Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160460
Yssup Rider59894
gman4452915
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47502
pyramider46370
bambino40306
CryptKicker37078
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35300
Mojojo33117

Old 07-09-2022, 07:48 PM   #31
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Hey VitaMan - please do a little research, then come back and tell us what percentage of Americans oppose/favor late-term or post-birth abortions, ok?

If that is your interest, you are welcome to research that and start a thread.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 07:52 PM   #32
VitaMan
Valued Poster

This may be the most interesting part of this article. Setting aside the older males that seem to make up most of the posters in this forum, here is what the women that are most likely to get pregnant say:

"Younger women from the ages of 18 to 49 reported the largest margin of difference (26 percentage points) between being "pro-choice" and "pro-life".

Support for "pro-choice" views among younger women in particular are 10 percentage points higher than they were two years ago."

Now these women are having their options whittled away.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:44 PM   #33
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

These women are now subject to the will of the citizens, as it should be. Nine people in black robes shouldn’t be the ones deciding such a divisive issue like abortion, it should be up to the people through their elected representatives. Now it is. If the people are overwhelmingly pro-abortion, their election choices will reflect that and it will be legal in their state. If they’re not, it won’t.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 09:09 PM   #34
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
These women are now subject to the will of the citizens, as it should be. Nine people in black robes shouldn’t be the ones deciding such a divisive issue like abortion, it should be up to the people through their elected representatives. Now it is. If the people are overwhelmingly pro-abortion, their election choices will reflect that and it will be legal in their state. If they’re not, it won’t.
I often wonder could the Abortion issue have been culled if the Medical profession restricted Doctors from performing Abortions all together unless there was a dire Medical Emergency. This would have ended all controversy or political debate.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 09:22 PM   #35
VitaMan
Valued Poster

No. Because there is a wide difference of opinion on this.

And as shown, even wider between different groups or segments of the population.
Old 07-09-2022, 09:42 PM   #36
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
No. Because there is a wide difference of opinion on this.

And as shown, even wider between different groups or segments of the population.
What would that matter? Doctors are the ones performing the Abortion they are bound to their Hippocratic Oath. If the Medical Profession deems Abortion to be in conflict with their Oath then Abortions couldn't be performed.
Old 07-09-2022, 10:29 PM   #37
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Hey VitaMan - please do a little research, then come back and tell us what percentage of Americans oppose/favor late-term or post-birth abortions, ok?
Quote:
If that is your interest, you are welcome to research that and start a thread.
No jackass, my question is directly relevant to THIS thread. There is no need to start a new one.

The same Gallup poll you cite as evidence that most Americans are "pro-choice" reveals that in the third trimester of pregnancy, a whopping 71% of Americans oppose abortion being legal and only 20% favor it.

You don't want to draw any attention to that, do you? Instead, you cherry-pick the Gallup poll questions to focus on the ones you think support the ludicrous conclusion you are looking for, i.e. only old men oppose "abortion access".

In reality, more Americans of ALL demographics oppose third-trimester abortions than support them in the first trimester. I tried to be polite by inviting you to do your own research, but you evidently prefer to stir up shit by making a nuanced issue appear to be black and white.

When it comes to having a reasoned debate, you are truly worthless.

"...Gallup asked about the legality of late-term abortions. The poll found strong public opposition to legal abortion after the first trimester. Specifically, 55 percent thought abortions should be “generally illegal” in the second trimester, and 71 percent thought abortions should be “generally illegal” in the third trimester."

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...t-gallup-poll/
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 10:49 PM   #38
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Please...you are debating with yourself on a topic you have chosen on someone elses thread
Old 07-09-2022, 11:31 PM   #39
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
What would that matter? Doctors are the ones performing the Abortion they are bound to their Hippocratic Oath. If the Medical Profession deems Abortion to be in conflict with their Oath then Abortions couldn't be performed.
Now that your other posts failed because you didn't pay attention to the article, you dream up some hypothetical and then pose questions you want answered. Pathetic.
Old 07-09-2022, 11:47 PM   #40
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Now that your other posts failed because you didn't pay attention to the article, you dream up some hypothetical and then pose questions you want answered. Pathetic.
Well sorry you feel that way. Apparently you aren't someone who considers all the aspects of an issue.
Old 07-10-2022, 12:00 AM   #41
blueeyeswide
Premium Access

Encounters: 25

I can see both perspectives on the issue. On the one hand, it gives women freedom and protects them from abusers. They can grow as individuals and become independent, go to college and educate themselves, etc. I mean we have a female vice president. Women can do anything in the USA but often don't because of various factors. I think early pregnancy is a big factor in preventing them from achieving success in this sense.

