Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Nebraska > The Sandbox - Nebraska
The Sandbox - Nebraska The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70419
biomed160575
Yssup Rider59931
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47552
pyramider46370
bambino40326
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35378
Mojojo33117

Old 11-30-2013, 11:39 PM   #1
12blue4u
Valued Poster

Encounters: 72
Default Stuck with Bo, NO NO NO

Welcome to Nebraska where mediocrity, a coach who is a national embarrassment, has never won anything, is now accepted as OK. How we have fallen.
12blue4u is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:01 AM   #2
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Only thing worse than letting Bo go is to fire him for stupid reasons like they did Solich. I think the real Nebraska embarrassment is the anti-Bo crowd.

While I am not a huge Bo fan, getting rid of him when he has winning seasons, and they did a pretty good job considering the injuries to the offense, does make Nebraska a place any sane good coach would come to. Which is why Bill Byrne came and destroyed the program.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
12blue4u
Valued Poster

Not winning anything is 6 years is not a stupid reason. Franks firing was an ego thing on Peterson.
If you were a CEO of a company that has not progressed in 6 years under your helm, insulted stockholders, yelled at the media, embarrassed the company brand do you think he would still be CEO.
Duke freaking Duke has been turned around in less than 2 years.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
huskerman23
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12blue4u View Post
Welcome to Nebraska where mediocrity, a coach who is a national embarrassment, has never won anything, is now accepted as OK. How we have fallen.
WAH! WAH! WAH! YOU ARE EMBARRASSING EVERYONE ON ECCIE NEBRASKA BOARD! WHAT A FUCKING FAIR-WEATHER FAN YOU ARE!
huskerman23 is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
LayneLaughlin
"Tits McGee"

User ID: 159208
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmstud60 View Post
Only thing worse than letting Bo go is to fire him for stupid reasons like they did Solich. I think the real Nebraska embarrassment is the anti-Bo crowd.
Yup. Yup, and more yup.
LayneLaughlin is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
LNK
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

I think they need to sit Bo down and explain to him, carefully, that outbursts on the sideline are not going to be tolerated, and sign an additional contract with huge punitive penalties if he does so again.

I've been watching him on the sideline, and just from his facial expressions, I KNEW he was going to lose it again soon and cost the players a chance at some point. And he did.

And more punitive penalties if he doesn't spend more time showing his players how to A) Hold on to the freakin' rock, and B) How to wrap up and tackle, not just bounce off opposing players.

I don't think he's a bad coach, just not really head coach material. He'd be great under a good head coach as a defensive coordinator. Wait, he's done that successfully. Bo is a shining example of the Peter Principle in action. He's reached his level of incompetence.
LNK is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #7
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/bob-devaney-1.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/tom-osborne-1.html

The late "great" Mr. Devaney didn't have that great of a record when he came here it seems. From what I've read, the great husker fans of Nebraska tried to run the husker football god TO out of Lincoln numerous times....putting for sale signs in his yard, lol Yep, those are great fans to have huh?

Now comes along Bo who inherited a mess from one coach who couldn't his dick in his pants and cost the school millions of dollars in hush money and another coach who couldn't coach himself out of a wet paper bag. Bo who has a winning record, his players have the highest GPA's to date (even under the god TO himself) and UNL/fans KNEW he was a hot head when they hired him back as head coach.

The media and anti Bo people have turned this into an embarrassing situation for the school and state. What Bo said during his press conference was right, all the "fire bo" talk and negativity does effect the players and coaches because its all year long.

No coach worth their salt would come to UNL to coach. They would constantly worry after every game if they had a job or not. They wouldn't want to put down roots here, especially if they don't have a winning season.
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
Guest030114
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsElena View Post
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/bob-devaney-1.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/tom-osborne-1.html

The late "great" Mr. Devaney didn't have that great of a record when he came here it seems. From what I've read, the great husker fans of Nebraska tried to run the husker football god TO out of Lincoln numerous times....putting for sale signs in his yard, lol Yep, those are great fans to have huh?

Now comes along Bo who inherited a mess from one coach who couldn't his dick in his pants and cost the school millions of dollars in hush money and another coach who couldn't coach himself out of a wet paper bag. Bo who has a winning record, his players have the highest GPA's to date (even under the god TO himself) and UNL/fans KNEW he was a hot head when they hired him back as head coach.

The media and anti Bo people have turned this into an embarrassing situation for the school and state. What Bo said during his press conference was right, all the "fire bo" talk and negativity does effect the players and coaches because its all year long.

No coach worth their salt would come to UNL to coach. They would constantly worry after every game if they had a job or not. They wouldn't want to put down roots here, especially if they don't have a winning season.
Elena, you are correct. I remember the days (I was in grade and high school at the time) when Dr. Tom began his tenure as head coach with 9-3 records but would lose to Oklahoma and lose the bowl game and people wanted his head on a platter. Frankie coached well but had one mediocre season and was fired by Steve Pederson because of Pederson's ego. Bo should have been hired after the Alamo Bowl when they beat Michigan, but, again, stupidity reigned. Bo has a temper, for sure, but where TO would just let these calls roll off his back, Bo is going to show his anger and probably piss off more B1G refs, who then favor the opposing team when calls are made. We were lucky this year that we only lost 4 games with the patchwork offensive line, the loss of Taylor Martinez and a young defense - and the fact that Carl left (Papuchkis sucks as a DC). We'll play in a no-name December bowl (or if we're lucky the Outback bowl on Jan 1) and we should be better with more experience all around next season.
Guest030114 is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #9
CS123
Valued Poster

At some point in time the players have to take responsibility for interceptions, fumbles and poor tackling. If they are not in position to make the tackle that is one thing but when they are miss tackled that is another.

