Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70359
biomed160169
Yssup Rider59818
gman4452817
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47401
pyramider46370
bambino40244
CryptKicker37046
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 01-20-2017, 06:15 AM   #1
Waleli
Creative Sensualist

User ID: 314604
My Bio Page
Default Curiosity about Speeding Tickets

I got a speeding ticket recently and couldn't believe how much money they wanted. I asked how long I would have to be in jail if I couldn't afford to pay it. They said there is no jail time and I would have to do community service. I guess if you don't show up for community service, they suspend your drivers license. What if you drive anyway? Will they put you in jail for that? And for how long? What if nobody was harmed? Can they put you in jail for driving without a license if nobody got hurt? Isn't the use of speed traps as an alternative form of taxation just unconstitutional highway robbery?
Waleli is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #2
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4781
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Just don't go back to court, let it turn into a warrant, turn yourself in and you should be out in 24 hours or less.

I've done this so many times. At least 10 since 2004. My record is getting $3,500 worth of tickets wiped out at the city of Houston jail in less then 6 hours. I was booked around midnight and out before 6am.

If you do that just make sure to plea guilty the second you go before the judge (alot of times the judge is on TV) they'll find you guilty, assess your fine, give you time served and you'll be on the way out of the jail in no time.
Brooke Wilde is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:46 PM   #3
1980saguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waleli View Post
What if you drive anyway? Will they put you in jail for that? And for how long? What if nobody was harmed? Can they put you in jail for driving without a license if nobody got hurt?
Yes, it is a class B misdemeanor punishable from 0-180 days in the jail and a fine not to exceed $2,000.00 if it is your second or more offense. Or if your first offense you are driving without insurance. Otherwise it is another class C ticket punishable up to a $500 fine and no jail. Additionally, you'll have another driver's license suspension and a surcharge to get your license back.
1980saguy is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:03 PM   #4
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Maybe I'll answer the OP's 65,987 questions later if I have time, but I have to ask Brooke: How the hell can you afford car insurance with so many traffic-related convictions? Let me guess... You drive without insurance, right? Haha.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:18 PM   #5
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShysterJon View Post
Maybe I'll answer the OP's 65,987 questions later if I have time, but I have to ask Brooke: How the hell can you afford car insurance with so many traffic-related convictions? Let me guess... You drive without insurance, right? Haha.
Oh no, I have insurance. It's actually $580 a month in my name, but only $165 in my SO's name. Apparently the police nor Chase nor the DMV care that "I" am not insured, they just care that the "car" is insured.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:26 PM   #6
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I did not notice you were asking 2 very different questions when I read your post earlier ....

THIS .....

Quote:
I got a speeding ticket recently and couldn't believe how much money they wanted. I asked how long I would have to be in jail if I couldn't afford to pay it.
AND THIS ....

Quote:
What if you drive anyway? Will they put you in jail for that? And for how long? What if nobody was harmed? Can they put you in jail for driving without a license if nobody got hurt?
Are 2 very different things ...

I am driving with a suspend TDL and have been forever (since 2004) but since it's not accident related or DWI related the cops never give me a hard time. So my advise is, if you wreck with no TDL - STOP - do not flee. It will make your problems much worse.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:09 PM   #7
Buying a *Way to Heaven
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

This sort of thing varies immensely depending on the jurisdiction, the particular thugs and slugs you encounter, what you look like, how you act, your reputation, whether they think you have assets to take, etc. Don't count on getting away with X just because Y did. The only constant: if you piss off the Piggs, you better leave town. The law won't matter and neither will the fact that Y beat a murder rap by blowing the judge.
Buying a *Way to Heaven is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:06 PM   #8
DocHolyday
Valued Poster

Encounters: 68

Look Waleli, since you work for cash, you can fill out an affidavit of indigence and file it with the court claiming you can't afford to pay the ticket because you're indigent and have no income. The court will find you indigent and wave the fines and fees for indigence under 45.0491. Then you can claim you don't work because you take care of a infant child and that doing community service under 45.049, would impose an undue hardship on you performing child care duties and get out of doing community service at the same time.

As another alternative you can always hire SJ to get you off. He did say he will represent anybody, anywhere, at any time.

To answer the second part of your question, DWLI first offense is a class C misd.. You will be ticketed and sent on your way. The second offense is a class B misd.. Then you may very likely be arrested and your vehicle impounded if you don't have a passenger with a valid DL. Also you will pick up surcharges that will have to be paid in order to reinstate your DL + pay the reinstatement fee.

Enough of this. I have dragons to slay. No more time for fire ants today.
DocHolyday is offline   Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:12 PM   #9
redbeard42
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Why not just go to traffic school for a couple nights? It's cheaper usually than the fine, and it keeps it off your record so your insurance won't go up.
redbeard42 is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:38 AM   #10
atf searcher
The Ass Fuck Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard42 View Post
Why not just go to traffic school for a couple nights? It's cheaper usually than the fine, and it keeps it off your record so your insurance won't go up.
That's great if you're eligible for it but Deferred Adjudication may or may not be available to you depending on how many tickets you've had within a certain amount of time. At least that's what a friend told me.
atf searcher is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women