Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160169
Yssup Rider59818
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47402
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 11-05-2016, 01:37 AM   #1
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4781
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Question I would like your thoughts - filing a complaint with the medical board

I know I could google this but I would most likely just find a mix of opinions from strangers, versus asking here where I have found I am always pointed in the right direction.

So I'd like your thoughts please. I'd like to file a medical complaint with the medical board. I assume that's who I would contact? but I have no idea if it is even worth my time or hassle. Do they even investigate? Does anything even happen to the doctors? I really have no clue what-so-ever.

The long story: I'd like to file a complaint against a small (only 1 doctor) psychiatric clinic. Not only are they false advertising but I honestly believe they are toying with peoples mental health. It seems as if it is just a money pit and they are happy to write you a prescription, but every time, you must pay $250 per visit, before they will submit your prescription to the doctor.

They only offer 30 day supplies and if you run out and don't have $250 to see the psych doctor again, oh well, you are screwed. This is something I find to be very offensive. People need their meds and they are making a mockery out of those in dire need.

Plus, never in my life have I encountered a psych clinic that refuses refills, normally, it's 3 - 30 days supplies, and then you see the doctor again to ensure you are taking your meds correctly and doing good.

They also false advertise by stating they are a "walk-in clinic" (which is like a unicorn in mental health, walk-in clinics really don't exist) but now that I have been going there for over a year, I find it to just be a bullshit marketing tactic.

When I called Wednesday, she said the soonest the doctor could see me would be TUESDAY! 6 days! So much for a "walk-in clinic", I then asked if the doctor would call in a 7 day supply of my meds to the pharmacy since I was taking my last dose today and of course I was told "NO" (as they always tell me).

So I just wanted to get some thoughts from the outside looking in ... should I do something about how I feel I am being treated or should I just move along?

I look forward to receiving y'alls thoughts on this matter.

XOXO - B
Brooke Wilde is online now   Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 05:15 AM   #2
alaine
"Moved on"..

User ID: 78361
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

http://www.tmb.state.tx.us/page/place-a-complaint

1.) If you are paying cash....try to get Obama care. But I've seen this type of "up selling" before. It's a business and they can charge whatever they want. But if they are charging you more based on a specific med...that seems a little unethical to me. But you can file a complaint with Texas Medical Board. They will investigate.

2) If it it a NOT a narcotic such as Xanax or Adderrall...You MIGHT find a regular family med/Internal med physician to write you a script, since it isn't a new med for you, They will likely require lab test.
and regular urine test. The laws have tightened up based on the type of med. It may be in a category that requires urine drug test before the script is written. That may be part of the fee you are paying, They CAN'T by law give you a 3 month script of certain drugs. ALSO there are certain requirements for therapy/evaluations and that may be part of the fee you are paying.

3.) If isn't a narcotic such as Xanax or Adderral, You may be able to find it from a
Canadian/Mexican/Indian pharmacy much cheaper. They do have some anti-depressant meds

4.) If you ARE needing Xanax, Adderrall or the like....GOOD LUCK! Docs are very conservative about
writing for those meds, because of high abuse rates.

5.) DO NOT USE Craigs List...lots of post on there...My friend got scammed last week trying that. They have you Money Gram or Western Union the money...and well, the rest is history.
alaine is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 07:43 AM   #3
Fancylady
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 125175
Default How's business professionals?

Call attorney on filing complaint.Ask google and sex boards.Professionals about filing complaint.Apply Obamacare.Paying cash get a receipt
Fancylady is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 12:15 PM   #4
squashhead
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

They are charging just a little more than you charge for your services. So what's the problem? Did you have to pay for an advanced degree and board certification to do your job?

When I see somebody like you for my therapy, I have the same thoughts as you. Why are you charging so much?
squashhead is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 01:09 PM   #5
rocky50
Gaining Momentum

Okay...Go to google. Type in Texas Medical board. On the page will be an icon where you can file a complaint. When you file a formal complaint The board will obtain your medical records and do a first level review of them. If there is concern then a second level review will be done by a physician. If a problem is noted the record will be reviewed by another physician. If there is a problem then the physician in question will be required to respond to the board. Just so you know...if the physician did an appropriate evaluation and offered treatment and follow up that complies with the standard of care then he is in the clear. As far as prescription refills etc. it is typically a he said, she said situation. Responsible physicians will require follow up to monitor care. My advice to you is to forget the complaint. Establish a professional relationship (medical that is) with a provider. Establish and follow recommendations for therapy and follow up. A long term professional relationship is best for you.
rocky50 is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 06:02 PM   #6
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks for the replies so far ... my meds are Paxil and Wellburtin for OCD and anxiety, so they are pretty gentle meds. I'll have to reread this thread and respond more when I get home tonight.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:08 PM   #7
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Because my job is illegal. Anything that is illegal always comes with a premium.
I am risking my health and safety.

Finally, you do not "need" pussy. But people need access to their meds. I actually don't have a huge problem with the $250 but that should give me access to a 90 day supply of my meds, as it does at most every other clinic I've been to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashhead View Post
They are charging just a little more than you charge for your services. So what's the problem? Did you have to pay for an advanced degree and board certification to do your job?

