Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47436
pyramider46370
bambino40286
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 05-13-2022, 06:24 AM   #46
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Not hitting the panic button just yet

But I am now keeping an eye on where it is as I had something just occur that has not happened in 3+ years. A contractor reached out to me the other day looking for work and said they could offer a "nice" price. I'm still reeling from the shock. Like I said: Not hitting panic button just yet. But uhhmm...
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 06:45 AM   #47
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Two more data points to add

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
But I am now keeping an eye on where it is as I had something just occur that has not happened in 3+ years. A contractor reached out to me the other day looking for work and said they could offer a "nice" price. I'm still reeling from the shock. Like I said: Not hitting panic button just yet. But uhhmm...
I get weekly updates on housing inventory and sales in my market area. Inventory (listed) has been increasing, while solds have been holding steady but down a little.

Also, had another contractor (painter) reach out, out of the blue, looking for work. Mind you, previously, they were all booked out for several weeks. Painter still is booked for a few weeks, but is not seeing booking beyond their current backlog either

No conclusions, just data points.
Old 06-04-2022, 08:08 PM   #48
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
I get weekly updates on housing inventory and sales in my market area. Inventory (listed) has been increasing, while solds have been holding steady but down a little.

Also, had another contractor (painter) reach out, out of the blue, looking for work. Mind you, previously, they were all booked out for several weeks. Painter still is booked for a few weeks, but is not seeing booking beyond their current backlog either

No conclusions, just data points.
Yes, houses in prime Cedar Park locations are taking a little bit longer to sell but they are still selling. Have no idea whether or not asking prices have cme down. It is still a hot market bukt not as hot. I am having a house built in Sun City and it will take at least 14 months or so before completion. Sales have slowed there but their backlog of purchased but unbuilt homes is huge.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 08:21 AM   #49
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Slow, but still moving.

I'm seeing some smaller houses, i.e. lower end 1,300 sq ft, in Round Rock staying on market for a few weeks and cutting prices. A couple have gone below $400K even, which I mentioned before was about the bottom end up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Yes, houses in prime Cedar Park locations are taking a little bit longer to sell but they are still selling. Have no idea whether or not asking prices have cme down. It is still a hot market bukt not as hot. I am having a house built in Sun City and it will take at least 14 months or so before completion. Sales have slowed there but their backlog of purchased but unbuilt homes is huge.
Old 06-15-2022, 08:35 AM   #50
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default I just knew there had to be a sick knock, knock joke in there somehow.

The dynamic at play right now is challenging. On the one hand, lower end buyers are in fact, getting squeezed out by rising interest rates - which tends to chill prices a bit. They have increased a fair bit this past week or so. On the other hand, the small investors, all-cash buyers, tend to convert moneies invested elsewhere in to real estate. If you've been watching the markets lately, well... nevermind - it's probably not a good idea to these days

In summary:

Old 06-18-2022, 10:24 PM   #51
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
I'm seeing some smaller houses, i.e. lower end 1,300 sq ft, in Round Rock staying on market for a few weeks and cutting prices. A couple have gone below $400K even, which I mentioned before was about the bottom end up there.
I really regret not developing an idea I had years ago about utilizing the plethora of cargo containers to be living spaces. Have to admit I didn't see the idea of making a community of them.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 10:25 PM   #52
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

LOL!
Old 03-06-2023, 06:21 AM   #53
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default What a pretty Canary. Wonder what it's doing in that coal mine anyway.

Seems there are many cities in Texas and elsewhere that appreciate the City of Austin freeing up qualified officers to help fill vacancies in their towns.
Quote:
Cops quit woke Austin, TX, in droves, plunging city in crisis: ‘If you’re conservative it’s a hostile place’

Texas’ woke capital, Austin, is in the midst of a policing crisis with over 300 vacancies and cops quitting because they feel disrespected, multiple sources tell The Post.

“We’re right there with Portland and Seattle and San Francisco as being one of those places where if you’re at all conservative or in law enforcement, it’s become a hostile place,” Lt. Brian Moon, who retired last month, told The Post of the city he protected for 23 years.

Another 77 officers are expected to retire before the end of March — on top of 264 existing vacancies, according to the Austin Police Association...
Thanks Austin, you really are becoming more like San Fran Nana's stink-hole city.
Old 03-06-2023, 07:27 AM   #54
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

On top of the shortage. austin wont approve the 4 year contract with APD.

austin treats the homeless like gods and shits on our officers
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 08:43 AM   #55
oldphone14
Premium Access

Well, from the hobby perspective they arent going after it...
oldphone14 is offline   Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 06:28 AM   #56
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Good wicket

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldphone14 View Post
Well, from the hobby perspective they arent going after it...
Good point. Let the good times roll....
Old 03-28-2023, 11:45 AM   #57
the mountain man
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Precious, so you think cutting police budget, police force, supporting criminals, shortening jail time and lowering bonds... reduces crime? really? Another lost liberal folks...
the mountain man is offline   Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 10:06 PM   #58
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mountain man View Post
Precious, so you think cutting police budget, police force, supporting criminals, shortening jail time and lowering bonds... reduces crime? really? Another lost liberal folks...
Can you quote/link my post, please.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women