Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59857
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Old 09-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #31
Iron Butterfly
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
I have tried to figure out who the mysterious High Profile Member is that would paint a target on trees back..... I went back and read a couple of months worth of posts in search of a story I missed. It's not on the surface to be seen.
So as you take on head investigator of this site I would think you will be spending a great amount of time seeking out this high profile member (mod killer, your words, not mine) as you are in lynching Trees.

Let's see, high profile members, being there are not a lot of members that are regular posters here in Austin this should be easy.

I think it is odd that this high profile member hasn't posted in this thread IJS

So please Let us know who this is as soon as you dig him up..... you know for the better of the community, we don't want to step on the wrong toes here, again IJS

IB
Iron Butterfly is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #32
Whispers
Hope I haven't bored you!

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Butterfly View Post
So as you take on head investigator of this site I would think you will be spending a great amount of time seeking out this high profile member (mod killer, your words, not mine) as you are in lynching Trees.

Actually... I am very interested to hear that story as I had to scratch my head about who around here had that kind of pull as well as could topple a mod that slept with his girl......

Let's see, high profile members, being there are not a lot of members that are regular posters here in Austin this should be easy.

I think it is odd that this high profile member hasn't posted in this thread IJS

So please Let us know who this is as soon as you dig him up..... you know for the better of the community, we don't want to step on the wrong toes here, again IJS

IB

If I thought Trees was being railroaded for the simple mistake of tapping some guys special reserve I would be interested in running down that path..... Honestly... I think THAT is something Trees may have wanted in the way he uses it as the excuse for his being dumped so fast..

I think Trees story at the moment is one more of simple misdirection..... wanting us to look over there rather than over here.

But should I discover that we have a high profile member capable of such a hatchet job I will probably bring it up.
Whispers is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #33
Iron Butterfly
Valued Poster

Ok so I will give you also the benefit of a doubt as to getting to the bottom of this. If it turns out there was something fishy and it needed to be brought to the attention of the community then you will get my applause and respect.

But if this turns out to be a farce and a railroad of a member just for pure entertainment, I will loos any respect and I would hope that more would feel the same. It is one thing to beat a guy down for liking a specific type of lady, or the fact that he spells does like dose, all fun and part of the game but when it becomes a witch-hunt then that should not be taken lightly. So lets see how this plays out.

IB
Old 09-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #34
Whispers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Butterfly View Post
..... if this turns out to be a farce and a railroad of a member just for pure entertainment, I will loose any respect and I would hope that more would feel the same.

So lets see how this plays out.

IB
I have been around these boards since 1999 and have never "railroaded" a member purely for the entertainment value. I've been called a lot of things but in the long run, with thousands and thousands of posts spanning over 13 years.....no one has ever been able to show any information I have presented to not be accurate.

I just received a "Thank-you" PM from one of the ladies for starting this thread that adds to the other 2 PMs already received from guys for a total of 4 separate people that have provided information that all tends support the same story which is not remotely the story that Trees has told us here.

What has been said would have probably been alerted publicly long ago had Trees NOT been a Mod. But people seem to be afraid for some reason. Certainly one can understand that a Mod might be feared for the retaliation that might follow being pissed off..... But an "Ex Mod"?

I guess some fear/concern lay in the fact that Mods tend to know some secrets. Ex Mods have some level of dirt on a lot of people.

Trees does himself no service in regards to claiming to be so fair and/ or noble when he makes comments like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Trees View Post
Trees has decided to keep the name of the provider and the entire story mum for now. If she speaks up, so too may Trees. If not, Trees will let sleeping dogs lie. The fact that we know each other's RW identities, does not help matters to the contrary it has potential to create larger problems that seem best avoided.
What purpose did that comment serve in the context of the post?

I would see it as as subtle threat......
Old 09-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #35
19Trees
Valued Poster

Encounters: 61

There are many reasons ECCIE's owners may have accepted Trees resignation in 6 hours. To wit:

+ Trees-as-mod was not low profile.

+ Trees posts and reviews contain info that may have pushed the envelope on detail. Principals know that site is closely watched. There may be cause to dial-back or hold the line? If principal(s) were to argue privately "Trees has big mouth" it would be justified by Trees posting history. Details (particularly in some legal contexts) might count for a lot?

+ In Staff Forums, Trees challenged decisions made upstairs, questioned whether those were good for the Austin Community and for ECCIE, or rather whether decisions would cleave us? Since decisions had already been made, Trees post may have been seen as spitting on a new train car as it races down the tracks. Trees post in Staff Forum used language and included points directed at ECCIE's principals. Whether received as inculpating or arrogant would be speculative, but not far fetched. The issue/decision that Trees challenged is dear to one famous hobbyist who may or may not be an ECCIE principal but in any event has their ear, whereas Trees may have had their ire? Trees had his girl. Cannot unring a bell.

