Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35179
Mojojo33117

Old 01-31-2010, 02:24 AM   #1
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews
Question Discussing Issues........

Its been interesting reading the threads that some of you have been posting on, and I find it very funny that some grown men cannot get past the fact that not everyone has the same opinion and outlook on life...politics....religion... .abortion.....etc.

Will there be a time when you as grown men can start actually discussing the issues without the name calling or insults?

Its always wonderful for me to discuss certain issues with people, but it only as long as its discussing and not arguing or having someone trying to shove their beliefs on me. Some people have a hard time actually discussing or debating issues without the childish antics.

What's that old saying...........you catch more flies with honey than vinegar?
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:29 AM   #2
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

I believe we have been
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:30 AM   #3
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Elena, I believe that in all of the posts, except the one JG has recently posted about Hitler, the discussions have been reasoned and non-volitile. You can have an intelligent discussion and bring up strong and differing points of view, and in these discussion threads there have been no name calling or insults (except for the thread I identified above).

Let's face it, we're not all going to stand around in a circle and sing "Kumbaya" (sp) and we're not going to Rodney King ("Can't we all just get along?") the world. As long as we have been respectful of each other's views, however we may disagree with each other, is all that's required. And I believe, for the most part, we have been.

And what is wrong with arguing? Should I compromise what I believe just because someone has an opposing point of view? A well-reasoned argument is necessary for attempting to persuade those that may not have an opinion on a subject why my views are superior, just as those who have a differing opinion attempt to persuade why their views are superior. No one is trying to "shove their beliefs" on anyone. No one here has that power. But the fact that I have an opinion and want to make it known just like DD has an opinion or LM has an opinion or JG has an opinion. It's up to the reader to determine whether or not our opinions match their own belief system and whether to agree, discard or respond to that opinion.

And, I believe, balsamic vinegar is very sweet.
Guest052813-01 is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:09 AM   #4
Starry69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Both the left and the right vilify each other to the point where it's very difficult to have rational, reasonable conversation. Fox news and MSNBC set the precedent.
Starry69 is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

Starry.....So, if they jumped off a bridge, you'd follow suit? (sounding like mom)

Fritz,

Balsamic vinegar does have a sweet taste, thanks for reminding me I need to pick up some dressing today.

There were some posts during the "Republican" thread that were a little insulting/mean spirited. I wasn't implying that some were trying to shove their beliefs down my/your/our throats, I was just saying how I like to have my discussions.

As I said, I have enjoyed reading the threads and I've learned a few things.
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:25 AM   #6
Starry69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Elena, I was merely trying to answer the question you asked.

I have decided not to participate much in the political discussions on this forum, except to ask clarification for a claim that is pretty outrageous and needs clarified.

To answer your second question:

Quote:
Starry.....So, if they jumped off a bridge, you'd follow suit?
If there are train tracks underneath, no.

If we are going skinny dipping, it would depend on if YOU are there!
Starry69 is offline   Quote