Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40281
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 10-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
ErectionDemolitionSpclst
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 11182
My ECCIE Reviews
Question iPhone 4s, Who's Gonna' Get It &...

The iPhone 4s is going into pre-order status for certain eligible population on 10/07/2011 at 3:01 am EDT.

Who's gonna get one?

&

Should it be got?

Pro's/con's, etc., please.

Isn't the iPhone 5 supposed to come out soon too, though?

Hmmm, perhaps many should get one, if at least as homage honor to the great genius and visionary Mr. Steve Jobs who lost his life yesterday.

RIP STEVE JOBS!
ErectionDemolitionSpclst is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #2
FireSerpent
Account Disabled

Encounters: 29

It has some things about it which are pretty nifty... the main thing I like about it, Sprint is finally carrying it. 4G Unlimited Data... non-throttled service... more spectrum than the other guys and you can get the phone and use it like it is meant to be used and pay at the very least $240 over a 2 year contract than the other guys... That's an hour session for some people.

Me? I'm waiting until after thanksgiving before making any decisions... I think the big boys have something else up their sleeve still... Perhaps the iPhone 5 will come out... maybe another HTC Android device...

We shall see.
FireSerpent is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #3
Mojojo
Aficionado

Encounters: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSerpent View Post
Me? I'm waiting until after thanksgiving before making any decisions... I think the big boys have something else up their sleeve still... Perhaps the iPhone 5 will come out... maybe another HTC Android device...

We shall see.
I'm in the same predicament.... It looks good but I hate the carriers.
Mojojo is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:53 AM   #4
Eccie Addict
Former Post Ho

Encounters: 25

I'm a fan of apple but with the issues that 4 had compared to 3GS I'm hesitant to take a chance. I went with a droid just recently and it's not as smooth Internet wise as the IPhone but you can get another battery anytime you want and you can up the memory if you want. A lot of people complain about the battery life while my droid will last 8 hours including surfing the web. My 3GS will still hold about a 6 hour charge even while surfing but it's my understanding that the 4 won't go near that long.

The iPhone for me is much smoother when posting and texting as well whereas the droid sucks. I will say that being hearing impaired the droid is the only phone so far that I can ride with the window down and still hear every word. That's pretty loud.

So I think I'll hold off for a bit...
Eccie Addict is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:20 AM   #5
Duke of G
Ambassador

Encounters: 20

Not an actual technical question about ECCIE....moving this to sandbox.
Duke of G is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:24 AM   #6
Boltfan

The iPhone 5 is not coming anytime soon.

Anyone who believes that just doesn't understand Apple very well. They will blow out sales of this phone and then introduce subtle changes late next year that everyone will buy again.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
ErectionDemolitionSpclst
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 11182
My ECCIE Reviews

Not even having a "smart phone", nor ever having an iPhone - Don't know what to do.

Keep comments coming and thank you so much!
ErectionDemolitionSpclst is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #8
budman33
Valued Poster

if you dont have a smartphone yet. I'd grab a Iphone 3s and save yourself some money.
budman33 is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #9
O'Mike
Premium Access

Encounters: 51

If you followed the stock market, Apple took a hit once the thing was announced. Wall Street saw it as less than spectacular. Since SJ died right after, they were quick to spin the lack of interest in his demise. They were smart enough to not call it a different model, or they would have been hammered hard. Not enough of an upgrade from the regular 4 to make a move. Wait on the 5, and hopefully some other carriers will pick it up by then (hint, hint T-Mobile).
O'Mike is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #10
Boltfan

There were little difference between the iPhone 3G and the iPhone 3GS, yet is outsold the previous device. There was little difference between the 3GS and the iPhone 4, yet it outsold the previous device by a wide margin. There is little difference between the 4 and the 4S and it will STILL outsell the previous version and the stock will be back up.

The stock drops every year because the rumors make people believe Apple is going to make huge leaps and bounds but they don't. Then when the quarterly reports his showing sales the stock always goes back up. There is significant historical basis for theses swings.

And if you are always "waiting" for what is next you will always be waiting. There is always something new coming. Funny how people want to wait for something that doesn't exist and no one knows what would change. Based on Apple's well documented history, little will change but it will still sell like hotcakes.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #11
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I refuse to buy anything Apple. And I avoid Microsoft when all possible. Kinda limits me, but I use Ubuntu, and have a Blackberry.

I won't even buy a clock radio with an Ipod dock.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:52 AM   #12
LexusLover
Valued Poster

1. A significant amount of the data features on the later generation (4's+) are not available "on line" due to limited access issues when traveling outside of metro areas. So when one "invests" in the newer technology look at the "access" area (mapping),

2. plus the speed of the "phone" may exceed the ability of the source to transmit the data .... also ..

3. look at "battery" life ... the higher end, newer generations burn a lot of battery time. 80-90% or better of the battery life is consumed with keeping the screen "on" with the applications available through the screen. ...

4. if you use the new unit as a "computer" increase the memory, if you store data.
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women