Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70419
biomed160575
Yssup Rider59933
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47552
pyramider46370
bambino40326
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35378
Mojojo33117

Old 01-28-2018, 02:46 PM   #31
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
If the elements and activities are based on Texas Penal Code cases for an analysis, then the civil litigants have a steep hill to climb with damages limited by the 2009 act. I found no civil case appellate opinions on the civil action. This cited lawsuit may end up being a "test case" if any commercial outfit has the "balls"!
First, thanks for the due respect. Not knowing exactly how much I'm due. Second, we know I'm out of my element so if I ask a stupid question it won't be a shock. I'm trying to learn about this case. It fascinates.

What do you mean by having the "balls" and any commercial outfit? This is why I put this in the Legal forum. Is it prudent to ask that this law has never been tested?

I await your denunciation.

As far as the dictionary thing goes, I understand there are legal resources I have no access to let alone even know exist.
eccieuser9500 is online now   Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 05:39 PM   #32
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
First, thanks for the due respect.

Is it prudent to ask that this law has never been tested?

I await your denunciation.
You can google some key words with Texas (I do not know whether other states have a similar/same civil statute) like "human trafficking" and you won't get many "hits" and none with any case law interpreting or even addressing the specific law used to support the claim. That doesn't mean there hasn't been a lawsuit filed in the 8 years the statute has been in existence. If a case was settled, dropped, or not appealed by either side there will not be an readily available "case law" in various data banks (like research sites).

Without specific instances of case law interpretations of a statute one much rely on "extrapolation" from other similar lawsuits (enforcement of a civil remedy based on a crime) and interpretations of the existing relevant criminal statutes that are referenced in the civil statute and/or cover the same subject matter. Having some personal experience in pursuing civil claims based on criminal activity is also helpful when assessing the viability of the civil litigation and the potential success of prevailing.

An anecdotal example is the O.J. Simpson matter. "Not guilty" in the criminal case, but liable for damages in the following civil action.

I didn't drag out my dictionary, but based upon my recollection there will be no "denunciation" from this quarter!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 07:22 PM   #33
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

In it's basic terms, when referring to the O.J. trials, he "didn't do it" but it was "his fault"? Do I have that correct?

I will have to parse your previous statements later to try and make sense of it. If you are willing, then I am willing to keep asking questions. Even at the risk of sounding dumb.

But for now, this joker hath drunk too much bier and eaten too much schnitzel and pretzel. I am weary and unfocused. I'll check back soon. Back to my local forum to troll there.

Thanks,
EU95
eccieuser9500 is online now   Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:39 AM   #34
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
In it's basic terms, when referring to the O.J. trials, he "didn't do it" but it was "his fault"? [SIZE="5"]Do I have that correct? [/SIZE]
Frankly, I don't know if he did it or not.

I wasn't there when she and her boy toy were killed.

But that wasn't my purpose of posting that information. After you sober up and get some rest you can read this: My point was distinguishable burdens of proof and varying elements of the alleged offensive conduct.

The recent acquittal of the infamous illegal alien in S.F. demonstrates the "elements" variation issue irrespective of the wishful desires of those who believe that one can be guilty of murdering someone by inadvertently ricocheting a round off a concrete walkway and having it strike someone who they do not know about 100 feet away.*

*Anyone who can do that intentionally with the purpose of killing another person should be enlisted in our military for the special assignment of building entries to kill those inside hiding around the corner .. and not deported.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:58 PM   #35
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
You can google some key words with Texas (I do not know whether other states have a similar/same civil statute) like "human trafficking" and you won't get many "hits" and none with any case law interpreting or even addressing the specific law used to support the claim. That doesn't mean there hasn't been a lawsuit filed in the 8 years the statute has been in existence. If a case was settled, dropped, or not appealed by either side there will not be an readily available "case law" in various data banks (like research sites).

!
This is not the exact same but it is similar?

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/...g-case-8892833
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:24 PM   #36
LexusLover
Valued Poster

http://www.ndaa.org/pdf/Civil%20Reme...ms-jan2012.pdf

Some states leave the remedy with the State Attorney General.

I would prefer the remedy be a private one unless the recovery ALL belongs to the victim(s), if there is going to be one at all. The existence of a private cause of action can cast doubt on the veracity of the "victim," because the "victim" is testifying in the criminal case to assure a conviction so it can be used in the civil case. There are restitution provisions in the Texas Penal Code/Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, and I suspect in most other jurisdictions.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:31 PM   #37
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

The opponents of prostitution have done a really good job of convoluting two consenting adults consumating business transactions with trafficking.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:42 PM   #38
LexusLover
Valued Poster

The summary judgments and jury instructions will do the job of separating the concepts. But I suspect there will be settlements if on no other basis than "nuisance value" that will tamp down the rhetoric and media hype.

I'm not sure how an owner through their onsite manager or other employees have "KNOWLEDGE" that any one person in any one room was their "involuntarily" short of observing them being hogtied and carried back and forth from the vehicle to the room. And I doubt they will get too many employees admitting they "KNEW" the "guest" was a PRISONER!

My guess is a lot of these civil suit defendants will never see a jury in their case either because they were dismissed before it got there or settled.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women