On the other hand, access to abortion basically gives women free reign to make bad decisions and to behave in manners that are generally criminal (partying, mostly). They may develop PTSD or suffer from other types of trauma that will affect their future relationships. They may never marry or have terrible relationships with men because of it. It's easy to build resentment, and it's plain to see that many women already have it. I don't think an abortion (or multiple) will have a positive effect. They may resort to homosexual behavior out of resentment, and never pass through it as a phase like most lgbtq people actually do. They'll end up making future decisions defensively to prevent whatever subconscious fears they have from occurring.

I'm not pushing religion here (I'm an atheist) but we are a species that requires both sexes to mate and one that pair bonds. Children develop much better in a happy home with both parents, at least according to research. Then there's how it all affects the other parent, but men's feelings generally don't matter to a lot of women and we're often the source of all of their problems (when it takes two to tango).
blueeyeswide is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 12:09 AM   #42
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
Well sorry you feel that way. Apparently you aren't someone who considers all the aspects of an issue.
Hypotheticals are an aspect ?

The older men on this forum have not done much to enhance themselves on this thread.
Old 07-10-2022, 12:17 AM   #43
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
No jackass, my question is directly relevant to THIS thread. There is no need to start a new one.

The same Gallup poll you cite as evidence that most Americans are "pro-choice" reveals that in the third trimester of pregnancy, a whopping 71% of Americans oppose abortion being legal and only 20% favor it.

You don't want to draw any attention to that, do you? Instead, you cherry-pick the Gallup poll questions to focus on the ones you think support the ludicrous conclusion you are looking for, i.e. only old men oppose "abortion access".

In reality, more Americans of ALL demographics oppose third-trimester abortions than support them in the first trimester. I tried to be polite by inviting you to do your own research, but you evidently prefer to stir up shit by making a nuanced issue appear to be black and white.

When it comes to having a reasoned debate, you are truly worthless.

"...Gallup asked about the legality of late-term abortions. The poll found strong public opposition to legal abortion after the first trimester. Specifically, 55 percent thought abortions should be “generally illegal” in the second trimester, and 71 percent thought abortions should be “generally illegal” in the third trimester."

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...t-gallup-poll/
You should know this guy by now...
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 07:35 AM   #44
Brot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldace View Post
Now that you went off topic on your own post. I turned 21 during the summer of Woodstock yet I was in my mid 30’s when I learned what it was. I don’t like that kind of music or rap or what passes for country music these days. I prefer old country , rhythm and old blues and Motown. I have always had beliefs of people a lot older than my age. I say yes ma’am and yes to sir to people regardless of their race. I don’t believe in abortion or anything associated with gaydom yet I am not radical about it, because I am not the one you are going to have to answer too. Although I have drank 1 or 2 or 3 beers I have never touched any type of illegal substance. I give substantial amounts to those in need and I never have claimed any of it on income tax. I give regardless of their race or political affiliation. My favorite is St Jude and the boys in blue. I run a small farm and not much else to do. My wife had a stroke in 2019 and is paralyzed on her right side. I am her sole provider and I don’t leave her side very often. I don’t believe can’t is a word and I have a very low tolerance for ignorance. Have a blessed day Sir

Best hope god does not turn out to be a transgender rapper or you are so fucked!
Brot is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 07:51 AM   #45
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Please...you are debating with yourself on a topic you have chosen on someone elses thread
No jackass - you are cowardly ducking a debate that is DIRECTLY RELEVANT to the topic of your own thread.

I'll point out the result of the latest Gallup poll once again... the finding you don't want to talk about, because it makes the abortion issue appear much more nuanced than your pea brain can accommodate:

"...more Americans of ALL demographics oppose third-trimester abortions (71%) than support them in the first trimester (67%)."

Deal with it!
lustylad is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women