Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 04-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
Wetwork Daddy
BANNED

Encounters: 1
Default Political Discussions?

So where do political discussions occur on this board?

Is there any plan to make a place like a STUMP FORUM or WOODSHED where people can feel free to chew the pork barrel fat and everyone knows before they enter they should not come in if their feathers get easily ruffled?

I saw the National Sandbox, but that looks more like a place to talk about sports and tell jokes. So I moved on.

Then I found the Diamond and Tuxedo area and that reminded me of the old HDH area on ASPD. That was always a fun place to hang when you wanted your big head stimulated before you got your little head played with. I scanned some of the threads there since their was some lively discourse I decided to join in, and had my hobbydawg paws slapped by having threads shut down and then a few mods came in and chastised me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfindick View Post
I'm kinda confused....WTF does the president's legal defense fund and his birth certificate have to do the the hobby in general and this forum in particular?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprado View Post
Absolutely Nothing. It should be closed, I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR Only View Post
Said one mod. Welcome to MA's and my hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR Only View Post
Put it this way, many of the political threads end up at the same place (a lot of knashing of teeth going back and forth and no one really changes anyone else's opinions).

What's more the Sandbox is a perfect place to discuss politics, religion, gun rights, abortion, etc.:

The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

It seems like a simple straight forward solution. Except the mods (Chica and Chaser) there are going to hang me.
No worries, that is the job of a mod and I am glad they provided the guidance and made it clear that political discussions were no longer welcome there.

I just hope there will be a place beyond the sandbox that would be geared to politics for hobby-minded people.
Wetwork Daddy is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
surfindick
Account Disabled

It's probably a valid suggestion...keep the politics in a separate fenced in area where they can feed on each other (cause you can't kill em).
surfindick is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
Guest022315
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

I aggree. There should be a forum for politics.
Guest022315 is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

maybe a subset of the sandbox or "Political Sandbox."
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

I have no problems with a subset of the sandbox. But lightly moderated with relaxed rules, as we all know how those discussions will go. I won't have enough time to issue all the points deserved. If you're gonna play in there, you fend for yourself because I'm not gonna rescue anyone from flaming when you step on your dick and get your feelings bruised.

Lets send it up the ladder.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetwork Daddy View Post
So where do political discussions occur on this board?

I saw the National Sandbox, but that looks more like a place to talk about sports and tell jokes. So I moved on.

Then I found the Diamond and Tuxedo area and that reminded me of the old HDH area on ASPD. That was always a fun place to hang when you wanted your big head stimulated before you got your little head played with. I scanned some of the threads there since their was some lively discourse I decided to join in . . .
I must admit, I was drawn to the Diamond and Tuxedo area for exactly the same reasons. If not there, where?
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #7
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Chica is going to see how the owner's feel about a less regulated area. I don't remember the volume of political threads on HDH as has grown here in the past year. Tangents in D&T are part of what makes it a fun place. But political thread after political thread about the same stuff over and over, it's just boring and mind numbing. Should there indeed be a political sandbox happen I think it will make those who want to chat about who's approval ratings are up or down that much better. The side benefit is that D&T will return to it's roots of the Phoenix rising out of ASPD and HDH.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #8
Black Sedan
Premium Access

Encounters: 21

Ah hell, I'd *almost* volunteer to moderate a Politics forum.
Black Sedan is offline   Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:04 PM   #9
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Think of it this way...

Remember the movie Escape From New York? Where the island of Manhattan is completely sealed off and all of the criminals are contained within and left on their own? Well I believe a Political Forum would be pretty much the same thing. Let's face it, threads about political topics almost always turn into, as one rather unique individual of the old ASPD days would say, monkey shit fights. We have all seen such results especially in the Houston and Austin forums. I would prefer that the political threads be isolated in one place. That way the monkey shit is contained and and it stains only those who willingly want to wear it.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:48 AM   #10
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I think it's the combination of HDH subjects AND politics in ONE place that drew me to D&T.

If they are separated, I'll probably close my account.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:37 AM   #11
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Can I humbly suggest you run this by the regulars at D&T before implementing anything...most of us don't regularly monitor the "feedback" forum.

And, SRO....we talked politics/economics/current events for years on ASPD/HDH.....
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #12
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Political discussion has been a regular part of HDH since PJ first voted for Mussolini trying to sell us that he was libertarian !
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:49 AM   #13
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
I think it's the combination of HDH subjects AND politics in ONE place that drew me to D&T.
I agree with you Charles. All though I rarely participate in the political threads, I do read them. The threads are great for screening.
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #14
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post

If they are separated, I'll probably close my account.
Word!
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:18 AM   #15
Guest083011
Account Disabled

I could start a poll.

Seriously, I am glad to see you regulars appalled at my suggestion. I was NOT advocating banning it from D&T. I just wanna talk more about getting naked with beautiful women. Is that such a bad concept?

I think we can still have politics here but a "hardcore" section isn't a bad idea either. It would be a great place to post 6,000 plus word non-orginal content and comment on it.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women