Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70385
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40287
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 01-29-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
Danny117
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7
Default Paul Shirley we hardly new ye

I was listening to Dumb and Dumberer on 610 Sports the other afternon about Paul Shirley's comments or Letter to the Haiti people.

I don't want to think about his comments.

The only other thing I remember about Haiti in my life was when I was on a cruise ship about twenty years agon in the Carribean and we couldn't go to Labadee because of the Guerilla Warfare that was happening at the time in Haiti.

I don't know if Im appalled or not.

What do you guys think?
Danny117 is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
Guest072311
Account Disabled

What/who is Dumb and Dumberer and what did they say?
Guest072311 is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
kccountryboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

I personally think that Paul was not too far off the mark of what a lot of people already feel. Perhaps his letter to Haiti was a little unreasonable, but outside of that he had several valid points. Too often these days, countries, cultures, even towns and neighborhoods feel it is someone elses responsibility to give them aid. Often times these people look specifically to the US and our governments for that aid. We are now expected to give aid to anyone who asks for merely due to precedence. The problem is that our government and many people in this nation feel it is our responsibility to help everyone else as well. I would prefer that we use that money within our our borders first. Primarily with regard to vets. They gave a great deal, many their lives. I think that we should aid those returning from war,and the families of those who don't first and foremest with assistance before we look beyond our own shores.
Paul Shirley referenced two specific tragedies, one domestic, one international in his blog. I really need to find it. His letter to Haiti is easily found, but that is only a portion. Here is the entire blog:

http://www.flipcollective.com/2010/0...-paul-shirley/

Do I agree with the letter, only in part. Wording could have been much better as it is quite judgemental. He does, however; make valid points. We should not be expected, it is not the responsibility of the US, to automatically give aid without so much as a thank you.

Another point he made was Katrina. New Orleans is below sea level, on the shore line. A problem in and of itself. Blame was placed on the government for not maintaining the levees (sp?). Inhabitants claimed they needed aid, but did not heed warnings for days before to evacuate. Then, when placed in the stadium, the occupants of that city pilaged like neanderthals, killing, raping, and stealing from each other. Then the blame went to FEMA for not responding quickly enough. Perhaps they did not, I do not know, I wasn't there. I do remember occupants being warned for days to evacuate, many did not, but many did. I feel the situation could have been handled better. However, again, I was not there. We do need change, but how we go about that change is difficult to determine. I am not saying we should cut off aid, not at all. But lets try to take care of ourselves and accept some personal responsibility for our own failures before we blame someone else and EXPECT someone else to help.
kccountryboy is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
Danny117
Account Disabled

Dumb and Dumberer are Chris Hamblin and Cowboy on the afternoon show 2-6 on 610 sports.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #5
Danny117
Account Disabled

Well Said KCCountryboy
Old 01-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #6
kccountryboy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Thanks Danny