Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 09-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85
Default Big Oil's job creation promise- could it work?

Big oil just announced that if they were allowed to drill that could easily create over 1 million jobs: http://money.cnn.com/2011/09/07/news...Lead&hpt=hp_t1

Do you guys think the regulations should be lifted? Also, didn't Obama lift regulations and tell them they can drill? I wonder if Obama will consider this in his jobs plan tomorrow- if it will create jobs I say go for it- Obama will probably lose support from environmentalist but hey his not going to make everyone happy.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

It's one of those "give with the right hand, take with the left" deals. Obama knew EPA would stop it anyway when his admin started issuing permits.

If EPA was drawn back to reality I think a lot of drilling could take place without going offshore.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #3
CPT Savajo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Our leaders just took over Libyas oil fields with the help of the UN and the so-called rebels. In 2008 oil was about $150 a barrel. Now oils at about $85 and the price at the pump is relatively the same, the game is rigged. And who can forget inflation and printing money. If it creates jobs sure, put the people to work but I just think it's a short-term solution to a long-term problem.
CPT Savajo is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default of course, just listen to me

ive been saying the same thing in here forever
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #5
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Not really CPT. Your logic is flawed.

http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

When Oil was at $150 a barrel gas was $4.12 a gallon on average. Gas is currently at $3.65 a gallon, 47 cents per gallon cheaper, about 15% less. You used the phrase "relatively the same", and as such I don't know how much is relative to you. 15% less is fairly substantial.

Living in West Texas where both Wind Power and Oil created and maintained jobs I definately saw the benefit in opening all options for energy creation. Conspiracy theories aside, actual energy production creates jobs. Green jobs are theoretical and sometimes occur, oil jobs are real and do occur. It is just basic common sense. Send billions to the Middle East for Oil (and Venezuela) or keep those same billions here. Oil companies can and DO invest those profits in long term projects. I know dozens of companies in West Texas who took oil profits and reinvested them into Wind Production. It isn't complicated unless the government gets in the damn way.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #6
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post

When Oil was at $150 a barrel gas was $4.12 a gallon on average. Gas is currently at $3.65 a gallon, 47 cents per gallon cheaper, about 15% less.
Taking the above into account, along with crude today being down roughly 40%, does the difference (around 25%) reflect the "true" inflation rate caused by our ceaseless printing of money?

It is curious how quiet the MSM is given today's gas prices, when a few years ago talk of "gouging" and "oil men in the white house" was all the rage. Yet, as we've discussed gasoline is 25% higher today vs crude oil prices.

Will opening all US energy resources to exploration and development create jobs? Of course it will, but nobody can say with certainty how many.

Will it bring down the cost of gasoline and other forms of energy? Given time, it likely will, but nobody knows how much because of other variables (like printing too much money).

Will the US ever get out of debt induced death spiral? In my opinion, not until government spending is cut from current levels and the US becomes a net exporter of oil.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
Taking the above into account, along with crude today being down roughly 40%, does the difference (around 25%) reflect the "true" inflation rate caused by our ceaseless printing of money?
OR..... That 25% is extra lining of oil co profits. No, those nice oil men would never do that, would they? (Actually, yes they would.)
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #8
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Will opening all US energy resources to exploration and development create jobs? Of course it will, but nobody can say with certainty how many.
Agree with this part. The problem is our all/nothing mindset. Let's create reasonable sustainable jobs, and make sure we avoid creating jobs of the oil-spill-cleanup kinds.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #9
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Will the US ever get out of debt induced death spiral? In my opinion, not until government spending is cut from current levels and the US becomes a net exporter of oil.
Yes, cut current spending wisely, but exporting oil worries me. I LIKE having reserves and worry about selling off our oil for short term profit and then being seriously at the mercy of the oil producers. Currently if they squeeze us it hurts; is we sell too much of our own we have much more painful choices. I'd much rather use up the other guy's oil.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #10
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
OR..... That 25% is extra lining of oil co profits. No, those nice oil men would never do that, would they? (Actually, yes they would.)
But surely, if that was the case, those paragons of journalistic integrity at CNN and the other alphabet crews would be screaming it from the proverbial rooftops . . . wouldn't they?
Old 09-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #11
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Let me tell ya'll something.,,,

When you hear a Lib tell you that it would take 10 years to get oil from Anwr he is either full of horse shit or he doesn't know what he is talking about. It took only 5 years to develope Prudoe Bay..pipeline and all.

The pipeline is only 50 miles from where they want to drill on a 100+ acre track using directional drilling. They could tie into that pipeline in 2-1/2 years.

This is what beautiful Anwr looks like where they want to drill..

And you know what else? When a pipe breaks they can turn a valve off and fix it and easily clean it up....unlike the high wire act that is going on in the Gulf.

All we need is to get a few inviromental Nazi's out of the way.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #12
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Profit, the new 4 letter word.

Just as when the ban on Atlantic Drilling expired, the perception the US is going to actually develop resources and put more supply on the market will drive down speculative increases in prices. History shows this to be true.

Quote:
But surely, if that was the case, those paragons of journalistic integrity at CNN and the other alphabet crews would be screaming it from the proverbial rooftops . . . wouldn't they?
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #13
DFW5Traveler
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

+1 @ Boltfan

Even IF it took a liberal decade to produce the oil, those fields would have to be manned by everything from engineers to logistics to manual laborers and those jobs would begin as soon as they release the leases and remove the EPA/court restrictions. Between ANWR et.al. oil fields there would be a whole lot of jobs created.
DFW5Traveler is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #14
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
The great thing about a free market is that great profits create an influx of investments which increases competition which drives prices down. Profit is not evil. It is what drives our economy and innovation.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #15
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

plus they just discovered that new field in/around N. Dakota

and look at Oklahoma where UE is less than 6%
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women