Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40247
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 03-30-2011, 05:02 AM   #16
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

I might eventually get me an Android pad device but prefer my Linux laptop.
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:05 AM   #17
ferdburf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

I just got an iPad a couple of weeks ago and think it's great. If you're missing "chat" (texting), try textPlus, which randomly assigns to you a "phone number" that receives internet-based texts on your iPad. For a fee you can "buy" a phone number with the area code of your choice, if it's available.
ferdburf is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:44 AM   #18
Eccie Addict
Former Post Ho

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Hunter View Post
I sold my ipad and got the Mac Book Air 11 inch, it is slightly heavier than the ipad but way better IMO. I have itunes on a 500gig EHD and also keep private info there so if anyone picks up my Mac it is clean.

SP the air has to has to have external everything doesn't it? Such as cd drives and what not. Is the Air pretty much apple's version of a netbook?
Eccie Addict is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #19
rgvlife999
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

The I pad is for the most part a larger version of the I phone without the phone and text. It. Doesn't completely replace a laptop. I use my I pad to check email, surf the net and catch up on news. For those things, you can't beat it. I may be biased because Im an apple groupie... But IMO, the biggest difference between the iPad and any android device (tablet or phone) is how easy it synchs with I tunes and the number of apps in the app store
rgvlife999 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:53 AM   #20
wynterstark
Account Disabled

User ID: 1429
My ECCIE Reviews

Wow, what a lot of information I've gotten out of this thread. It seems like the general consensus is; go for the Apple iPad now but keep an eye on the Android technology because it's the new up and comer. I upgrade all my toys fairly regularly but it looks like it will be a year or two before Android has something that can truly compare with Apple's product. That's pretty right on schedule because in about a year it's inevitable; I'll start seeing features on tablets that I absolutely can't live without. So, not only will I be wanting an upgrade but Android will have hopefully gotten up to speed. I've been a lover of the Android phones since the first Google phone came out and I haven't looked back since. The interface isn't as smooth and hip as what Apple produces but Android makes up for that in the sheer volume of free apps.

What's the story on jailbreaking iPads? Do any of you techies out there know if it causes any issues? I jailbroke my iPhone and it just wasn't really worth the effort... Same thing with iPad?
wynterstark is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #21
Guest022315
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynterstark View Post
What's the story on jailbreaking iPads? Do any of you techies out there know if it causes any issues? I jailbroke my iPhone and it just wasn't really worth the effort... Same thing with iPad?
I would not jail break the Ipad. To many issues involved. I say get the Ipad2. The competion is years away from being on that level.
Guest022315 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #22
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

here is something for the Ipad and hopefully the come out with one for the Android tablets

Main thing is that go with technology you are comfortable with and makes things easier. My Android phone interfaces with all my Google stuff, I use Ubuntu linux on my PC's because its stable, secure and FREE
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #23
coast_encounter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 inch model. I hear there are 2 new versions coming out with some more features. Mine has the front and rear cameras. I have used an i-Pad too and they are very similar as far as functions. I like the 7 Inch model because it fits in my pocket. The US versions all have the phone part suppressed but the European Models do have phone access. I can text from mine and also it has the ability to become a hotspot and provide wi-fi to up to 6 devices I think. The Android market now has 30,000 apps.
http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/03/...ng-30000-apps/

Apple has over 350,000 per google.

I opted for the Android myself and am very pleased with it. Flash support is very important to me.
Good Luck,

if you get an i-PAD. Wait for the i-PAD2. Has more features. It has front and rear facing camera, etc.
coast_encounter is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:34 PM   #24
Camille
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 511
My ECCIE Reviews

Ipad2 is great..I love it! I managed to bag myself one last week in NYC and I'm glad I did. When I travel it is so much easier and more convenient. I do have a pc though as well and would not give it up as I watch a lot of TV shows that I can only get online..and I also need java access. I can do without either of those when I travel though so it suits my needs just fine. The handwriting recognition on write pad is my toy at the minute..love it!

