Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452872
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47443
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Old 06-20-2019, 09:09 PM   #46
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
Hmmm. Are you speaking to me this afternoon?

Give an example of common sense that personifies what a great guy he is and what insight he possesses. Heck, go for it!

Give two examples. Inspire us with your insight. Please. I beg of you.

You're hijacking the topic, though. The OP is asking the liberals for their opinions. But I'd adore reading your examples. After all, you're from the land of "glitter and sparkles" and I've never heard any political opinions from folks who reside in that place.

Best,
Elisabeth
He's a Billionaire and besides that the first time he runs for public office he wins against all odds and beats the most corrupt career politician ever. how's that.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:10 PM   #47
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Isn’t it hilarious how all these anti Trumpers in this thread haven’t posted one cogent argument why they dislike him? Not one factual reason. They just don’t like him. Low information voters.
Yes, many of the arguments are just the regurgitation of what the MSM spoon feeds them about Trump every day. They could be right off of Maddow, Morning Joe, Chris Matthews, Don Lemon, or a host of other shows. Little of this is backed up with fact and is more "feeling" than anything.

Speed did give some pretty detailed cogent analysis of his feelings on Trump(as he has before), and in his case, it comes down to a small set of categories.
1. He doesn't like Trump's persona. Others like Elizabeth voiced similar complaints. I agree Trump could have a better filter, but in many instances it's his persona that has either pushed through or gotten certain things done.
2. He doesn't like certain of Trump's policies. This is purely political ideology and opinions differ.
3. There seems to be on his part a reluctance to even think about giving Trump a win on items. It's always outcome to yet be determined or the action didn't go far enough, or he didn't even address the issue yet. Well, you don't accomplish a 4 year agenda in 2.5 years.

So while detailing a bunch of things he doesn't like about Trump, none of it in my opinion rises to the level of hate and maliciousness shown towards Trump in general. Speed never said he hated him, but seems to go out of his way to downplay or disparage him.

So we are back around to much of the "hate" is simply a feeling without substance.

And something for the haters to chew on.

https://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=17
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:31 PM   #48
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Question to the board Liberals/Progressives: Why do you hate President Trump? I know, you don't hate him, you just dislike him with the intensity of 10,000 suns. This isn't a trick question.

Try to be specific. If you wanna say because "he's a facist" then give a acts or behaviors of facism to support the claim.

Be honest with yourself. Thanks in advance for your considered responses.
I'm not a liberal in the sense that you're using the world, at least on economic issues. I do dislike Trump, and do think he's dead wrong on trade issues. However, his style and persona play a big part. Eccielover distills it down:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
1. He doesn't like Trump's persona. Others like Elizabeth voiced similar complaints. I agree Trump could have a better filter, but in many instances it's his persona that has either pushed through or gotten certain things done.
Peggy Noonan, a conservative who's not a fan of Trump, elaborates in today's Wall Street Journal:

From the beginning he (Trump) has had peace and prosperity—both relative, both provisional, but he has them—and it doesn’t show. They’re everything. He shouldn’t be polling in the high 30s and low 40s, he should be breaking 50. He’s not.

One reason is that in his speeches he rarely tries to persuade the uncertain, he only tells the certain they’re right. He does antagonism and aggrievement. But the American people are not only about those things, and young people with searching minds are not those things. He needs to give a sense of striving for something larger, if only to provide the idea we can strive for anything together, that we’re not so blasted to bits that we can never again have a common mission. He will not do this because he doesn’t have the tools, and thinks it’s for sissies.

He has many possible supporters but he exhausts them with his oddness. His embarrassments and crudities, his making trouble that doesn’t have to be made, his sloppiness and lack of professionalism—all give a sense that there’s no there there if trouble comes. He exhausts you not into submission but into ultimate aversion.

He has not, in three tempestuous, trouble-seeking years, lost his core.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/my-sist...mp-11561069936

He's his own worst enemy.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:45 PM   #49
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderbella View Post
No, not at all.

I have many friends and relatives who are GOP Republicans.
They know very well that I am not. Yet they do not scream
or yell at me about it. We listen to each other with respect.

The only thing we tell each other during election season is
to vote. Not who to vote for, just to vote and make our own
individual voices heard.

I am a veteran. I am a parent. I am a human being who is
very concerned about the rhetoric out of the Trump cabinet.

The press is a problem, but more concerning to me is the
hate filled rhetoric toward anyone who is not rich, white
and male out of our president.
This is nothing but platitudes...
Please respond with a cogent "point-counterpoint"...this isn't it!!
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:00 PM   #50
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Peggy Noonan, a conservative who's not a fan of Trump, elaborates in today's Wall Street Journal:

[snip]

Peggy sounds like one very depressed woman. trump not losing his core must really toast her.

Quote:
maybe he is, maybe he isn't. he's keeping it real.

don't know if you're aware. trumpism is all over the western world.

even the new El Salvadoran president is a trumpist.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:02 PM   #51
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I'm not a liberal in the sense that you're using the world, at least on economic issues. I do dislike Trump, and do think he's dead wrong on trade issues. However, his style and persona play a big part. Eccielover distills it down:

From the beginning he (Trump) has had peace and prosperity—both relative, both provisional, but he has them—and it doesn’t show. They’re everything. He shouldn’t be polling in the high 30s and low 40s, he should be breaking 50. He’s not.

