Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70409
biomed160545
Yssup Rider59915
gman4452927
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47533
pyramider46370
bambino40317
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35352
Mojojo33117

Old 08-30-2011, 04:07 AM   #1
Sarunga
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28
Arrow A humble suggestion to the Moderators for better Moderation: Due Process

OK....so, as the title states, this is a humble suggestion I would like to make to the Mods based on my own experiences....and after seeing all the discussions about the role of the Mods, the RTM button, etc. Clearly, the Mods have a useful role to play on this board and so does the RTM button. This suggestion is meant as a possible means for improving the moderation.

Let me chronicle my experiences first. Since I joined ECCIE, I have been served swift disciplinary measures on three separate occasions....swift being the keyword here. Yes....I've been busy....well, because I truly enjoy the interactions (in the Houston Forums related to my locality: best city on the planet ) while exchanging information.

On the first occasion....I deserved it.....[yes, I'll be the first one to admit].....because I was being "cocky". On the second and third occasions however....with all due respect to the Houston Mods....I believe I was undeserving of the measures. The third occasion....where I was banned....is a very interesting one.....whose outcome is what actually motivated me into making this suggestion.

On this occasion, although the Mods took swift action....or rather....were perhaps "persuaded" to do so.....what they subsequently did to remedy the situation is highly commendable....and has restored my faith in mankind. In fact, their subsequent actions clearly demonstrate.....consistency......balance.....and most importantly.....impartiality. I salute you guys for that.

Here's the really heart warming thing about it. As far as the wider ECCIE community is concerned....I'm a nobody. I don't know any of you personally.....OK well....except perhaps.....for a few delightful ladies. I'm just another member.....who has posted a few reviews....some comments.....and written a couple of chronicles....no big deal. And as such, to be treated by these Mods in the same manner as any other seasoned member.....to me.....is quite humbling....and reveals very noble human qualities.

So now, after having restored my faith in the "system".....I truly believe that we could probably improve it. Here's my suggestion: when a member is deemed to have committed a violation....instead of serving swift disciplinary measures.....how about giving the alleged offender an opportunity to explain his/her actions? In fact, even in our renowned justice system, a person who is suspected of murder is given a day in courts.....for "due process".....before carrying out a conviction or an exoneration. So, why not follow a similar process here.

Of course, in cases where it's obvious that a violation has been committed....for example, outing someone's personal info.....swift action is definitely warranted….I'm not talking about those. I'm talking about the grey areas....where the last two of my alleged offenses would clearly fall into.....subject to interpretation. On both these occasions, had I been given the opportunity to explain my actions....I'm pretty sure we could have resolved these in a more amicable manner.....with much less time and effort.

So, in a nutshell, what I'm suggesting is....in disciplinary issues....where there is some uncertainty or doubt....to give the alleged offender the opportunity to explain.....before taking any measures.

I believe that this "due process" would certainly improve the quality of the moderation, and in doing so help to develop a more harmonious relationship between the Mods and the wider membership. Yes....this would require more time and effort than when taking swift measures. However, this extra time and effort may turn out to be much less than what would be required to resolve an apparent dispute in the long run....thereby reducing the burden on the Mods.

My sincere hope is that this would make ECCIE an even more enjoyable place to be.....for everybody....newbies....oldies ....and Mods alike.

Finally, let me thank the Houston Mods again for their noble actions....keep up the good work guys!
Sarunga is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
Omahan
Secretary of State

You would need ten times as many moderators to do what you suggest.
Omahan is offline   Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:54 AM   #3
Sarunga
Valued Poster

Arrow One Layer of Due Process

Actually this process does not have to be a mammoth task or a long drawn one. It could include just "one layer" of due process.

Let me chronicle a possible scenario of events:

1. Member X posts a comment.

2. Member Y finds it offensive and reports to the Mods.

3. Mods consider the complaint.

4a. If there is no doubt about the offensive nature, take disciplinary action.

OR

4b. If there is reasonable doubt, PM Member X requesting an explanation.

5. Member X offers an explanation.

6. Mods consider the explanation together with the complaint and make a decision....either to take disciplinary action or ignore the complaint.

End of scenario.

Events 4b to 6 constitute the single layer of due process, which is not necessarily long-drawn.

Considering that this is a Message Board where comments are always subject to interpretation, in fairness to all, this provides an opportunity for the alleged offender to respond.

I think the most critical step here is determining whether there is reasonable doubt.

