Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 01-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #16
kccountryboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Unfortunately, due to the area in which I work, I have had to draw on several occasions. I live south of the KC metro area on the kansas side (past hillsdale lake), but work in the northeast corridor, very close to the avenue and prospect, and cover an area on call up and down prospect and the avenue as well as everywhere in between.

Many times I have been sitting in my car at a stop light and have some one come to my car window or try to open the door. That is when I have shown on several occasions and the situation remedies itself. I have also been just walking out of a convenience store and been approached by a person with a knife wanting my wallet. Again, when I show, the situation remedies itself. I do hope that I don't have to discharge the weapon, but will if the situation warrants it.

You may now ask why I live and work in two totally different areas. I live where I do because it is peaceful, quite, and when I look up at night I can see the stars plain as day. I can walk through my field and hear the cattle and horses in the background.

I work where I do because the money is good, and the perks are even better. The flexibility of the schedule and the ability to come and go as I please so long as my tasks for the day are complete.

This may not make sense to some or even most, but it works for me. It is also very theraputic in a way. Each night on my drive home it is like going to a counselor. Each drive home I think to myself, " My life is not that bad, I am doing okay for myself."

Longer: My weapon is a compact and it is holstered. There is no safety device to deactivate in order to fire other than keeping your finger off the trigger. It comes out as easily as pulling your hand out of you pocket in order to put your hands up in a gesture of compliance.
kccountryboy is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #17
kccountryboy
Valued Poster

DD you are correct, there must be a purchase of the tax stamp in order to own the suppressor or the full auto weapon. I believe the law was to specifically allow individuals who are not FFL to own so long as they passed the screening and paid the tax. If I remember correctly, the 1986 gun ban had expired and so Kansas passed a law allowing it. I am not completely certain of the all the details, but I believe that is the gist of it off the top of my head. I am not a lawyer and have no patience for the terminology, but that is how I understood the law passing without reading line by line. I may be incorrect, that is entirely possible.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:19 AM   #18
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Dirty Dog is right. If you go to a gun show in Kansas or Missouri you can meet a man who will order your firearm (or take yours), modify it to fire fully automatic (or select fire) and then modify for a sonic suppressor (silencer) for about 450$ above the cost of the firearm.
That was also the law in Indiana over 20 years ago. I don't know how many more states have the same laws.
john_galt is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:23 AM   #19
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

For KC country boy; it was explained to me that the ban on automatic weapons sunset a few years ago in Kansas. In the time between the sunset and a new law was adopted several hundred automatic weapons were brought into the state for sale. The gun shop owners challenged the new law saying that they had millions of dollars invested in these weapons. They claimed it was unfair and unconstitutional to make them all illegal after the fact. There was no grandfather clause in the new law. The court overturned the law and the legislature decided rather than go through the process again they would just sign on to the federal law which allows automatic weapons and (as a side note) sonic suppressors if the tax is paid.
john_galt is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:31 AM   #20
kccountryboy
Valued Poster

Thanks John. I was unsure of the specifics. I knew it allowed for now new automatic weapons, but was unsure the details outside of that. I believe in Missouri, it is legal to own fully automatic weapons as well, however, there is a recurring or annual tax I believe, and it his higher. Do you know if this is true, or even the specifics?
Old 01-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #21
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Gun control, hitting exactly what your aiming at, I am all for it.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:32 PM   #22
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Missouri law reads that they are illegal except where allowed by Federal Law, so in reality once you have applied for a federal purchers stamp through the ATF been approved and paid your $200.00 you can purchase one. You must have the stamp first, the appropiate copy is then sent to the Gun company of choice, they will then fill out the stamp and ship it and the weapon to a local dealer. You then pick it up from that store.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #23
i812-)
Account Disabled

Encounters: 12

Big Mike I carry, I have never drawn my weapon in a real life situation. I have drawn my weapon for shooting competitions. I dont think me carrying puts me in sticky situations. To me carrying is much like wearing a seat belt. I have never had to use it but want to know I can if the situation exists.

Also I think it was Ted Nuggent that said when you take away guns you create a society of victims as he talked about the Virigina Tech Shooting. My personal feeling is if I am in a sticky situation that requires me use a weapon at least I will have a fighitng chance and not be a victim unlike the 32 dead at VT. Should anyone not want to carry I hope some one around them does so they dont become a victim also.
i812-) is offline   Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:43 PM   #24
dirty dog
Valued Poster

"My personal feeling is if I am in a sticky situation that requires me use a weapon at least I will have a fighitng chance and not be a victim unlike the 32 dead at VT. Should anyone not want to carry I hope some one around them does so they dont become a victim also."

While I agree with you, some would say that if there were no guns then the 32 dead at VT would have not have needed a weapon. I am not one of them however and I agree that if I am not armed and something kicks off, I hope someone around me is.