Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 392
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70718
biomed162720
Yssup Rider60423
gman4453234
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48462
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41762
CryptKicker37184
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36128
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
DDBD Photography
Valued Poster

Default The Season of Giving

I don't know if this goes in coed or not but if it's the wrong area can the mods please move it to the right forum.

Through my commercial photography business I have been active in many charities and have donated both time and funds to causes such as the American Diabetes Association, American Heart Association, Breast Cancer Awareness, Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention programs, and at risk youth programs.

I have noticed that there is a community feeling with the members of this site and I was wondering if there is a community drive for any particular charity during the holiday seasons here on eccie.

I have worked with SOB's in previous years to raise funds for various charities during the holiday season and I can honestly say it does not matter where donations come from, the needs exist and if we are able to assist those in need then that is all that matters.

I am contacting some of my charity partners and donation organizers now and what I wanted to know is, if there is an interest in doing some type of discrete donation drive - it can be toys, food, financial or whatever, but if we can do a discrete drive, would you all be interested in donating to a cause this holiday season.

Just throwing it out there as an idea. Thanks for reading.
DDBD Photography is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
KatieKatie
Account Disabled

User ID: 81791
My ECCIE Reviews

A hobby website up north does a Toys for Tots drive and offers a discount for the guys at the door if they bring something to their Christmas party. That is pretty easy to organize but without a party it may be a bit hard.
KatieKatie is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
DDBD Photography
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKatieNYC View Post
A hobby website up north does a Toys for Tots drive and offers a discount for the guys at the door if they bring something to their Christmas party. That is pretty easy to organize but without a party it may be a bit hard.
I think I know which site you are talking about. I'm from the east coast and we used to do it there also. What I was thinking for this area is something where we have a cutoff date and collect toys and/or food. Providers can collect from their clients or however you all want to do it and at the cutoff date we have one drop point and deliver the items to the charity selected.

With the cutbacks that many of the community organizations have experienced recently I'm sure we could find one that we could all agree on and there are a lot of people that can benefit from our collective help.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4781
Location: Private Incall ~ Westchase/Memorial/Energy Corridor
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDBD Photography View Post

I have noticed that there is a community feeling with the members of this site and I was wondering if there is a community drive for any particular charity during the holiday seasons here on eccie.
No. These charities do not want to be associated with a hooker board. It blew up 2 years ago when a girl said she was gathering toys for tots. Eccie even went back and edited the girls ads to remove that information. Fox news went out to her house and contacted toys for tots. And that is not the only case of that happening, just the only one I can recall happening in Houston.

I do gather toys every year from my clients, but I hand them out on my own and do not donate to anyone organization in general.
Brooke Wilde is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
KatieKatie
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
I think I know which site you are talking about. I'm from the east coast and we used to do it there also. What I was thinking for this area is something where we have a cutoff date and collect toys and/or food. Providers can collect from their clients or however you all want to do it and at the cutoff date we have one drop point and deliver the items to the charity selected.

With the cutbacks that many of the community organizations have experienced recently I'm sure we could find one that we could all agree on and there are a lot of people that can benefit from our collective help.
I think I read somewhere that people here are a bit weary to donate to providers. Some may keep the "good ones", etc. I wouldn't trust it myself.

The donations would need to happen in a group setting. Nobody needs to know who the toys came from. A legit organization would be great. I like to choose something very local for kids in need where we are.

Sorry, Brooke, but donating to people you know is kind of weird. That is like me starting a drive and say I am donating 20% of my income to single moms in need and hand it over to my sisters.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
DDBD Photography
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke Wild View Post
No. These charities do not want to be associated with a hooker board. It blew up 2 years ago when a girl said she was gathering toys for tots. Eccie even went back and edited the girls ads to remove that information. Fox news went out to her house and contacted toys for tots. And that is not the only case of that happening, just the only one I can recall happening in Houston.

I do gather toys every year from my clients, but I hand them out on my own and do not donate to anyone organization in general.
Thanks for the feedback and you have a very valid point and I had those thoughts also which is why I said it would be a discrete drive and the donation can be anonymous - you don't have to mention where the items come from or who donated the items, simply drop them off and go.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
DDBD Photography
Valued Poster

Quote:
I think I read somewhere that people here are a bit weary to donate to providers. Some may keep the "good ones", etc. I wouldn't trust it myself.

The donations would need to happen in a group setting. Nobody needs to know who the toys came from. A legit organization would be great. I like to choose something very local for kids in need where we are.
I agree some may be reluctant to donate because of that reason and that is one of the things I thought about also. If we could put it together, I agree a group setting would be ideal and I agree about doing something local that benefits the kids, that actually was my purpose in starting this discussion, something to benefit the kids that don't have to make it a little easier for them during the holidays.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #8
Guest073114
Account Disabled

User ID: 72870
My ECCIE Reviews

Ummmmmm. You rock.
Guest073114 is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

FancyInHeels does a drive this time of year for abused animals.....I am sure she would put any donation to good use
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #10
DDBD Photography
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulinaPayne View Post
Ummmmmm. You rock.
thank you and so do you...my camera misses you young lady
Old 11-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #11
NorthWood
Valued Poster

Quote:
... I agree a group setting would be ideal ....
I recommend you get CDB to vet the attendees.
NorthWood is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #12
DDBD Photography
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWood View Post
I recommend you get CDB to vet the attendees.
what's CDB
Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #13
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:

Sorry, Brooke, but donating to people you know is kind of weird. That is like me starting a drive and say I am donating 20% of my income to single moms in need and hand it over to my sisters.
I didn't say anything about people I "know" ... I said I do it on my own. Don't twist my words around. What you stated above, if done, would be a flat out scam.

I meant .... I am donating to homeless people on the street I have seen many times, or mothers/kids I know from homeless shelters in my area ... there is nothing weird about that.

By the way .... last year because of my "weird" ways, I was able to give out over a dozen jackets that my clients donated to me over a 2 month period.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #14
KatieKatie
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

^I wasn't sure what you meant. That is totally fine and very sweet.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #15
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback and you have a very valid point and I had those thoughts also which is why I said it would be a discrete drive and the donation can be anonymous - you don't have to mention where the items come from or who donated the items, simply drop them off and go.
Very true.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women