Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59903
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47512
pyramider46370
bambino40308
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 08-09-2022, 03:38 PM   #1
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Where the "deficits do not matter" mentality came. RR

Eventually one of you Reagan lovers will figure out the truth!

https://flaglerlive.com/8577/david-s...h-trickledown/

Keep in mind: Hayek is speaking his disillusion with the GOP’s misapplication of his theories in 1985. To this day he remains a favored mask of budget-wreckers pretending to be fiscally conservative while pushing for more tax cuts
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 04:59 PM   #2
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

This is good news WTF! One of the Saints of Classical Liberalism, Friederich von Hayek, has touched you. And I pray you have become a believer. If you take to heart the wisdom and teachings of Saint Friederich, then many rewards await you in the hereafter. And you shall not spend eternity in hell with Bernie Sanders.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 11:12 PM   #3
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

.who's saying deficits don't matter?
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 06:47 AM   #4
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
.who's saying deficits don't matter?
Everyone that wants tax cuts and to give away free money!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 06:50 AM   #5
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Eventually one of you Reagan lovers will figure out the truth!

https://flaglerlive.com/8577/david-s...h-trickledown/

Keep in mind: Hayek is speaking his disillusion with the GOP’s misapplication of his theories in 1985. To this day he remains a favored mask of budget-wreckers pretending to be fiscally conservative while pushing for more tax cuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
This is good news WTF! One of the Saints of Classical Liberalism, Friederich von Hayek, has touched you. And I pray you have become a believer. If you take to heart the wisdom and teachings of Saint Friederich, then many rewards await you in the hereafter. .
Sounds like you need to take a refresher course!

He is blowing up your take on tax cuts, especially as they pertain to Saint Ronald!!! More from the article and Friederich...

Back in 1981 David Stockman was the wonderkid of the Reagan administration–the director of the Office of Management and Budget who’d craft in actual budgets the trickle-down miracle Reagan had promised on the campaign trail: lower budgets, lower spending, higher tax revenue. But trickle-down economics was a wish, not a reality. It’s never worked. Lower taxes don’t generate more revenue. They generate deficits.

Reagan knew it. So did Stockman. So did their guru, Friederich von Hayek. The deficits were intentional all along. They were edsigned to “starve the beast,” meaning intentionally cut revenue as a way of pressuring Congress to cut the New Deal programs Reagan wanted to demolish. “The plan,” Stockman told Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan at the time, ” was to have a strategic deficit that would give you an argument for cutting back the programs that weren’t desired. It got out of hand.”

A 1985 interview with von Hayek in the March 25, 1985 issue of Profil 13, the Austrian journal, was just as revealing. Von Hayek sat for the interview while wearing a set of cuff links Reagan had presented him as a gift. “I really believe Reagan is fundamentally a decent and honest man,” von Hayek told his interviewer. “His politics? When the government of the United States borrows a large part of the savings of the world, the consequence is that capital must become scarce and expensive in the whole world. That’s a problem.” And in reference to Stockman, von Hayek said: “You see, one of Reagan’s advisers told me why the president has permitted that to happen, which makes the matter partly excusable: Reagan thinks it is impossible to persuade Congress that expenditures must be reduced unless one creates deficits so large that absolutely everyone becomes convinced that no more money can be spent.” Thus, he went on, it was up to Reagan to “persuade Congress of the necessity of spending reductions by means of an immense deficit. Unfortunately, he has not succeeded!!!” Those three exclamation points, unusually effusive for an economist, are in the original.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 08:02 AM   #6
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

More

"This debt explosion,” Stockman writes, “has resulted not from big spending by the Democrats, but instead the Republican Party’s embrace, about three decades ago, of the insidious doctrine that deficits don’t matter if they result from tax cuts.”
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 09:52 AM   #7
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
More

"This debt explosion,” Stockman writes, “has resulted not from big spending by the Democrats, but instead the Republican Party’s embrace, about three decades ago, of the insidious doctrine that deficits don’t matter if they result from tax cuts.”
You've noted that budget bills originate in the House. Which party controlled the House during the entirety of the Reagan Administration? That's a rhetorical question. You know the answer. Could that partly explain von Hayek's comment, that you quoted,

Reagan thinks it is impossible to persuade Congress that expenditures must be reduced unless one creates deficits so large that absolutely everyone becomes convinced that no more money can be spent.” Thus, he went on, it was up to Reagan to “persuade Congress of the necessity of spending reductions by means of an immense deficit. Unfortunately, he has not succeeded!!!

