Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 254
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160705
Yssup Rider60030
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47616
pyramider46370
bambino40340
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35446
Mojojo33117

Old 09-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default US Credit Downgraded Again - QE3 Cited as Reason

Here's the statement:

Ratings firm Egan-Jones cut its credit rating on the U.S. government to "AA-" from "AA," citing its opinion that quantitative easing from the Federal Reserve would hurt the U.S. economy and the country's credit quality.

In its downgrade, the firm said that issuing more currency and depressing interest rates through purchasing mortgage-backed securities does little to raise the U.S.'s real gross domestic product, but reduces the value of the dollar.

In turn, this increases the cost of commodities, the firm said.

In April, Egan-Jones cuts the U.S. credit rating to "AA" from "AA+" with a negative watch, citing a lack of progress in cutting the mounting federal debt.

I don't suppose we're ever going to learn, are we?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49037337
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
joe bloe
Valued Poster

It's like a junkie that's sick from taking drugs, who takes more drugs to feel better. I think America needs an intervention. The Democrats are enablers.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
CJ7
Valued Poster

maybe the republican house will get off their partisan asses and get something done ...

naaaaah.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Congress has no control over the Fed, dumbass. That's why we need the audit you oppose.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

The republican house has passed multiple budgets, sent them to the Senate....what did harry reid and the Democrats do ?

NOTHING.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Moody's announced they will likely downgrade..............it is only a matter of time before our budget process will be dictated to us by our creditors - CHINA and others.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/12/bu...debt.html?_r=0
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #7
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Congress has no control over the Fed, dumbass. That's why we need the audit you oppose.

bullshit

in 08 congress gave the fed more power ..

look that up sport ..

In the late summer and fall of 2008, Congress granted the Federal Reserve significantly more authority to deal with the turmoil in the financial markets. This includes purchasing illiquid securities from institutions, making loans to troubled firms, and making investments in banks and other institutions to provide additional capital for their operations

Denny Crane
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #8
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Did Congress have any say in monetary policy? Did anyone ask Congress if they could do a QE for a third time? The Fed operates on its own, for the benefit of their member banks, not the people of the United States.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #9
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

OK wait. All bullshit aside. All shit slinging aside.

WE ARE DOWNGRADED AGAIN? WHAT. THE. FUCK.

You all can piss and moan till your cows come home, it won't change the fact we are in serious, serious trouble.

In all of US history, this has never happened. Has it? Then twice during one president? I'm a very financially minded person, and this alone would give me pause on voting for the president in office during TWO downgrades.
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #10
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post
OK wait. All bullshit aside. All shit slinging aside.

WE ARE DOWNGRADED AGAIN? WHAT. THE. FUCK.

You all can piss and moan till your cows come home, it won't change the fact we are in serious, serious trouble.

In all of US history, this has never happened. Has it? Then twice during one president? I'm a very financially minded person, and this alone would give me pause on voting for the president in office during TWO downgrades.

if you have gold I wouldnt piss and moan
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #11
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Did Congress have any say in monetary policy? Did anyone ask Congress if they could do a QE for a third time? The Fed operates on its own, for the benefit of their member banks, not the people of the United States.

The Federal Reserve System fulfills its public mission as an independent entity within government. It is not "owned" by anyone and is not a private, profit-making institution. As the nation's central bank, the Federal Reserve derives its authority from the Congress of the United States. It is considered an independent central bank because its monetary policy decisions do not have to be approved by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branches of government, it does not receive funding appropriated by the Congress, and the terms of the members of the Board of Governors span multiple presidential and congressional terms.
However, the Federal Reserve is subject to oversight by the Congress, which often reviews the Federal Reserve's activities and can alter its responsibilities by statute. Therefore, the Federal Reserve can be more accurately described as "independent within the government" rather than "independent of government."
The 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks, which were established by the Congress as the operating arms of the nation's central banking system, are organized similarly to private corporations--possibly leading to some confusion about "ownership." For example, the Reserve Banks issue shares of stock to member banks. However, owning Reserve Bank stock is quite different from owning stock in a private company. The Reserve Banks are not operated for profit, and ownership of a certain amount of stock is, by law, a condition of membership in the System. The stock may not be sold, traded, or pledged as security for a loan; dividends are, by law, 6 percent per year
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #12
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Imagine that, you start printing money around the clock with no end in sight and nothing to back it with and people get the strange idea that it isn't going to be worth much. . .

I've always refrained from the kind of name calling the left does but I've had it, these people are simply stupid.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #13
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
Imagine that, you start printing money around the clock with no end in sight and nothing to back it with and people get the strange idea that it isn't going to be worth much. . .

I've always refrained from the kind of name calling the left does but I've had it, these people are simply stupid.

cog calls people dumbass on a regular basis ... ignore it
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I only call dumbasses dumbass, dumbass.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #15
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
I only call dumbasses dumbass, dumbass.

see what I mean?

forgive him, he's a leftie ..................
CJ7 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women