talk about it ahead of time. But I think most of the ladies are leery. From that standpoint, I think you need to invest some time in some vanilla play with a lady until she feels comfortable with you. But yeah, time isn't the only thing that has to be invested for that. Catch-22, I guess.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #5
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I believe that some of the fantasies that the ladies "might" have are rather debasing. And so it's going to be difficult to actually find someone (or three or four) people, places or things to accomplish whatever fantasy one might have.

I'm guessing that if I was going to do this at all that I would prefer the company of strangers and well, some of these fantasies are dangerous anyway ... hence, for me, they remain in the mind and not outside of and certainly not in reality.

Which is a disappointment in itself.

Elisabeth

P.S. Edrienne, it's so nice to see you post!!!
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
Edrienne Cole
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 13485
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks, Elisabeth!

BarneyRubble: I sincerely doubt the concern over STDs has historically had much impact on folks acting out fantasies. I'd imagine that only the last 20 years or so might have seen some impact from that.

Consider. For the vast majority of history, people had no clue what STDs were (let alone how they were transmitted) and attributed everything, good or bad, to the gods/fate/satan/etc. In the modern era, even after identifying the fact of/transmission methods for STDs, we saw the Free Love Era of the 60's/70's followed by the excesses of the party culture of the 80's/90's. AIDS wouldn't have been the epidemic it was during that time if concern over safe/sane play were paramount.
Edrienne Cole is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:54 AM   #7
Guest050911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

Well,

I make it a practice to turn my fantasies into realities. And I have a few left looking for willing partners in creme, oops, I mean crime...

Apply via PM, let's see who has better ones... LOL!

PPE
Guest050911 is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #8
Guest032514-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 3495
My ECCIE Reviews

When I was younger I think I was reticent about asking for what I wanted from fear of being labelled abnormal. I think you have to accept yourself and get comfortable with your wants before you're comfortable asking.

I do still have a personal bucket list, but as soon as I cross one item off - I add two.
Guest032514-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #9
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Some fantasies I act on and some I think are better left a fantasy. Not because one may be more outside the sandbox bandwidth, but because, well probably because, I’m not ready to act on said fantasy.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #10
RickO'shayRabbitt
Account Disabled

One time I tried to tell my ex what I wanted to try. She didn't even hide her disgust, called me a perv. So, I kept every fantasy to myself for quite some time. But after my divorce (did anyone see that coming-lol) I dated a lady for awhile who was into roleplay and she really opened my mind. It's still scary to admit how extreme some of my fantasies are, but I am much less worried about someone's reaction than I used to be. I am fairly comfortable with who I am. Besides, it's all in fun. I am not defined by my kinks, it's just a part of me.

This is me totally agreeing with Babee.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #11
lilsmurf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

My problem is that I never know when I'm in reality.
lilsmurf is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women