I know you think that's unimportant, because you believe spending doesn't matter. Instead we need to raise taxes. That's classic Modern Monetary Theory.

During the Reagan and Clinton administrations, inflation was brought under control, the middle class made great strides, taxes were cut (including the capital gains tax under Clinton), the Soviets were forced to abandon the cold war and allow Democracy to take root in Eastern Europe because they didn't have enough money to compete in the arms race, and at the end, the budget was balanced. Do you know what the net federal debt was as a % of GDP when Clinton left office? It was 32%. That's a reasonable number, one to be happy with.

And yes, Bush and the Republicans, and Obama and the Democrats turned on the spigots. The Iraq War was a total waste. There's lots of blame to go around for the 2008/2009 recession, and our anemic recovery coming out of it, which resulted in higher deficits as a result of bailouts, stimulus spending and lower government revenues. Who do you blame? A lot of people and institutions -- politicians, regulators, mortgage companies, and investment banks among others. And perhaps most of all Americans who thought it was reasonable to buy $500,000 houses on $50,000 per year paychecks.

And yes deficits and debt increased hugely during the Trump and Biden administrations, over past years, mostly as a result of COVID. And whose fault was that? Arguably Democrats a bit more than Republicans, considering the $1.9 trillion they threw into the American Rescue Plan, which mainly succeeded in supercharging inflation. Not a single Republican voted for the ARP.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 10:39 AM   #8
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

wtf sanders forgets who initiates spending.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 01:28 PM   #9
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
wtf sanders forgets who initiates spending.
I do not forget nor have I forgotten wtf veto means.

Soon I will do a line item veto of Tiny's nonsense and eviscerate his nativity on such matters.

For instance is propensity to try and shift blame to Democrats is akin to fucking two women bareback that have gonorrhea and blaming the ugly one for giving it to him. Just a complete shitshow.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 11:02 PM   #10
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
For instance is propensity to try and shift blame to Democrats is akin to fucking two women bareback that have gonorrhea and blaming the ugly one for giving it to him. Just a complete shitshow.
Excellent analogy! Every fat, ugly woman who gave me the clap was a Democrat.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 11:04 PM   #11
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

Soon I will do a line item veto of Tiny's nonsense and eviscerate his nativity on such matters.
The angels wept tears of joy at Ronald Reagan’s nativity. He was one of God’s greatest gifts to America.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 09:09 AM   #12
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

WTF, btw, One or both of the likes for your last post (can't remember whether I liked it on my cell phone too) were from me. That was pretty good, about the gonorrhea.

Also please take my suggestions for improving your vocabulary and grammar (e.g. "nativity") constructively. You're the only one here with the temerity to go up against LustyLad on economic issues, and I'm just trying to improve your chances.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 01:56 PM   #13
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
WTF, btw, One or both of the likes for your last post (can't remember whether I liked it on my cell phone too) were from me. That was pretty good, about the gonorrhea.

Also please take my suggestions for improving your vocabulary and grammar (e.g. "nativity") constructively. You're the only one here with the temerity to go up against LustyLad on economic issues, and I'm just trying to improve your chances.
To stay in the spirit, I'll think of both your likes as early Christmas presents.

That said, you should know I have ADHD , rarely proof read and am perfectly fine getting close to the intended word. You would be too if you always posted from your phone (half the time while driving) and understood this is a political forum and not a grammar class.

lustylad like all Reagan followers , is easy to best. They've parroted the same nonsense for the last 40 years. Cut taxes, Cut taxes...and then blame Democrats for not cutting spending!

And I always know when they're bested because they want to change the subject to my grammar instead of numbers.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 02:09 PM   #14
biomed1
Administrator

Encounters: 32
Default Members Are Reminded . . .

To return to the Original Topic . . .
Quote:
#6 - Respect the topics presented by those who start a thread. Attempts to derail a thread or change it's direction is referred to as thread hijack and will be discouraged. Attempts to guide a thread in the right direction are appreciated, while responses to posts which hijack a thread are not.
biomed1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 01:47 PM   #15
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

The orginal topic is too difficult for Tiny to fathom. It means all these decades of believing in the Tooth Fairy are for naught!

Come on Tiny....I'll walk you through these troubling times. Tax cuts are the reason to these huge deficits. We have trained a nation of so called economic guru's into believing that tax cuts INCREASE revenue!
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women