When I see somebody like you for my therapy, I have the same thoughts as you. Why are you charging so much?
Old 11-05-2016, 06:09 PM   #8
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Thank you rocky, that was very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky50 View Post
Okay...Go to google. Type in Texas Medical board. On the page will be an icon where you can file a complaint. When you file a formal complaint The board will obtain your medical records and do a first level review of them. If there is concern then a second level review will be done by a physician. If a problem is noted the record will be reviewed by another physician. If there is a problem then the physician in question will be required to respond to the board. Just so you know...if the physician did an appropriate evaluation and offered treatment and follow up that complies with the standard of care then he is in the clear. As far as prescription refills etc. it is typically a he said, she said situation. Responsible physicians will require follow up to monitor care. My advice to you is to forget the complaint. Establish a professional relationship (medical that is) with a provider. Establish and follow recommendations for therapy and follow up. A long term professional relationship is best for you.
Old 11-05-2016, 07:27 PM   #9
nikkivikkisix
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 107654
My ECCIE Reviews
Default This man is as honest as they get,he knows what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky50 View Post
Follow,his advice Brooke.he's a good person.
nikkivikkisix is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:06 PM   #10
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

I agree with rocky50. Can you file a complaint? Sure. Will anything happen, such as discipline being imposed on the doctor? Not a bat's chance in hell because he was following a reasonable standard of care.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:46 PM   #11
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

That's what I was wondering. If my feelings/thoughts were valid or if I was being over emotional.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:23 AM   #12
frenchlouie1986
Lifetime Premium Access

I am not trying to make light of your situation, but the human species will survive in spite of OCD or anxiety disorder. But the human species will not survive if people stop reproducing, so the need for pussy is greater than the need for mental health medications. This is obvious because the human species is still growing and OCD and anxiety disorders are more prevalent today than anytime in history.

I understand OCD and anxiety disorders can be extremely debilitating and may require medications, but those disorders are often treated successfully without medications. I do not know your clinical profile, so I cannot make an assessment of your case. But CBT without medication is a completely appropriate and effective treatment strategy for both OCD and anxiety disorders either alone or together. But based on your posts it looks like you have seen several mental health professionals for these issues and while that is not necessarily a bad thing each professional is allowed the discretion to direct treatment in the way they feel best serves the patient. So, while one professional may give 90 day prescriptions another may not give any prescriptions and insist on therapeutic treatments alone and both methods would be within the reasonable standard of care for the disorders you mentioned. I think like what was mentioned earlier you would be better off establishing a relationship with a reputable mental healthcare provider and actually following their treatment protocol instead of switching providers when they decide to stop prescribing you meds. With the exception of a few limited disorders psychiatric medications are intended to only be used for a limited duration and then only when therapy is not achieving the desired results.
frenchlouie1986 is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:06 AM   #13
Red-Hat-Magic
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6

Brooke,

Now you talking about what I did up 2 two years ago.

You can file a complaint to the state board that they are licensed by. But they have to be in violation of the licensing act or law. From what you said I did not see a volition. 95% of psychiatric medications are prescribed by primary care or your family practice doctor. typically if you need more that two you will get referred to a psychiatrist.

Others gave you some good info. Depending on the medication and its potential for abuse or other health problems if not monitored. The situation you described is generally not typical, but I don't know your specific diagnoses, RX and what there goal for treatment is.

Years ago when my daughter was in another state going to school she had this problem all the time and would ask the Dr. to call me. Which for the most time with more information it made her life easier.

If you have a regular Dr. or Nurse Practitioner (NP or APRN, these tend to have lower fees) you see they might be able to manage this for you.

With overhead of running an office, licensure fees, continual education, regulations, and malpractice insurance, it's not very enjoyable these days.

Many guys complain who don't you lower your fees and want to negotiate you fees, all the see is what you get for an hour of their time and are jealous and bitter they can;t make that. The don't see the overhead you have. A nice place, hair, make up, clothes, maybe gym membership etc.

If I can provide you some information send me a PM and would be happy to talk with you as a friend.

Best of Luck
Red-Hat-Magic is offline   Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 08:18 PM   #14
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Most of the advice that you have received is good. They will investigate. But even if this doctor sets a more stringent standard of care than the industry does, that's not a violation of his duty. He can say "I want to seem my patients every 30 days if they have OCD and anxiety disorder and are taking Xanax and Wellbutrin." The Board has enough trouble limiting those who are careless, they really don't focus on those who are too careful.

My best suggestion for you would be to seek out a primary care physician. I think that they would be willing to prescribe Wellbutrin on a 90 or 120 day basis, especially if it's a reasonable dose and you've been taking it for a while. Xanax may be a closer call depending on 1) how much your take; and 2) whether it's taken PRN or prophetically.

Just my two cents.
TexTushHog is online now   Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 04:35 PM   #15
Monica13
Cock Whisperer

User ID: 178936
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

A good psychiatrist is very hard to find. You can spend years looking and maybe never find one.

A lot are just pill pushers they don't really care what's wrong with you.
Monica13 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women