Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40276
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 04-03-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Default Watching "The Kennedys" Mini-series...

on DVR. Premiered tonight. On REELZ channel. I doubt they break any new territory, but not bad.

"Women don't expect fidelity. But they don't want infidelity thrown in their face."
- Joe Kennedy Sr., to Jack on his wedding day

(Since PJ doesn't like threads without a question) What do you think of Joe's sentiment?
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
Valerie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54212
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
on DVR. Premiered tonight. On REELZ channel. I doubt they break any new territory, but not bad.

"Women don't expect fidelity. But they don't want infidelity thrown in their face."

(Since PJ doesn't like threads without a question) What do you think of Joe's sentiment?
I have watched that before, perhaps not the exact thing, but it was a documentary of them....I remember that quote as well, the more I watched and learned of that family the more disgusted they made me...Politically speaking, there were a couple things I shared the same sentiment as JFK, but as far as personally, I have little respect for him, his father, and Bobby...They seemed to be very chauvinistic and arrogant,(but then who isn't a bit arrogant in politics?)...

Anyways, as far as my sentiment on the above quote, I think it was cheeky, but in those times a common reality for most...I think REALISTIC women don't expect fidelity, however, if there's one thing I've learned from what I do is that there are a lot of women out there living in la la land thinking that just bc they haven't felt like having sex with their husbands in 10 years that the guys are just ok with that!...

I agree that women don't want their husband's affairs thrown in their faces, that's just obvious, (unless you have an open relationship of some sort etc...)

With all that said, my sentiment towards Joe Kennedy=Cheeky Bastard....(And that sentiment is in no way based solely on the above quote), there are A LOT of reasons I think he's a cheeky bastard!
Valerie is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #3
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

@Val

Why don't you tell us what you really think?
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

Who knew Val was an onion?
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #5
Valerie
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
@Val

Why don't you tell us what you really think?
LOL...I could go on for days about those wankers, that was just a small dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
Who knew Val was an onion?
This may sound naive...but what exactly does that mean??
Old 04-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #6
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

Layers. Complications. Many layers to know and ponder.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

To contemplate and wonder.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #8
Valerie
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Layers. Complications. Many layers to know and ponder.
Quote:
To contemplate and wonder.
And you're just now figuring this out about me?
Old 04-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:

The hell with the Kennedys. Watch the Borgias on Showtime -- much more interesting and the model for the Kennedy clan.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #10
Valerie
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
The hell with the Kennedys. Watch the Borgias on Showtime -- much more interesting and the model for the Kennedy clan.
I forgot to watch it last night...Was it any good?...I'm still having withdrawals from The Tudors...
Old 04-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #11
pjorourke
Valued Poster

It was very good. Almost up to The Tudors, but maybe a bit more confusing because of all the characters that they introduced in the first show. The Tudors had the advantage of bringing them in slower (e.g., one wife at a time).
Old 04-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #12
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
At one point in the Borgias, the Pope and his #1 mistress (mother of his children) had this very discussion after he bedded a new one. She agreed with Joe.

Coincidentally, public infidelity was also discussed by the Curia (i.e., the Cardinals) as a means for deposing Borgia as Pope.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #13
onehitwonder
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 27124

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post

In the introduction, they say that Mario Puzo based his "Godfather" series after the Borgias....

I watched it.....I liked The Tudors better I thinck....but so far so good....I gotta get me a monkey.....
onehitwonder is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #14
phatdaty
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:

Sounds like the typical wisdom of a rum runner that raised a bunch of entitled democrats. As much as that family wanted to "do the right thing" they failed to escape the impact of DNA on their personal morality.

I can't remember if it was Shakespeare or the Bible, but the phrase: "sins of the father" comes to mind.

As to the quote, well perhaps it is true. I think most intelligent women know that the average man is simply incapable of fidelity (yes I am aware I am projecting here) and they either decide to be a consummate whore in the bedroom to reduce that potential, or they come to embrace it as long as the man does not make a fool out her and the family.

There is a book called Soiled Doves that had a rather interesting quote about early prostitution in the old west:

"The wives looked the other way, because at last they had reprieve from the darker desires of their men. The fact that these bordellos were in a different part of the town was no mistake. It was as if the social arrangement was made as long as the proper women of the town did not have to pass by the site of their man's sin while taking care of the family errands."
phatdaty is offline   Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #15
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Well, hell - the "Kennedy attitude" was the typical institutionalized male outlook prior to the late 60's - I wonder how the married guys of today, ECCIE members or not, square it up? I'm having a hard time figuring out where there is cause for a news flash.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women