Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70397
biomed160392
Yssup Rider59879
gman4452896
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47474
pyramider46370
bambino40296
CryptKicker37070
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35251
Mojojo33117

Old 08-15-2019, 08:35 PM   #46
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I thought he had "permission", but didn't want to sing the songs, because they put a sour taste in his mouth.. because he didn't own the CCR name. then finally decided those were HIS songs, fuck the rest of them.
Including his own brother...
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:40 PM   #47
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Default How fucked up is she?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EdLasOrG6c

"Somebody to Love" and "White Rabbit" were both recorded first by "The Great Society" with Grace Slick and her boyfriend's brother. IMO, the Jefferson Airplane version of both songs are better but the Arabic influence of the songs is even more hauntingly lovelorn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fd7s5d_nhQ
Old 08-15-2019, 08:44 PM   #48
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Default There's a Riot Goin' On

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQkdiJQIX5Y
Old 08-15-2019, 09:21 PM   #49
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchingmole View Post
Now
You need to get your wife to stop smoking...look what it has done to her!!
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:24 PM   #50
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
His fingers never left his hands....he was phenominal. Saw Ted Nugent back in 1973 in a small club in Tulsa..."Stranglehold" was so loud that the beer mugs were shaking off of the table. Not in the same league as Alvin or Jimi though.
I don't know what you heard in 73' but it wasn't Stranglehold

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strang...ed_Nugent_song)
Old 08-15-2019, 09:27 PM   #51
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Quote:
And now we have a President with Manson Family Values..

eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:38 PM   #52
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
I don't know what you heard in 73' but it wasn't Stranglehold

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strang...ed_Nugent_song)
It wasn't on an lp yet....many artists write songs that are released later...sometimes much later. Pink Floyd...Led Zep...Neil Young. He was holding out his good stuff for Epic records. Polydor...and later Discreet (Frank Zappa) Warners subsidiary... didn't have the promotion budget of Epic Records....a CBS Records subsidiary at the time.Late 73 early 74....those early Seventies all blended in together.
matchingmole is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:38 PM   #53
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson66 View Post
Joe Cocker had the best performance at Woodstock, just my two cents.

But the topic didn’t last long, one page before members of the trump party began flinging insults. Carry on children
I see you only see what you want to see as usual...FIRST INSULT OF THREAD!!

So did Santana, Sly And the Family Stone and Ten Years After. Not clicking the link though...as I'm apprehensive that a performance of Sha Na Na will play.

And his insults continued...

Old 08-15-2019, 09:43 PM   #54
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
FTFY
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:10 PM   #55
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
She grew up far out ... in the country!

Only one band that was booked was a no-show.

IRON BUTTERFLY!

They wanted to book The Doors and The Rolling Stones...but that didn't happen. You Can't Always Get What You Want.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:11 PM   #56
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
I see you only see what you want to see as usual...FIRST INSULT OF THREAD!!

So did Santana, Sly And the Family Stone and Ten Years After. Not clicking the link though...as I'm apprehensive that a performance of Sha Na Na will play.

And his insults continued...

I started it...sue me
Old 08-15-2019, 11:51 PM   #57
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

That's actually pretty funny Ranky.
eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:10 AM   #58
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
They wanted to book The Doors and The Rolling Stones...but that didn't happen. You Can't Always Get What You Want.
let's look into that .. several acts opted not to perform. the story varies a bit depending on the source.

The Beatles promoters contacted John Lennon to discuss a Beatles performance at Woodstock. Lennon said that the Beatles would not play unless there was also a spot at the festival for Yoko Ono’s Plastic Ono Band. He was turned down.

A more likely story came out when Artie Kornfeld met John Lennon. Lennon expressed that he wanted to play Woodstock, but was in Canada and having a hard time getting back in the country at the hands of Richard Nixon.

i'd say Lennon's legal troubles are the better reason. Not sure if the other Beatles would have agreed anyway. and Ono's band sucked and would have gotten booed off the stage.

Led Zeppelin was asked to perform, but manager Peter Grant decided that they would be just another band at the festival and launched a hugely successful summer tour. On the weekend of Woodstock, Zeppelin played the Asbury Park Convention Hall in New Jersey just south of the festival.

sounds like Grant. always looking at the big picture and the long game.

The Doors sat the Woodstock festival out with speculation pointing to Jim Morrison’s dislike of performing outdoors. Drummer John Densmore did appear at the festival, however. He can be seen on the side stage during Joe Cocker’s set.

So Jim didn't like fresh air and sunshine? well it rained so maybe he was right.

Bob Dylan was in the middle of negotiations for the upcoming festival but backed out when his son fell ill. He was also quite unimpressed with the increasing number of hippies accumulating outside of his house near the originally planned site of the festival. Dylan went on to perform at the Isle of Wright Festival two weeks later.

the only thing the overrated Dylan ever did was write folk bullshit that Jimi turned into great rock and roll.

Procol Harum were invited but declined because the festival was happening at the end of a long tour and the impending birth of band member Robin Trower’s child.

Robin Trower is overlooked as a musician.

The Moody Blues were included on the original Wallkill poster as performers, but decided to back out after being booked in Paris the same weekend.

Paris? Bah. bunch of commies!

Jethro Tull passed on the event after Ian Anderson was quoted as saying that he “didn’t want to spend [his] weekend in a field of unwashed hippies”. Another theory is the belief that the large festival may have killed their career before it began.

Mr "I wear codpieces for fun and kinks" doesn't like hippies. English Asshole.

Tommy James and the Shondells declined the invitation, Tommy James would later say “We could have just kicked ourselves. We were in Hawaii, and my secretary called and said, ‘Yeah, listen, there’s this pig farmer in upstate New York that wants you to play in his field.’ That’ s how it was put to me. So we passed.”.

Can't recall one thing they ever did. Not one.

Arthur Lee and Love declined the invitation, but Mojo Magazine later described inner turmoil within the band which caused their absence at the Woodstock festival.

never heard of 'em.

Spirit declined and instead launched a promotional tour.

tried to sue Zeppelin over the opening chords to "Stairway to Heaven". and lost.

Mind Garage declined because they thought the festival would be no huge deal and they had a higher paying gig elsewhere.

never heard of 'em.

The Jeff Beck Group were booked to perform at An Aquarian Exposition, but broke up a week before the festival.

Beck always was spotty as a performer. One night on fire, another drunk and terrible.

Joni Mitchell was recommended by her agent to appear on the Dick Cavett show rather than at the Woodstock festival. It is also believed that Mitchell was discouraged from performing at another festival after a particularly nasty crowd at the Atlantic City Pop Festival who actually made her cry.

Crybaby bitch. no talent either.

Iron Butterfly ended up stranded at the airport and were kindly told where to stick it when they demanded helicopters and other special arrangements to aid them in attending the concert.

another version says they wanted all this just to perform. and got told to shove it.

Lighthouse the Canadian band was booked to play, but backed out for fear that Woodstock would be a bad scene.

never heard of 'em.

http://www.woodstockstory.com/passin...mersbands.html
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:41 AM   #59
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

you never heard of Arthur Lee and Love? fuck, they are the best band on that list! note I said "Band".. the Beatles were a Group by that time, basically doing solo songs within a Group context.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:15 AM   #60
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Spirit and Led Zep played later at Lewisville...The Texas Woodtsock. Tommy James....Don't recall Crimson and Clover? Agree about Trower though...many people say a Hendrix wannabe...but he was original.

Sounds like you never listened to 60's radio....too busy listening to your dad's Henry Mancini record collection

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women