Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160169
Yssup Rider59818
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47402
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 02-18-2019, 01:34 PM   #1
iLuvRon-Burgundy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5
Default getting old sucks! getting bi-lateral hip replacemen & scared out of my mind

OK I got it this is probably not a place to discuss this. However I don’t know where to go and I don’t want people that are close to really know how I feel.

I’ve always taken pride in my legs and I’m about to loose use in both legs. There muscular and healthy. Honestly a lot of girls have come out and said I have a good looking ass and thighs. The doctor said because My healthy legs overall I have thicker stronger bone structure as a whole. Long story short I was injured in a combat zone. I have absolutely no fluid in my hip joints, so my femur rubs on the bone socket. Add to the fact I also have degenerative bone tissue in my spine caused most likely due to hereditary issues.

This is limited my job capability the last couple years. I used to be a firefighter, Now I’m just a part-time employee at an undisclosed location.

I’m not even sure where to go about benefits, mainly due to the fact I’m not gonna be able to work. I don’t know if this is something that Social Security will even provide temporary benefits for. I will be out of work for 2 to 6 months. There are several parts to the story I’m not putting out there. What has not helped me Is on still fighting over a car wreck that happened about a year and a half ago. That car wreck Along with my previous injuries from the military have exasperated My hips to the point that now I need to do the bilateral surgery.

So basically I’m fucked right now. Not sure what to do about monies. I don’t wanna lose my house, my car or anything else. I had to sell family heirlooms just to try to make ends meet. I’ve not been able to participate like I used to years past. My world is crashing down a lot has to do with an a longer youthful.

Turning old just sucks... I’m just venting
iLuvRon-Burgundy is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:38 PM   #2
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I wish you better sunnier days!!!!
DallasRain is online now   Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:40 PM   #3
iLuvRon-Burgundy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Thank you
iLuvRon-Burgundy is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 03:31 PM   #4
theonean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

When you hit 65 you can get medicaid. Maybe now you can get the snap program.
theonean is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:21 AM   #5
LongLeggedLexi
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 303265
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

So sorry to hear this, hoping everything goes smoothly, i know it doesnt help but no complications further would be a blessing....
LongLeggedLexi is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:16 AM   #6
alaine
"Moved on"..

User ID: 78361
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

You should certainly be eligble for VA disability. Curious if you have gotten a disability rating.

Theonean: Turning 65 has zero to do with MEDICADE.

You may or maynot qualify for SNAP if you are physically unable to work.

I highly reccomend making an appointment with a VA Social Worker to see if they can help you apply for what is available.

You can draw Social Security and Medicare as early as 62.
alaine is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:01 AM   #7
Whisky_1
Valued Poster

Default VA and SSA Disability

If unable to work for a year or more you make be able to draw SSDI and/ or SSI. Combat veterans get priority for processing Social Security(SSA) disability claims. Next, if you are a honorably discharged veteran and your disability is connected you make be eligible for VA disability compensation in addition to SSA SSDI or SSI benefits. A bilateral total joint replacement could possibly result in a temporary 100 percent VA disability rating for up to 12 months and up to a 60 percent VA disability rating after one year subject to adjustment every five to seven years or whenever you apply for a rate increase. Purple Heart recipients may receive priority processing of disability claims at some VA Regional Offices. If surgery is done by a non-VA medical facility I recommend you have your doctor complete a DBQ to submit with your claim. If your surgery is performed at a VA medical facility request your physician note the need to convalesce in your medical records to submit with your VA disability claim.
Whisky_1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:41 PM   #8
alaine
"Moved on"..

User ID: 78361
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

^^^ Expert advice Whisky_1 . Thanks for posting this info. I'm sure that there is more than one person here who can find it informative.
alaine is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:53 PM   #9
Ronin3
Premium Access

Encounters: 123

I think some of the financial possibilities have been pointed out. From a medical POV I would strongly suggest not doing both at the same time. You cannot rehab properly. I know this from professional and personal experience, although mine were knees. And I’d advise spinal for anesthesia.
Ronin3 is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:17 PM   #10
Tsmokies
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Wow Ron. Sorry to hear that. Hope you a speedy recovery and a strong comeback. I'm not a vet but I really hope you're eligible for benefits. I hear they can be difficult to deal with by others
Tsmokies is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:52 AM   #11
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

sorry to read about your troubles.. I hope it gets much better. I'm dealing with a bout of food poisoning right now, and all of a sudden I feel far less sorry for myself.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 01:38 PM   #12
Whisky_1
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin3 View Post
I think some of the financial possibilities have been pointed out. From a medical POV I would strongly suggest not doing both at the same time. You cannot rehab properly. I know this from professional and personal experience, although mine were knees. And I’d advise spinal for anesthesia.
A veteran with honorable or general under honorable conditions should be able to receive physical and occupational therapy at VA medical centers or at civilian providers via the VA Choice program even if the medical procedures were not performed by VA surgeons. Veterans should visit the nearest VA medical center and request a consult with a VA social worker to start the ball rolling to receive comprehensive medical care under a central primary health care provider.
Whisky_1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 04:58 PM   #13
bamscram
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky_1 View Post
If unable to work for a year or more you make be able to draw SSDI and/ or SSI. Combat veterans get priority for processing Social Security(SSA) disability claims. Next, if you are a honorably discharged veteran and your disability is connected you make be +1for VA disability compensation in addition to SSA SSDI or SSI benefits. A bilateral total joint replacement could possibly result in a temporary 100 percent VA disability rating for up to 12 months and up to a 60 percent VA disability rating after one year subject to adjustment every five to seven years or whenever you apply for a rate increase. Purple Heart recipients may receive priority processing of disability claims at some VA Regional Offices. If surgery is done by a non-VA medical facility I recommend you have your doctor complete a DBQ to submit with your claim. If your surgery is performed at a VA medical facility request your physician note the need to convalesce in your medical records to submit with your VA disability claim.

+1
bamscram is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:34 PM   #14
mtabsw
Edge Toy

Encounters: 62

When I retired, they told me I had a disability, but I refused it. Over 20 years later, my pocketbook said "don't be stupid", so I looked into, it and it was VERY easy to get examined and get my disability so I qualified for the care I need. That was despite my initial refusal and the passage of time. My only out-of-pocket was a civilian examination to provide the documentation of my current, but service-related, problems.

FYI, the tax free compensation goes up to about 3k per month for just you, more with dependents. That's over and above treatment.

Long story short - the Ft Worth VA is very good, their service is first rate, and the priority on combat veterans is very much appreciated by this old fuck.

I started on the website, but got stuck on question and called the 800 number - the guy went thru the stuff for me and got it filed.

https://explore.va.gov/disability-compensation

Tarrant County also several Veteran Service Officers ready to help you get thru any red tape.
https://www.nacvso.org/directory/directory_5.aspx
mtabsw is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:15 AM   #15
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLuvRon-Burgundy View Post
........ Long story short I was injured in a combat zone........
What combat zone. Were you in the US military? Where you a civilan working in a combat zone?

Interesting questions. There are the possibility of unknown help for this.
JRLawrence is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women