One reason is that in his speeches he rarely tries to persuade the uncertain, he only tells the certain they’re right. He does antagonism and aggrievement. But the American people are not only about those things, and young people with searching minds are not those things. He needs to give a sense of striving for something larger, if only to provide the idea we can strive for anything together, that we’re not so blasted to bits that we can never again have a common mission. He will not do this because he doesn’t have the tools, and thinks it’s for sissies.

He has many possible supporters but he exhausts them with his oddness. His embarrassments and crudities, his making trouble that doesn’t have to be made, his sloppiness and lack of professionalism—all give a sense that there’s no there there if trouble comes. He exhausts you not into submission but into ultimate aversion.

If he's his own worst enemy how do you explain the HUGE enthusiasm from the public in his ability to drawn HUGE crowds...24.5 MIL raised in first day of his reelection campaign...is this something you would expect from someone with such low approval rating?

No DEM EVEN COMES CLOSE...please explain this...this doesn't sound like being your own worst enemy...if so I'd like to be in that position.

You're falling short TINY...he knows how to play the LSM and throws it right back at them and this FUCKING drives EVERYONE on the left NUTS!!
P.S. Your diatribe is LOADED with PSYCHOBABBLE!!
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:01 AM   #52
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
Yes, many of the arguments are just the regurgitation of what the MSM spoon feeds them about Trump every day. They could be right off of Maddow, Morning Joe, Chris Matthews, Don Lemon, or a host of other shows. Little of this is backed up with fact and is more "feeling" than anything.

Speed did give some pretty detailed cogent analysis of his feelings on Trump(as he has before), and in his case, it comes down to a small set of categories.
2. He doesn't like certain of Trump's policies. This is purely political ideology and opinions differ.
3. There seems to be on his part a reluctance to even think about giving Trump a win on items. It's always outcome to yet be determined or the action didn't go far enough, or he didn't even address the issue yet. Well, you don't accomplish a 4 year agenda in 2.5 years.

So while detailing a bunch of things he doesn't like about Trump, none of it in my opinion rises to the level of hate and maliciousness shown towards Trump in general. Speed never said he hated him, but seems to go out of his way to downplay or disparage him.

So we are back around to much of the "hate" is simply a feeling without substance.

And something for the haters to chew on.

https://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=17
I agree with what you are saying. I may hate Trump's character but I don't hate Trump. Like every other POTUS before him, he is doing what in his mind is best for this country.

As far as your comment about not giving Trump a win on items. How many Trump supporters on this forum have given ANY positive comments about Obama? In 8 years he did nothing positive? Maybe the same "feeling without substance".

You are right about Trump being only 2 1/2 years into a 4 year term and there are several issues that may be turn out to be very positive for Trump -- immigration, trade, continuation of the economic growth. Like Tiny said in a different thread -- Trump has the opportunities in front of him to succeed in several important areas. I agree.

BTW, thanks to gnadfly for trying to honestly ask forum members for their opinions. I've found gnadfly to to be one of those on this board who may disagree with others but does it politely and shows total respect for others.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:16 AM   #53
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
If he's his own worst enemy how do you explain the HUGE enthusiasm from the public in his ability to drawn HUGE crowds...24.5 MIL raised in first day of his reelection campaign...is this something you would expect from someone with such low approval rating?

No DEM EVEN COMES CLOSE...please explain this...this doesn't sound like being your own worst enemy...if so I'd like to be in that position.

You're falling short TINY...he knows how to play the LSM and throws it right back at them and this FUCKING drives EVERYONE on the left NUTS!!
In the last 2 weeks I have received eMail/Facebook requests for donations from Donald Trump, Melania Trump for Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, and Beto O'Rourke. Possibly others I'm forgetting. I have made no contributions at this point in time because I'm waiting for the field to thin out and come to some sort of consensus. Probably many others are doing the same.

Trump is in the driver's seat right now. Republicans know who their candidate will be. It's also early in the 2020 campaign. When election time draws closer, I expect Democrats to open up their wallets and support the Democratic candidate.

I find it interesting that you continue to verbally attack people like Tiny and myself simply because our political viewpoints differ from those of your own. Tiny has shown himself to be a valuable contributor to this forum. I also have a great deal of respect for many Trump supporters such as gnadfly, JD Barleycorn, eccielover, dilbert, oeb11 and some others. They can disagree without trying to insult others.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:21 AM   #54
oeb11
Valued Poster

Thank You, SR.

Trump is a shoot from the hip, definitely a non-politician type, detested by the Dems.
Who are trying everything in their arsenal to impede, obstruct,and oppose the business of governing the nation in favor of persecuting/prosecuting the POTUS based on Mc Carthyite "Evidence".