Camille
Camille is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #25
Mobius
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

I have an Archos 101 android tablet and loved it it was cheap both in cost and materials but was well worth the money. I preordered the wifi Xoom and it will be delivered tomorrow cant wait to get my hands on the honeycomb OS.
Mobius is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:12 PM   #26
SneakyCancer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

either way you cannot go wrong. both have similar specs and now that there are plenty of tabs out there....price should get more competitive. but i like the andriod os better than apple. apple is great if you jailbreak them.

resolution is superb on most devices until you step outside in sunlight. this is where the true difference can be seen. but lets face it, not many are outside for majority of their usage.
SneakyCancer is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #27
elpocitopolloloco
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Here's a thought to consider Wynter, the component technology is not there yet. Everyone that like what you can do on iPad generally has low expectations of the category's potential and accepts what Apple doles out. Point in case: the display on the iPhone and iPod Touch are superior to the display on the iPad in terms of resolution and brightness. The IPad 2 is not 4G ready nor 4G capable. There is no upgrade path either. Apple is already working on iOS 5 which will undoubtedly run on iPad 2...but it will run better on iPad 3. Finally, if you like being on Apple's aluminum recycling schedule, then you should buy an iPad knowing full well that Apple is not going to sell you anything that they can't get you to buy another one in 10-18 months before your original purchase is simply obsolete. Apple is notorious for leaving their consumers in a lurch with obsolete technology and every successive generation splinters their audience even further. You can review any of what I said on YouTube's archives of the last ten years of WWDC conferences where Steve Jobs himself has done the keynote. Beyond that, the iPad 2 is beautiful, has many mainstream apps, and popularity. I would wait at least until WWDC 2011 to see what they announce next before I spent a dime.

Android's Honeycomb hideout is very slick and has better hardware than Apple's first and second generation iPad. However, no one...is lining up to get an Android tablet. I mean no one. First and foremost their hidden in the stores, so only if you know to ask for them will you even find them. They are overshadowed by Apple's iPad. Plus the design is not as good as iPad or iPad 2. The bottomline here is that a revamp OS for tablets and superior hardware don't make a winner. You'll find throughout history, the best device doesn't always win marketshare or consumer attention (e.g. diesel is more economical than unleaded...but how many people drive diesel cars in the US? Beta vs. VHS, Laser Disc vs CD, CD vs Vinyl CD vs MP3, the list goes on.)

HP has a new tablet that works great with their new Palm phone...but zero marketshare because the tablet hasn't shipped.

The Blackberry playbook will be a joke...for all but the most diehard crackberry addicts

Microsoft Windows is coming down market to new devices over the course of the year. Apple and Microsoft are on a collision course. Apple is making the next version of the MacOS X like the iPad and they will need to make the iPad more like the Mac over time. Microsoft has to find OEM partners to make great hardware to compete with Apple...which is always an issue...but it makes for a more competitive price.

NVIDIA has a new quad-core chip coming out in August that will change everything in tablets. Finally you will have a display that is great for reading, HD video, and 3D without glasses. Several other chipmakers are on the same path.

If you can't wait till September/October timeframe, you will have a better view of the market and the direction that it is most likely to go.

In the end, there will be three major platforms:
Apple
Google
Microsoft

These are the only companies that have the cash to play in the market...so those are your choices.

My bets are on Google and Microsoft because they have other ecosystem benefits that overshadow Apple's capabilities.

There I've said too much...for a nerd topic. We can talk more with you over me.
elpocitopolloloco is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #28
Daracus
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2
Default Ipad

I would suggest the the IPad hands down. Very reliable, rugged, graphics are good. Also it's a Apple! I own a Mac, a Mac pro and a IPad. Sure they are pricey, you get what you pay for. Happy trails in finding what suits you.
Daracus is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women