Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 01-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #976
TheDon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

I think the Packers should go after Mario Williams. I think we need to obviously pay Foster. And then our center Chris Myers.

I think if we can't draft either Alshon Jeffery or Micheal Floyd, we should sign a WR in free agency. I think Jacoby should leave, not because I'm upset with him, but because people will just associate him with that fumble.It would be better for his sake, Leinart will want a release, so we'll also need a third stringer.

Should we keep Owen Daniels? I think we should. Even if he's not like Gronkowski or Graham.
TheDon is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #977
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
+1 LL and I may not agree on politics but that was an excellent post! Hmmmm, havn't I been saying this all along?
Cuz I learnt my football in your new hometown.

"You dance with tha one that brung you."
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #978
Rubchasertx
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don91 View Post
I think the Packers should go after Mario Williams. I think we need to obviously pay Foster. And then our center Chris Myers.

I think if we can't draft either Alshon Jeffery or Micheal Floyd, we should sign a WR in free agency. I think Jacoby should leave, not because I'm upset with him, but because people will just associate him with that fumble.It would be better for his sake, Leinart will want a release, so we'll also need a third stringer.

Should we keep Owen Daniels? I think we should. Even if he's not like Gronkowski or Graham.
As far as counting on the draft to address the WR problem, I see that as a dangerous proposition. Some guys make a quick transition to the pros (like Julio) and some don't. My argument for using free agency to fill holes is that you have a more reliable body of work to base a signing on than you do with rookies (none). I think there are a couple of guys out there that would make the Texans an even more potent offense than they were this year. Couple that with a few mid to late round pics with some upside (like TJ) and I think you have a contender in the works.

I agree with you on OD. I think we need to keep him though I wouldn't break the bank for him. Between him, Dreesen and Casey, I feel pretty solid about the TE position though he is definitely the class of that bunch.
Rubchasertx is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #979
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

I would like to see us get Deshaun Jackson to replace Jacoby, and or Vincent Jackson as a WR. They are potential Knuckleheads but most WR's are. I agree that they are more proven and have already done it in the NFL unlike most rookie WR's that take too much time to develop.

We need playmakers.

And we still need a corner.
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #980
Rubchasertx
Premium Access

VJax has a lot of potential plus he's a big body. Having 2 big physical receivers would give opponents nightmares. Deshaun Jackson seems like more trouble than he's worth. If he's as big of an asshole as the reporters made him out to be, then no way we need that crap in the locker room. This team survived all of the adversity that they did this year because they stuck together and had good leadership.

I think Colston might be a good fit too. He is well rounded and can be a match-up problem. Manningham is a tough player that has a lot of upside. Wallace strikes fear in the heart of the opposition but I have to think PIT will match any offer he gets since this should be Hines' last year.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #981
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Yes, I assumed the same on Wallace although the Steelers are tough to deal with when money gets involved. He would be the best of the bunch.

Desean Jackson does seem to be a knucklehead but he is a gamechanger if he can stay healthy. He has had concussion problems as well.

I like your assessment Rub, V Jax would be good also.

Sad to say but even LeStar Jean would have helped this year.
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #982
BigLouie
Valued Poster

I would do a sign and trade with Washington giving them Williams and trade #1 picks to get the WR from Oklahoma State.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #983
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
I would do a sign and trade with Washington giving them Williams and trade #1 picks to get the WR from Oklahoma State.
If Blackmon happens to be available when the Skins pick at #6, I would say go for it. I am not sure he will be available at that point! I also like Kendall Wright from Baylor and he possibly will be there when we pick in the mid 20's.

The thought of Mario sacking Romo 4 or 5 times every year gives me goosebumps!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #984
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
They are potential Knuckleheads
Knuckleheads? Birds of a feather, flock together!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #985
TheDon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubchasertx View Post
As far as counting on the draft to address the WR problem, I see that as a dangerous proposition. Some guys make a quick transition to the pros (like Julio) and some don't. My argument for using free agency to fill holes is that you have a more reliable body of work to base a signing on than you do with rookies (none). I think there are a couple of guys out there that would make the Texans an even more potent offense than they were this year. Couple that with a few mid to late round pics with some upside (like TJ) and I think you have a contender in the works.