In many ways, I am disgusted with both sides partisanship.
Trump may be leaving Iran a way to save face with the current situation - the ayatollahs have dangerously escalated violence in the Strait of Hormuz - and endangers European oil suply . The europes are all about hang-wringing and apologists for a nuclear arsenal bound and determined Iranian theocracy - in order ot Nuke Israel. It is a recipe for nuclear war- Israel won't permit the development of tht type of threat to their existence. Perhaps the Ayatollahs feel tis better to be in their "Paradise" having nuked Israel, than to come to a peaceful accord.

If the Iranians continue the use of force in the Strait of Hormuz - it will be met with force. They have been warned and given a way to stand down. I think they are trying to push their envelope as much as possible - it seems about at the Limit.

What would Hillary or other DPST's Do - Cry, wring hands, and capitulate to the Ayatolahs - a long-term recipe for them cheating on the nuclear accord. Regardless of a poster on this forum who trusts Iran implicitly - I do not. Neither does Israel - its leaders or people - who see a nuclear armed Iran as an existential threat - as they have threatened many times.

Ok - a bit off topic about Trump. Perhaps a new thread on this Iran topic .

Thank you - SR - I may not agree with You ( sometimes i do) - but you post cogent, constructive, and supported arguments and ideas.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:23 AM   #55
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

SpeedRacer, I reply to his posts with “do tell.” He says that all the time. Those are his voodoo magic words. I also “Like” his posts.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:24 AM   #56
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post

Do tell
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:24 AM   #57
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Reports are that some 80 million copies of Fifty Shades of Grey were sold in this country since it was published; yet, many in that same audience say, "orange man say bad words"?
Alright Hercules....
grean is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:27 AM   #58
Expresso Jim
Valued Poster

And Elizabeth just scratched the surface.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
I'll bite.

Never really have considered myself a true Liberal although it seems like, for now, that's (philosophically) where I reside.

I'd like to add that as a past card-carrying Republican, it's not the same party as it was when I volunteered, and did other work, for the party itself.

And its seems a lot of other past Republicans agree.

So to answer your question, I don't like President Trump because of the way that he speaks. His values do not align with mine at all.

For me, the Presidencey is almost sacred. Seriously. I might not have been overly fond of some past leaders, from both parties, but they always showed the respect that the office deserves.

I'm speaking of attitude. The way he speaks and riles people up. The cursing. The simple vulgarity.

And the double speak. You wanted examples of each but there are so many that are obvious, well, his "I'm so mistreated!" statements compared to the way that he's hatcheted his enemies, verbally and otherwise, he's such a hypocrite.

Second. The hate that he's generated. This is what concerns me.

I'm being bullied, in bed, by Trump folks. Seriously. It's happened. Why? Never has happened with other world leaders. But since Trump, it seems as if poor behaviors are acceptable now.

And yes, I blame Trump for the lack of just basic manners going on with certain people these days. It's concerning.

Also, I've never believed that he was this huge and successful business person that others crow about.

I'm of an age that remembers Trump as being this really handsome guy who would be at Studio 54 yucking it up with the elite, etc. Covers on People Magazine. He's been around for decades. And I thought the same thing about him back then.

All show. Little substance.

So that's just a few of the reasons that I don't appreciate the Trump presidency.

Finally, his overall lack of knowledge, schooling, and it seems as if he could be in the beginnings of dementia. I mean, I watch Fox News to just see the other side. Usually check in once a day.

Doubt if you put a blank map in front of Trump and asked where Iran was, that he could answer. Probably couldn't even pick out the continent the country is located.

THAT just starts with a few of my issues concerning Trump. And all of these sex workers that are just SO pro-Trump?

Just boggles the mind. Seriously.

I have close friends, and family, who are Trump supporters. You asked for specific examples, may I have the same? All that I hear about his accomplishments are over the top generalizations. Nothing specific.

Seems to me the policies that he's been putting in place is hurting the average Joe. Certainly not helping the farmers or others. He is just suggesting the positive and gas lighting his base.

All untrue from the outside looking in.

Alright ... start throwing the rotten tomatoes at me. I can handle it.

EW
Expresso Jim is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:54 AM   #59
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
He's a Billionaire and besides that the first time he runs for public office he wins against all odds and beats the most corrupt career politician ever. how's that.
He's filed bankruptcy 6 times and this wasn't the first time he ran for office.

He ran for President in 2000 and actually won the California Reform party primary before dropping out in February of 2000.

He's not good at business. He's good at losing the money his daddy gave him. His actual wealth is in dispute. As Mark Cuban put it, " to be a billionare, you actually have to have a billion dollars."

https://www.npr.org/2017/01/20/51068...g-for-30-years
grean is offline   Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 09:29 AM   #60
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by grean View Post
He's filed bankruptcy 6 times and this wasn't the first time he ran for office.

He ran for President in 2000 and actually won the California Reform party primary before dropping out in February of 2000.

He's not good at business. He's good at losing the money his daddy gave him. His actual wealth is in dispute. As Mark Cuban put it, " to be a billionare, you actually have to have a billion dollars."

https://www.npr.org/2017/01/20/51068...g-for-30-years
It’s obvious that you don’t know bankruptcy law:

https://www.abi.org/feed-item/examin...1-bankruptcies

At least Trump owns some of the most coveted properties in the world. Mark Cuban, not so much.
bambino is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women