Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70418
biomed160570
Yssup Rider59931
gman4452934
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47550
pyramider46370
bambino40323
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35368
Mojojo33117

Old 08-05-2015, 08:18 AM   #1
HBG Platinum
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 99729
My ECCIE Reviews
Exclamation Running (on foot) after an accident in Texas. . .

I am from the East Coast and have been here visiting Texas for about a month. On two separate occasions, both in SA, I have noticed fender benders (were no one was hurt) and BOTH times I watched one the vehicles' occupants get out and run. In one case 5 people jumped out of the car and just ran! The other incident, out of an SUV (who was at fault) ran at least seven or eight people, maybe more (there were so many including kids and they literally jumped out of the SUV and scattered toward the nearest building so FAST).

What gives? Is this a normal occurrence in Texas? My guess would be that if you get in an accident and run - you have no insurance. Not sure what the penalty is here in Texas for no insurance. I'm guessing if you vacate the vehicle, not only will the police confiscate it, but I will assume that you have dirty plates and/or no current registration either.
HBG Platinum is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:23 AM   #2
rcinokc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 95

You didn't mention the nationality of the runners, but it could also be that they are not here legally.
rcinokc is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:23 AM   #3
HBG Platinum
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

That is correct. I intentionally did not mention nationality as not to offend anyone. Good point though. . . They very well may be here illegally.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:31 AM   #4
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181

Or that the vehicle may not actually be owned by the driver.

Smart vehicle operators in Texas are very willing to have insurance coverage, esp. UI coverage - uninsured insurance.
ck1942 is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:22 PM   #5
bobwhite
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 7

come back to boring old Wichita and spice it up for us. miss visiting you.
bobwhite is offline   Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 06:25 PM   #6
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default East Coast people don't understand the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBG Platinum View Post
I am from the East Coast and have been here visiting Texas for about a month. On two separate occasions, both in SA, I have noticed fender benders (were no one was hurt) and BOTH times I watched one the vehicles' occupants get out and run. In one case 5 people jumped out of the car and just ran! The other incident, out of an SUV (who was at fault) ran at least seven or eight people, maybe more (there were so many including kids and they literally jumped out of the SUV and scattered toward the nearest building so FAST).

What gives? Is this a normal occurrence in Texas? My guess would be that if you get in an accident and run - you have no insurance. Not sure what the penalty is here in Texas for no insurance. I'm guessing if you vacate the vehicle, not only will the police confiscate it, but I will assume that you have dirty plates and/or no current registration either.

Maybe you could forward this to Donald Trump for his next talk about what to do will illegal Mexicans.

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 07:40 AM   #7
HBG Platinum
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Donald Trump, no thanks. Some of his views are very distorted.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:17 AM   #8
instfixer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

They may not be here illegally...

as an example, if one is in Mexico and in a taxi cab, and there is an accident the riders are held to be responsible as well.
So in that case, throw some money at the taxi driver and RUN
instfixer is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:47 PM   #9
scanner67
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32

Could be on e of many things, some said above
1) Illegal in US
2) Don't have insurance
3) Don't have valid drivers licenense
4) Under the influence
5) Vehicle is not registered to them (when ever you sell a car, especially private sale, immediate transfer the registration to the new owner. DPS even has a form to fill out on line, even if you don't know all the info).
6). Any combination of the above
scanner67 is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:28 AM   #10
Bush Pilot
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

Quote:
That is correct. I intentionally did not mention nationality as not to offend anyone. Good point though. . . They very well may be here illegally.
Yes, Babe, I'm not one to tippy-toe around the margins of political correctness, so I'll say it: here in San Antonio we have quite a problem with those damned Canadians who swim across Lake Erie to settle here illegally.
Bush Pilot is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 04:08 AM   #11
uncut78xxx
Gaining Momentum

SA is a sanctuary city.... Nothing happens to them...
Warrants? Drunk? No insurance? No license?
SA blows when it comes to drivers...insanity
uncut78xxx is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:02 AM   #12
HBG Platinum
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

LOL. I'm originally from up North...Detroit, Michigan, so I know exactly what you mean!!
Old 08-07-2015, 08:32 AM   #13
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

User ID: 1650
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
...here visiting Texas for about a month. On two separate occasions, both in SA, I have noticed fender benders (were no one was hurt) and BOTH times I watched one the vehicles' occupants get out and run. ...
Funny....that was kind of similar to what happened to me in San Antonio some years back. A hit and run to my car (not a lot of damage to my car at the time) but they drove off. I followed them....to a fast food restaurant.

I got the manager at the restaurant to try and translate for me. I don't think I called the cops, but turns out they didn't have insurance so they ran. But it was a big hassle trying to communicate. I need to call Rosetta Stone. I think they were surprised I followed them.
tia travels is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:12 PM   #14
peter north77
Account Disabled

Encounters: 24

Paranoid?? That reminds of this big dude running down the street the other day ,guy on corner starts running behind him,a few more milling on the next corner join in,two more blocks there are eight dudes with him.one finally asks the big guy ,why we running.he said I'm running for exercise.
peter north77 is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 02:14 PM   #15
HBG Platinum
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter north77 View Post
Paranoid?? That reminds of this big dude running down the street the other day ,guy on corner starts running behind him,a few more milling on the next corner join in,two more blocks there are eight dudes with him.one finally asks the big guy ,why we running.he said I'm running for exercise.
LOL! Thanks for the laugh!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women