Given that people are not born bad....and generally there are always two sides to a story....I would say that pretty much anything other than outing someone's personal info may fall into this category....but that of course is my subjective opinion.

I hope this helps.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarunga View Post
......Here's the really heart warming thing about it. As far as the wider ECCIE community is concerned....I'm a nobody......
Never heard of you..........I'm just saying.

I had a moderator ask me to discuss in private.......I told him to fuck off (in private). I guess he didn't like my discussion process........after my vacation, he felt much better.
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:02 AM   #5
Sarunga
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearhunter View Post
I had a moderator ask me to discuss in private.......I told him to fuck off (in private). I guess he didn't like my discussion process........after my vacation, he felt much better.
Well, I'm not too surprised DH......by the response either.

Hey, sorry for not joining the Spider Hole. I think I already spend enough time in the Open & Semi-Private. Any more active participation would kill my livelihood.

Always enjoy your "pun" though.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #6
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

You did yourself a favor by declining the invite.......not all roads lead to Rome.
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #7
petiteassman
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33
Default not to get off topic

but who is that in your avatar. she looks increible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarunga View Post
Well, I'm not too surprised DH......by the response either.

Hey, sorry for not joining the Spider Hole. I think I already spend enough time in the Open & Semi-Private. Any more active participation would kill my livelihood.

Always enjoy your "pun" though.
petiteassman is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:36 AM   #8
Anita Lay
BANNED

User ID: 95934
My ECCIE Reviews

I had some similar circumstances but was allowed to redeem myself. It also helps alot when you have another provider come to your defense when she really knows you. I have had issues expressing myself as being funny and it come across as being bad taste. My username is a good example. People that really know me can tell others that its meant is a joking manner but first impressions means the most.
This place is forgiving and thats why they let me back on here and I did say I was Sorry. good luck and it takes time.
Anita Lay is offline   Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:44 AM   #9
Sarunga
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by petiteassman View Post
but who is that in your avatar. she looks increible
Sorry, can't help you with that, assman......and yes, she is incredible.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:03 AM   #10
herfacechair
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

I like the due process idea.

I got an infraction for something that didn't constitute a violation. I looked at the "violating" post, and checked the guidelines. When I didn't find a connection, I challenged the moderator to prove his action. He consistently failed to do so, implying that I should just move on.

This lead to a series of exchanges that resulted in me contacting the administrators/owners.

So what can you take from this?

If you feel that a moderator's actions are "unjust," try to work with the moderators. If the moderator refuses to work with you, or they become difficult and abusive, contact those above them.
herfacechair is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #11
hookem69horns
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

I like the Due Process idea but ... I'd also like to see some definitive listing of the Points System, when they expire and at what levels are more serious actions taken by the Mods.

I rec'd my first infraction today for replying to a post, only once I replied to the post I realized the thread was old, and was techinically bumped by the guy in front of me but ... I got a 5-point infraction. I won't argue the penalty, but I'd like to know how long I'm on double secret probation ... I mean, it is silly to have "penalties" but not post the Point System and aspects including how long they stay on your account, ie like "probation" ...
hookem69horns is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #12
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem69horns View Post
I like the Due Process idea but ... I'd also like to see some definitive listing of the Points System, when they expire and at what levels are more serious actions taken by the Mods.

I rec'd my first infraction today for replying to a post, only once I replied to the post I realized the thread was old, and was techinically bumped by the guy in front of me but ... I got a 5-point infraction. I won't argue the penalty, but I'd like to know how long I'm on double secret probation ... I mean, it is silly to have "penalties" but not post the Point System and aspects including how long they stay on your account, ie like "probation" ...
In your case, on this infraction the 5 points expire 03-30-2012. You can always ask a mod to answer your questions.
I can't disagree with your other comments. Personally I would love to see them made public so everyone can see all the sins committed. But none of our names are on the homepage either.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #13
simpleton
Valued Poster

My ECCIE Reviews

Be carefull out here in the other part of eccie. They aren't as easy going as Houston. You can get points for not using proper spelling.
simpleton is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #14
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleton View Post
You can get points for not using proper spelling.
Is that a fact, Sir? I'm looking at your infraction file, please elaborate.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:09 AM   #15
Chainsaw Anthropologist
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleton View Post
Be carefull out here in the other part of eccie. They aren't as easy going as Houston. You can get points for not using proper spelling.
If that the case eighty-five per cent of posters here would be on "vacation".

Chainsaw Anthropologist is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women