Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 09-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #16
CPT Savajo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

I don't see how you guys can trust Fox News, CNN, or CNBC! They're all state run corporate controlled. I was watching one of those morning shows this morning on either CBS or ABC, the media whores who were hosting the show were reporting on the GOP campaing trail and were slobbing all over Rick Perry's knob. The kept mentioning his name, Romney's name, and Bachman's name like it was some type of religion. There was not one mention of Ron Paul's name, not one! The only one in there injecting real issues and not one mention of his name. We might as well be living in a communist country under the rule of an iron-fisted dictator who dawns a beret! Or are we?
CPT Savajo is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #17
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Special Report is the best hard news going..but they also have the best
commentary anywhere.

Shepard Smith is a Bozo
O'Reilly is an asshole...but he's supposed to be.
Hannity is a hack
Greta..............she's a cry for help.
Stossell is interesting.
Dennis Miller always cracks me up.
The Five isn't bad...Man Fox has got some good looking women.
Red Eye keeps getting better and better, very unique show.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #18
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

I think by far the most honest and trustworthy is BBC. CNN gives both sides of the story and I think Anderson Cooper is as fair as they come.
Fox or Faux news is just the American version of Al-Jeezera they(Fox) are obvious biased to the right how they can say they are fair and balanced is beyond me.
Hannity is scum of the earth and doesn't know shit- typical GOP whiner. Bill O'Reilly tries to make himself look smart and when he brings on opposing views if they get the better of him he interrupts them an/or cuts them off. However, I at least applaud Bill for debating rival opinions.
MSNBC plays to the left- I like Chris Matthews and O'Donnell- they seem to argue their points pretty good. Ed Schultz is basically in the same boat as Hannity- but a lot smarter. Keith Olbermann when he was on their was funny, but I didn't like the fact that he didn't debate too many from the right- his views were one sided- ditto to Rachel Maddow- she rarely debates anyone with an opposing view which I don't too much care for- I respect a person if they can have their views and are able to debate(sensibly) the other viewpoint.
I like NPR- some feel they are too liberal leaning, but they always bring both sides into the discussion.
Overall BBC is the most trustworthy followed by CNN. Fox and MSNBC cater's toward their respective audience.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:00 PM   #19
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Ed Schultz is an idiot and a fake. I lived in North Dakota when he was a local host and sportscaster for WDAY. He was a far right winger, even more than Rush. And he doesn't know shit about sports. He was married to a gorgeous news anchor there, but was caught diddling in another pool, and left for a time. Came back as a liberal, and figured he could make a go of it if he could be as obnoxious as Rush. It worked, but he is still an idiot, a fake, and doesn't know sports worth shit.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #20
surcher
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

By far, BBC is the best at covering international news and political news. CNN is second for news and I too like Anderson Cooper's show. I'll watch CBS, NBC and ABC's nightly news before Fox. If Shep Smith is the best anchor you've got, that says a lot. Fox is by far the best when it comes to sexy female anchors and commentators, as well as arrogant, egotistical program hosts. Fair and balanced isn't even close to true. While they all have a slant, the only other network that comes close to being as utterly biased is MSNBC.

I used to watch O'Reilly at least three time a week for almost 10 years, most of which were during the Bush years. After Obama was elected, Bill said Obama was the POTUS and he would treat him with the respect and fairness the president deserved. That lasted less than a month after the inauguration when ratings dictated the Factor become a presidential bashfest, with Rove and Newt leading the way as guests. Bill did try his best to tell the birthers they were nuts and they should get over it, but that's about the only thing he supported Obama on.

I go there to watch commentary by their strategists and guests on speeches and plans proposed by the president, as well as commentary on the republicans running for president, including debates and speeches. I can't handle Hannity without Colmes and Beck iss good for a laugh, like Rush......and Whirl!
surcher is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #21
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

THE SAVAGE NATION.
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #22
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

George Noory Coast to Coast.....not as good as Art Bell or Long John Nebel (the original talk radio host); but good enough and better than most.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #23
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
Wondering how you guys think of news representation as it comes from CNN or FOX
I mean things like:

Trust worthiness
Actuality
Presentation
And whatever you come up with

Ready to start throwing mud?
MSNBC for me.. lol
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:13 AM   #24
CPT Savajo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Here goes an alternative. The Glenn Beck secret.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OXKh...er_profilepage
CPT Savajo is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:23 AM   #25
Gotyour6
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

I can tell the libs and repubs just by reading posts lol

I can also tell the young form old by lib or repub.

How cute.
Gotyour6 is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:13 AM   #26
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotyour6 View Post
I can tell the libs and repubs just by reading posts lol

I can also tell the young form old by lib or repub.

How cute.
Yes, very cute!
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:14 AM   #27
Guest082517
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8
Default comedy central

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Guest082517 is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:14 AM   #28
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

OK, I'll own up to my bias: I'm a liberal.

But no news channel reports in an unbiased neutral way like they used to. IMHO, Time Magazine and Watergate changed neutral reporting to biased reporting during Watergate.

Having said that, I'll say the following:
  1. I watch HLN in the AM while traveling, which is a lot. Love Robin Meade, although she can be a little judgmental.
  2. Generally have CNN on most of the time. Hate Wolfe Blitzer as an arrogant, opinionated ass. TJ Holmes and Anderson Cooper are about the best.
  3. Watch MSNBC occasionally. Agree with others who say Morning Joe is the best AM show. IMHO that show tends to be somewhat conservative which counteracts MSNBC's reputation as a whole.
  4. I never watch FoxNews so I can't comment. But from all reviews, it is the only news channel with a Conservative agenda. I don't watch it because it would probably give me apoplexy.
  5. I haven't watched it lately, but I've always been impressed with the neutrality and depth of the McNeill-Lehrer (now the Lehrer) Report on PBS.
  6. On NPR (radio) I like listening to "Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me." It's a trivia/game program based on the week's news.
  7. And finally, as others have said, The Jon Stewart Show. According to Time Magazine, it is the most trusted name in news.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #29
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Drudge links to pretty much all news (and the ones like CNN and MSNBC that pretend to be) outlets. Read it for yourself from multiple sources. I haven't watched or listened to any of the talking heads in years.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #30
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Fox .......... I don't take anything serious there, their statement "fair and balanced" is downright a lie. But sometimes Fox is just fun to watch if there is nothing better.
CNN ......... Anderson Cooper
MSNBC ..... Brian Williams
waverunner234 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women