The playing field has leveled from 20 years ago. Everyone has a S&C program, nutrition program and the players stay the entire summer. High school coaches are better and there are a lot of quality players available. I think our S&C needs looked at and our choice of recruits need evaluated. Way too many busts on recruits. Do the 4 and 5 stars think they get handled with kid gloves and don't have to earn their playing time?

Obviously the coaches need to evaluate what their part is. They have to recruit guys that can work in their system regardless of the number of stars they have. You can bet they are changing the strength and conditioning already, even if it wasn't the cause of the injuries it has to be better.

Look at the top 25 from this weekend and see how many games were close with teams they "should have easily beaten". Either there are a lot of piss poor coaches or the gap between the bottom and top is closing.

In my opinion the media has created a pissing contest and is trying to stir up the shit enough to get coaches fired. With social media like it is rumors spread fast and fighting them is a hard and almost a loosing cause.

I think Pelini has the players doing better in school and personal growth. If we are just a farm team for pro football then all colleges should let the pro's run the teams.

I agree that UNL needs to have a serious talk about the sideline outburst. Did anyone else see Iowa's coach go off about the 2 personal fouls that canceled each other out? Far worse than what Pelini did. Why was there no flag? Where is the media on that? We had a small percentage of fans that are asses and a larger percentage of media that thinks they have a vote in everything. MsE hit the nail on the head in her assessment of what goes on. Perhaps she should write a guest column for the papers and throw a little reality into the conversation about firing coaches.
CS123 is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #10
HuskerDan
Registered Member

This season may all be forgotten in two years or so when the defense should be pretty stout led by Gregory (that's if he stays two years). Hopefully Turnover Tommy will develop or possibly Stanton. TO's era and the players today are incomparable. The in-state talent was never better and we had first rounders as opposed to NFL practice squad hopefuls. Think about the draft class of Peter, Winstrom and Ahman Green. We are years from having that much talent on one team again. We need some more law breakers who run a 4.3 40 on the weekends trying to outrun LE. Lastly I'm not buying the crap about T-magic being the best Husker QB to not win a title. Steve Taylor anyone?
HuskerDan is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #11
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

I will agree that MsE pretty much nailed it.

Bo is a good coach, is he going to be a really good head coach? That question is still up in the air. I do think he needs to replace a few of the assistant coaches. I also agree the media seems to do more piling on than reporting. Iowa's coach was worse than Bo, but not a peep out of the news media, as it wasn't in their template.

Bo has grown and improved as head coach, still has some more to go, but he has certainly improved the program a lot over Bill Byrne.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #12
12blue4u
Valued Poster

Graduation rates and GPA's have dropped under Bo.
Bo did not inherit a bunch of bad players, the most players sent to the NFL under Bo were Callahan recruits. Oh and his best defensive statistics where in those first 2 years.
What he inherited was football program that had alienated it from its former players and fans.
Does anyone on here really think that we should be the alpha testing grounds for an offensive coach?
There are plenty of coaches worth a lot more than salt who would love to come here given the facilities and foundation. These are type A personalities that relish in being able to prove they can win here.
I do not ever remember Tom getting blown out in any game. Oh yeah biggest margin of losses are under Bo.
Well I knew this would at least liven up the board it had been getting a little staid.
Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving and thought how lucky we really are living here.

BTW H23 you do not need to shout but then since you are a Bo fan I guess that fits.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #13
LNK
Valued Poster

I don't think that Bo should be fired, but his contract should definitely be modified to include some language and penalties regarding leadership as far as on-the-field behaviour.

His excuse that the officials were "chickenshit" saying he got too close is just what I expect from him. He said they knew they were wrong about the call (uncatchable), but it looks to me like he knew HE was wrong for swinging his hat at the official. He is ultimately the role model for behaviour for every young man on that team. His outbursts, regardless how many people think they can be justified, are absolutely out of line.

What the Iowa coach did was not even comparable.

I find his behaviour to be be less and less acceptable every time I think about it, and considering that I found it unacceptable in the first place, there wasn't much room to move down.

And I do think he can be a good coach, but he's not there yet, and never will be as long as he lets his emotions out on the field.

The first time he got an "unsportsmanlike" penalty called on him should have been the last. Sadly, I don't think we've seen the last.
LNK is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #14
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

CS,

If I'm correct, Kenny Bell did say something about its time for the players to own their mistakes, take responsibility for their actions. The coach isn't the one who fumbles or throws interceptions. Why Armstrong isn't playing is beyond me.

Can't get good recruits with the media constantly bad mouthing the coach and that all comes from his banning them. But, the media did that to themselves. What good players want to come to a school with the negativity that surrounds not only the coach, but the players too. The fans should support the coach and the players.

His temper? Yeah....he has his moments where he should have reined in the anger. But, there are other times where I love that about him because he's defending his boys, he's not going to sit back and let the refs screw his players over. Remember the Texas game? The refs screwed those players, but Bo went to bat for them.

The funny part about this, I'm not even a husker fan. LOL
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #15
LNK
Valued Poster

Armstrong isn't playing because he hurt his ankle.

There's nothing wrong with supporting your players, and arguing a call is fine, but knowing where the line is, is essential for a head coach. Swinging at an official, or cursing in their face is way over the line.

Bo is, in my opinion, goddamn lucky that the broken strap on his hat didn't hit the official in the face, or he'd have been off the field right then.
LNK is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women