Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160524
Yssup Rider59911
gman4452924
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47518
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35341
Mojojo33117

Old 04-13-2010, 08:02 PM   #256
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I did not stray....PJ strayed. He focused on SS. I had said that people pay regressive taxes. You notice PJ did not post all the fee's that states have that generate $$$. Those are regressive taxes. Unless you live in a cave.
Again my focus was only on FEDERAL taxes, since that is all that is relevant in Washington politics -- which is what we were discussing way back when.

My point was merely that SS is not a tax to low paid, it is a net benefit. TTH, ask yourself the logical question -- would there be a payroll tax if there was no SS? Of course not. Therefore you can't separate the benefit from the "contribution" in considering it -- and low paid folks have a negative contribution. WTF, I'm not criticizing that, just stating a fact.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that only one quintile has a positive cost -- i.e., therefor the damn thing has to be insolvent.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:03 PM   #257
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
Kind of reminds me of the age old justification...But Mom, everybody was doing it! Didn't really work with my Mom. Didn't work with my kid's Mom. Doesn't work here.
Huh? What did I do?
Old 04-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #258
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Huh? What did I do?
Wasn't your graph or quote Peej. Was CT's.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:31 PM   #259
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

BTW, has anyone else noticed that only one quintile has a positive cost -- i.e., therefor the damn thing has to be insolvent.
PJ....the thing was set up back in the thirties. I'm not sure what the life expediency was back then but it for sure is higher now. Maybe that is a indirect result of those benifits. Better care for the elderly..wala , they live longer and break the system. Taking care of old people is expensive.

But even with all that Reagan adjusted that tax/benifit and it has been in the black since day one.
Quote:
Again my focus was only on FEDERAL taxes, since that is all that is relevant in Washington politics -- which is what we were discussing way back when.

True enough...but I said that was a disingenuous discussion the way it was being portrayed. It was stated (AND LINKED) that 50% of taxpayers do not pay Federal Taxes. I pointed out that everyone is not as smart as you and may get confused and may think that these people do not pay any taxes. Then it jumped to SS. That seemed to again be diverting the discussion back to poor people not paying taxes. Which is fine by me. They are poor and don't make shit. I do not want their money. I do want them to quit having kids that continue the ignorance cycle. But that is another thread.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #260
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
As they should.....they are poor as fuc. They are a step above sharecroppers if that. Good Lord what part about helping the least fortunate among us did you not understand?
Oh so noble.

It's interesting, a quick review online says that there are roughly 29,000,000 LE, firemen, active military and veterans in the US. I don't think any of them receive what they deserve for their service. And I would damn sure rather support higher pay and benefits for them than your "poor as fuc". But I don't see you posting ad nauseum for them. Instead, you rant and rave about military spending. But of course, we are using up all the resources for your poor depraved subjects and you want there to be more.

You want a tax increase for those guys and gals?...I'll pony up. And frankly, I think a lot of others would too. But even then, if we want too make a real difference...the middle class is still going to have to bear most of the burden...because that's where there is enough volume to make a difference. Your horse ain't near as high as you'd like it to be.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #261
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
I do want them to quit having kids that continue the ignorance cycle.
Okay John Bull. I'm trying to be a good boy and not comment on WTF and "ignorance cycle". But damn! When he hangs a curve over the plate like that, it is hard.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:54 PM   #262
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Okay John Bull. I'm trying to be a good boy and not comment on WTF and "ignorance cycle". But damn! When he hangs a curve over the plate like that, it is hard.
LOL....Knock it over the fence. I deserve it for that one!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:02 PM   #263
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Oh so noble.

It's interesting, a quick review online says that there are roughly 29,000,000 LE, firemen, active military and veterans in the US. I don't think any of them receive what they deserve for their service. And I would damn sure rather support higher pay and benefits for them than your "poor as fuc". But I don't see you posting ad nauseum for them. .

Don't forget teachers and garbage collectors!

You obviously did not hang around the HPF back in the day. I advocated our boys in the service pulling down the same salary we were paying private contractors working overseas. I advocated companies making a certain % of their business off government work CEO's to be paid like our generals. So what I was preaching about was for our inlisted men to make more money and benifits and the CEO's profiting off war to make less.

I still believe that...that does not change the fact that I think we are not doing the correct thing in trying to break the cycle of poverty. Poor people should not be having kids they are not capable of taking care of.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:34 PM   #264
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Don't forget teachers and garbage collectors!

You obviously did not hang around the HPF back in the day. I advocated our boys in the service pulling down the same salary we were paying private contractors working overseas. I advocated companies making a certain % of their business off government work CEO's to be paid like our generals. So what I was preaching about was for our inlisted men to make more money and benifits and the CEO's profiting off war to make less.

I still believe that...that does not change the fact that I think we are not doing the correct thing in trying to break the cycle of poverty. Poor people should not be having kids they are not capable of taking care of.
Yep, I'm sure if they would peruse your 888 posts here, they would see your heart pour out for them. I once said I felt sorry for a homeless guy and gave him $20. I feel better already just thinking about that.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:51 PM   #265
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

Some teachers yes, garbage collectors? And BTW I have a son on his third tour to keep us safe. I will contribute to their success.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:52 PM   #266
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yep, I'm sure if they would peruse your 888 posts here, they would see your heart pour out for them. I once said I felt sorry for a homeless guy and gave him $20. I feel better already just thinking about that.
thanks. that was the best bottle of bourbon I'd had in years

what's your address. I wanted to send a thank you. maybe I can visit. stay a few days.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:03 PM   #267
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
thanks. that was the best bottle of bourbon I'd had in years

what's your address. I wanted to send a thank you. maybe I can visit. stay a few days.
The stories I could tell you about panhandlers in this country that I've come across.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:47 PM   #268
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
. Poor people should not be having kids they are not capable of taking care of.
Politically we are in the same ballpark. But I have to ask, how the heck are we going to prevent that? How are we suppose to prevent people from having kids?
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #269
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Politically we are in the same ballpark. But I have to ask, how the heck are we going to prevent that? How are we suppose to prevent people from having kids?
Quit giving them the incentive to have kids....make them pay the true expense. Why is a kid a deduction on our tax forms? I do not have any kids yet I pay out the ass in school taxes. Provide the poor with birth control options and education. THat is just a start.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:50 AM   #270
pjorourke
Valued Poster

... and loose shoes.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women