Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40276
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 08-09-2015, 03:10 AM   #31
CS25
Account Disabled

Encounters: 27

No experience nor thoughts have been given to the subject by me on the question or situation posited by OP prior to reading this thread but as I went through the comments it seems key that the law assumes everyone's intentions are puritan with respect to a person flying a drone in airspace wherever it flies. I would think the same puritan intention would be assigned to someone that flies another object at the same time...meaning the person whose privacy is being invaded. Some ideas...

Instead of using another drone at $300 minimum to take out the snooping drone, would an RF controlled helicopters be able to reach the same height as a drone? If so, why not "accidentally" bump into his drone's propeller blades? Or similarly, why not go out and fly a kite and accidentally get tangled up with the drone if the wind cooperates?
CS25 is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:15 PM   #32
normalguy21
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

If your a registered democrat you could shoot it down and blame it on a Republican .
normalguy21 is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:21 AM   #33
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Im waiting for someone to file trespassing or peeping tom criminal charges against drone operators.
It's only a matter of when, not if, and I'm confident that will happen.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:31 PM   #34
trekker
Premium Access

Encounters: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbinks View Post
For Reference:
http://www.sbphotos.biz/Portfolio/Cl...727-Edit-M.jpg

I'm not a lawyer and I have no idea how accurate that article is but drones are considered aircraft and it is illegal to shot at an aircraft (non-updated laws probably). You own the airspace above your property up to 500 feet (some say 300 or 400 so not sure).

I have a thought (this is not advice and just me thinking with my fingers), it is still illegal but might be harder to prove. Get or make a short range radio jammer. The next time it gets close to your house, jam the signal then when it hits the ground.........
Deliberately interfering with a radio signal is illegal, but jammers are easy to get and unless the drone is being operated by someone working on a very important project with a lot of very expensive equipment, nobody will ever know what happened if you keep your mouth shut.
trekker is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:36 PM   #35
trekker
Premium Access

Encounters: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by atf searcher View Post
Get your own small inexpensive drone a ram it into the invading drone.
Opps!! I was just flying my own drone above my own property and this other drone got in the way.
It was simply an accident. There is now way in the world anyone could prove "intent to damage".

No legal liability at all. If there was any liability it would be against him, it was over your property.
LE would go crazy over a gun shot but they couldn't care less about two drones hitting each other.

If he wants to do it again, fine repeat the same thing. He's loosing more money on his high tech drone than you are on your inexpensive Kamikaze drone.
I like this way.
trekker is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:21 PM   #36
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Don't let anyone see you do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ38 View Post
Meh fuck that, .22 is a faggot round....
Have you ever heard of 22 bird shot? It is very quiet, but it has a short range.

Next thought.

Can you identify the make and model. If you can, you can determine if this thing can transmit the pictures. Most toy models can not transmit picture; they store the pictures in the camera. Thus, no pictures of you shooting it. Story done. It vanishes, probably lost power or something.

The more expensive model, and custom models can transmit back to the operator. If you know the model, you can probably figure out the radio signal that control the thing, or at least the range of signals. Then the jamming idea is possible. Keep in mind that you are suppose to be licensed to do radio transmission, even for CB radios. Linear signal accelerators are definitely illegal (a sick bird) so keep any jamming device hidden.

I like the ides of shooting the thing down, if it can't take a picture of you doing it.

It sounds like some idiot just trying to have fun by harassing his neighbors. Just a guess, but if he bought this at the toy store, and hasn't got a lot of money in it, you may be safe.

What can you get away with if no body saw you do it, or recorded it.

If the ducks can't see me hiding (don't move around when they come over), and they see very well, a stupid kid's toy will not see me hiding in the duck blind.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Let's get together and have a hunting party. A long barrel magnum goose gun has more reach than a 22 bird shot. Does anyone else have a 10 gauge shotgun? I haven't had that thing out in decades.

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:26 PM   #37
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by atf searcher View Post
Get your own small inexpensive drone a ram it into the invading drone.
Opps!! I was just flying my own drone above my own property and this other drone got in the way.
It was simply an accident. There is now way in the world anyone could prove "intent to damage".

No legal liability at all. If there was any liability it would be against him, it was over your property.
LE would go crazy over a gun shot but they couldn't care less about two drones hitting each other.

If he wants to do it again, fine repeat the same thing. He's loosing more money on his high tech drone than you are on your inexpensive Kamikaze drone.
He said he is living in the middle of a 25 acre farm. I took that to mean he is not in town. If that is correct, LE has nothing to do with what he does on his own farm.

The last case of shot gun shells I bought was about $5 per box of 25.

Let's go hunting.

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:28 PM   #38
Slitlikr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 72

^^^^+1^^^^
I think the prick got the message from my neighbor and knows we're serious.
Haven't seen it since.
My neighbor did determine the model which is high end and transmits live video.
$1,800.
If it gets past my neighbor's place it will be shredded with flying lead.
Slitlikr is offline   Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:38 PM   #39
Tetas
Perineum Access

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitlikr View Post
If it gets past my neighbor's place it will be shredded with flying lead.
That's what I was thinking...it'd be worth paying for the drone if I HAD to!

I'd buy a lawyer first and turn it into a Supreme Court issue, let's get this shit straightened out as to what you can video on private property!
(You can't video me naked in my bedroom while STANDING on my property...WHY should it be legal to use a drone 5' above the ground to do the same thing?)
Tetas is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:16 PM   #40
BDD
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Shoot a drone down that is taking pictures over your property in Texas outside the city limits? Come on people.

If you are charged, and that is a BIG if, demand a jury trial. Anybody think a jury in Texas ... the "Come And Take It" state ... will convict? I would bet a year's hobbying money that they won't.
BDD is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:15 PM   #41
MrThom
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

.22 cal shot is NOT bird shot. Its snake shot. The dude in Kentucky used a shotgun, and went to jail about an hour later...
MrThom is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:41 PM   #42
oldbutstillgoing
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 5

Air rifle. .177 pellet at 1200 fps through the rotors will do the trick. No noise either
oldbutstillgoing is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:00 PM   #43
oldbutstillgoing
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 5

Air rifle. .177 pellet at 1200 fps through the rotors will do the trick. No noise either
oldbutstillgoing is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:01 AM   #44
BDD
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Paint gun. I know more than one person with a paint gun stores under the hood of their grill in their back yard in Texas.
BDD is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:18 PM   #45
skirtchaser79411
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Blow it out of the sky but just use bird shot
skirtchaser79411 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women