I agree with you on OD. I think we need to keep him though I wouldn't break the bank for him. Between him, Dreesen and Casey, I feel pretty solid about the TE position though he is definitely the class of that bunch.
I see what you're saying, but with the guys we need to resign/pay, I don't know if we can shell out money for a top tier WR. And some WRs out of college are not always great, you occasionally get a Micheal Crabtrees and whatnot, but for the most part, guys who are projected studs, are usually great. Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Julio Jones quickly come to mind. I think Floyd, Jeffery, and Blackmon are going to be on that list.

I don't know about Kendall Wright. He's got great speed, but that's all we know at the moment. And Jacoby Jones was a guy we signed strictly off his speed... so not sure about that.

But if we can get a mediocre receiver from the draft, and sign an average receiver like Robert Meachem or Manningham. With Dre, Foster, and Daniels, I think we should be fine offensively.

Quote:
I'd LOVE this idea, not sure Washington would take it though.
TheDon is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #986
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

I love the talk fellers please keep it coming..

So Free Agency begins right after the Super Bowl am I right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubchasertx View Post

Here are some free agents @ WR and CB for discussion:

Wide Receivers

Reggie Wayne (IND)
Wes Welker (NE)
Vincent Jackson (SD)
DeSean Jackson (PHI)
Marques Colston (NO)
Dwayne Bowe (KC)
Steve Johnson (BUF)
Brandon Lloyd (STL)
Robert Meachem (NO)
Mario Manningham (NYG)
Mike Wallace (PIT) - Restricted

Corner Backs

Brent Grimes (ATL)
Carlos Rogers (SF)
Cortland Finnegan (TEN)
Brandon Carr (KC)
Tracy Porter (NO)
Terrell Thomas (NYG)
Marcus Trufant (SEA)
Ronde Barber (TB)
OMG Rubchaser! what a beautiful list you put together here..
Kubes, hit me up! Fellers on ECCIE are making valuable points and we want either a SB or your ass on a sling next year....
We need to talk about this..

No matter who we pick @ WR, I will honestly have my doubts because what I really want is a clone of this guy

As far as the 2012 Draft is concerned, Justin Blackmon (OSU), Alshon Jeffery (SCar), and Michael Floyd (ND) all look pretty good to me..

However, would anyone else like to entertain the idea of drafting Dwight Jones (UNC)?... He had a HUGE breakout year back in 2010, and guess who was throwing him the ball?.... 6'4 220 and can learn our offense on the fly as they run a similar scheme... The others might not be available unless we can figure out a way to trade up However, he might be there when our # is called. Damn.. When is the combine? Draft?...

here is a nice list of possible draft pics..

come on SB,,, BE OVER! I want my Texans back! hehehe
One-Eyed Willy is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #987
Satin
Valued Poster

Well let's not forget the guy that killed us...Ladarius Webb..great young player...bye bye Jackson....

But Cat-Man, if we really wanted to heat up practices and make it interesting, sign Finnegan....lol

But the free agent I would LOVE to get the most would be Drew Breese....That would solve all our QB issues.....(yeah, I know it will never happen but it doesn't hurt to dream right)?

I think the Giants beat the Niners and the Brady's kill the Ravens....
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:26 AM   #988
One-Eyed Willy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Remember The Playoff Machine??,,, Well here is a nice website for U fellers to see who is up for grabs this off season

Note:
UFA's (Unrestricted Free Agents) are the ones to hone in on.. as they will have no contractual obligation to their current team whatsoever...
RFA's (Restricted Free Agents) are confined to their current team but have no contract defined for next season. However, from what I understand they could negotiate a "release" if both parties agree to do so.
Satin,, Breezy is a UFA, its not so far off.. Question is does he want to be back in NO next year and will they be able to afford him?? He is worth a lot more than what they are paying him... I'm with you on that... Come on Breezy hit I-10 and come on down, ..
As far as other notable QB options,,, Leinart will be a UFA next year so Texans will need a 3rd QB if they don't resign him...

