Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70376
biomed160259
Yssup Rider59832
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47417
pyramider46370
bambino40272
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35127
Mojojo33117

Old 03-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

User ID: 1650
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Importing bookmarks/Windows 7 Themes/New Sound Wav Files

Okay a new problem:

I have a new laptop. This is not the problem.

I installed Opera 11 (whatever their latest one is) on this new laptop as WELL as my old one. I saved my bookmarks from the old one and want to IMPORT them into the new one.

Old computer had XP. New one has W7. I don't know if that makes a difference but while I'm in OPERA (on the new laptop) and I click MANAGE BOOKMARKS, I find the IMPORT OPERA bookmarks section and I click it. It takes me to the dialogue box to find the file on my computer. I've saved it on my desktop. I can SEE it on the desktop (the file that is). Yet the dialogue box only asks to see files with the ending of: *.adr and won't give me the option to look for ALL FILES. Thus, it's NOT showing up in the dialogue (search my desktop) box.

I'm assuming since I EXPORTED minutes earlier from the same version of Opera and want to IMPORT to the same version (diff. computer.), it would have SAVED the file as an: .adr file.

Maybe it's not recognizing it on the new computer because it was saved as an HTML file. BUT...how come the import dialogue box won't let me import any other type of file other than: .adr?

Can I just drop and drag it or copy and paste it somehow into the OPERA program file?

I'll try to go back to the old laptop and resave them (export again) and make SURE it's an .adr file....but I'm pretty sure it was to begin with.

I've also wanted to import my FIREFOX bookmarks into the opera...so I click IMPORT those and those were saved as HTML and apparently the dialogue box knows this and actually FINDS the FIREFOX bookmarks. But when I hit IMPORT and it imports...it just imported a FOLDER. When I doubleclick the FIREFOX BOOKMARKS folder, nothing is in it.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
tia travels is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Wait, don't answer the opera question yet....I think I know what I might have done wrong, but if you can figure out why it wouldn't import the FIREFOX ones into my OPERA browser (like OPERA asks to have done), and why it only imported a FOLDER instead, that would be most helpful.

Also, a WINDOW 7 question. I'm frustrated with this so far. Just got the computer and first thing I did was try to download new THEMES. I must have spent 15 minutes looking at them and downloading at least 7. I was absolutely sure, I was DOWNLOADING them to my DESKTOP so I could find them easily.

I look but they are not there. I go back to try and download a new one to doublecheck where it was sending them and it said desktop but nothing again was there. I looked at my recent downloads and it showed nothing as being downloaded. WTF???

I think I DO know how to download crap to my desktop.

Does anyone know where on the web I can download some cool new sound wavs? I don't like the sounds for my computer. They are blah.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Woo hoooooooo! Success on the OPERA bookmarks. Apparently I saved them as HTML file the first time. I went back and did them correctly as .adr file and 1131 were saved as well as all the ones put on my personal bar which REALLY is a help. That alone will save me like 40 minutes of work.

Okay....so I would just like help with the other problems above. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #4
justabloke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

I don't know how you are getting your W7 themes. What I do is to right click on the desktop then click "Personalize". I select "Get more themes online" then download them. In that same row where the "get more themes" link is, there is also one to 'save themes'. My guess is that you didn't click that after downloading your new themes. All of your themes should be accessible from this window.
justabloke is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women