I once REALLY wanted V. Young to Texans,,, he's a UFA too. What a irony that would be M Williams out V.Young in, and Texans win the SB... I like him as a starter or @ #2... V.Young vs Schaubler? hmmm.... Lots of Texans fans would be pleased if he came here...
BT U get to see him in Austin? yeah,I know Schaubs sister won't allow you to speak on the matter.... hehehe

Packers' Matt Flynn is a sleeper though. I think he will definitely start somewhere next year after throwing for nearly 500yds on Detroit..

WR??... shhh don't tell the Brady Bunch but Welker is on the list!!! they need major improvements on Defense and his price will be REALLY high.. :claping:

So the verdict is out!...

Kubes here is your shopping list..
1. SIGN FOSTER!!
2. SIGN CHRIS MYERS

3. Flynn or BREEZY @ QB,
4. Wes Welker & DeSean Jackson @ WR, + TJ's buddy from UNC to study behind Dre and line up at Wideout opposite Dre after his approval...
5. DeSean Jackson to Return Punts
6. Release D Ward and sign R. Bush as our #3 RB
7. Finnerfag @ CB (but please dress him in a Titans uniform and host weekly bouts w/ him and Dre @ Toyotacenter during the off-season)

And release Mario & Rackers (one of the NFL's highest paid kickers) with this line up and our D we won't need a kicker, just score TD's and go for 2.. fuck it!
If you MUST have Mario back contrary to popular belief,, Ask MATHIS what his price is 1st!!

Satin... seriously I actually would love to have finnerfag @ CB instead of Reem... Hell, I might even get me a Finnerfag Texans jersey and have Dre sign it...
One-Eyed Willy is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:17 AM   #989
Rubchasertx
Premium Access

Good link to the FA Machine. Fun to think about the scenarios.

Looking at the Texans FA's, we have to sign Foster and Myers. In the lower tiers, I think we can get Adibi, Allen, Barber, Demps and Dreesen re-signed for good value for what they provide as back-ups / special teamers.

As far as a QB wish list, I don't see any way we pick up Brees. No matter how much he is offeres, the Aints can always franchise him. Flynn is a possibility but I think that some team with a more questionable QB situation - like Cleveland, Denver, Miami, Minnesota or Washington - would be more willing to throw him a big contract than the Texans. Personally I like the idea of bringing in a grey-beard to help the rook along for the future rather than looking for someone to replace Dopey right now.

I stand behind my statement before of not liking DeSean Jackson in a Texans uniform. He has crazy speed and alligator arms. Kinda like a certain Lane College draftee that we already have. The down side is that he is indeed a knucklehead as was mentined before. The Texans got as far as they did this year by playing as a team. Jackson is not a team player. No way Kubes signs of on the team picking him up IMO.

The obvious choices @ WR may be out of reach for us financially so while VJax might be a good add, I am looking at some of the "lower" level FA's @ WR. Amendola out of the slot has potential in our offense. Ted Ginn Jr. is crazy fast and has never had the benefit of having a good receiver on the other side of the field. If we go the route of taking a young WR in the draft, Reggie Wayne would be a good pick up. He can still play and he's a crafty veteran that would help bring a kid along.

@CB I have to admit that I don't know enough about the FA's that are available to make a good case for any of them though I would again target some vetran leadership. From the list I would have to say Brandon Flowers is the best under the radar corner on the list. He was a huge part of their win over the Pack.

I doubt they re-sign Rackers even though he had an ok year. There are enough FA kickers that I am trusting Rick to find one for less than the $2.2/yr he gave Neil.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #990
69Mustang
Gaining Momentum

Guys do you really think that Kubes is gonna be fired or that Schaub is gonna be replaced? Really? Did you just arrive in H-town? Right now, McNair is lighting candles to Kubiak. No way he fires Kubiak before the end of next season and even then, the Texans would have to go 6-10. Franchise QBs are a rarity and I think Brees and Sean Peyton have something going on on the side.

It's also not the Texans style to move up in the draft or make a big splash in free agency. They'll stick to signing their own free agents. Look for Mario to get franchised, Meyer to get resigned and Arian to get paid in the offseason. What they should do is go after Brent Grimes or Carlos Rogers in free agency and draft Kendall Wright in the first round.

We'll see...
69Mustang is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women