+ Trees failed to heed the most sensible advice posted here http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=682553

Trees does not have any information from ECCIE's principals as to "why" Trees resignation was accepted in 6 hours and not 36. Usually when "employees" express intention to quit, their companies immediately revoke access to email, secure entry cards, etc. Why? Companies cannot be sure, or not, whether the ex might become cross wise to the company. Mods are NOT employees of ECCIE and respondeat superior would not apply. But still.

Trees recognizes, hypothetically, that some companies who provide facilitating services can be small and large at same time. Small because controlled by a few, often family-owned --- but large because hundreds of millions of dollars of "economic value" are unleashed by virtue of the company's unique offerings.

Challenging the family sometimes causes loss of seat at family dinner table. Trees knew of the (possible) consequences of doing so in advance. Posted it anyway because it was substantively justified. Whether most of the community might have agreed with Trees (they would) - - or not - - is really beside the point.

Trees resigned as mod and did so in a way that made it easy for ECCIE's principals to quickly remove Trees mod helmet. Would have appreciated more dignified exit from modtardary, but if it were that important to have a quiet, graceful exit Trees would have published less. To this extent, Trees did place the target on his own trunk.

Whispers. Thank you for this thread. It has created for Trees opportunity to synthesize in way that is more constructive and destructive so far. Your own personal agenda aside, Trees also recognizes that innuendo and rumors and this fishing exposition might lead to catching of a fish. Lets just hope its fresh and not stinky.

19Trees
19Trees is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #36
Iron Butterfly
Valued Poster

Innocent until proven guilty!

IB
Old 09-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #37
rockerrick
Account Disabled

Encounters: 63

Would you say the same about a cop kicked off the force ?
Or would it have already been proven internally , and the reason they got the boot ?
rockerrick is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #38
Iron Butterfly
Valued Poster

This is a hooker board not a municipal police department, don't see the relevance, sorry. Plus a real world organization has a little more credibility then a board like this

IB
Old 09-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #39
rockerrick
Account Disabled

Encounters: 63

What the relevance is , he was tried and convicted by the hooker board owners .
He's playing the victim card .
rockerrick is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #40
Iron Butterfly
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerrick View Post
What the relevance is , he was tried and convicted by the hooker board owners .
Were you on the jury?

IB
Old 09-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #41
Whispers

Quote:
There are many reasons ECCIE's owners may have accepted Trees resignation in 6 hours. To wit:

+ Trees-as-mod was not low profile. We've had far worse. Sixxbach was beyond low profile. He was hard core and in people's face.

+ Trees posts and reviews contain info that may have pushed the envelope on detail. Principals know that site is closely watched. There may be cause to dial-back or hold the line? If principal(s) were to argue privately "Trees has big mouth" it would be justified by Trees posting history. Details (particularly in some legal contexts) might count for a lot?

I doubt it. There is far more graphic details in other cities and I highly doubt they look at Austin differently than Houston

+ In Staff Forums, Trees challenged decisions made upstairs, questioned whether those were good for the Austin Community and for ECCIE, or rather whether decisions would cleave us? Since decisions had already been made, Trees post may have been seen as spitting on a new train car as it races down the tracks. Trees post in Staff Forum used language and included points directed at ECCIE's principals. Whether received as inculpating or arrogant would be speculative, but not far fetched. The issue/decision that Trees challenged is dear to one famous hobbyist who may or may not be an ECCIE principal but in any event has their ear, whereas Trees may have had their ire? Trees had his girl. Cannot unring a bell.

If so You ran a lot together there. Outside of pushing owners buttons instead of being supportive I kind of doubt your supposed hatchet job by another member had anything to do with it.

+ Trees failed to heed the most sensible advice posted here http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=682553

Trees does not have any information from ECCIE's principals as to "why" Trees resignation was accepted in 6 hours and not 36. Usually when "employees" express intention to quit, their companies immediately revoke access to email, secure entry cards, etc. Why? Companies cannot be sure, or not, whether the ex might become cross wise to the company. Mods are NOT employees of ECCIE and respondeat superior would not apply. But still.

Trees recognizes, hypothetically, that some companies who provide facilitating services can be small and large at same time. Small because controlled by a few, often family-owned --- but large because hundreds of millions of dollars of "economic value" are unleashed by virtue of the company's unique offerings.

Challenging the family sometimes causes loss of seat at family dinner table. Trees knew of the (possible) consequences of doing so in advance. Posted it anyway because it was substantively justified. Whether most of the community might have agreed with Trees (they would) - - or not - - is really beside the point.

Trees resigned as mod and did so in a way that made it easy for ECCIE's principals to quickly remove Trees mod helmet. Would have appreciated more dignified exit from modtardary, but if it were that important to have a quiet, graceful exit Trees would have published less. To this extent, Trees did place the target on his own trunk.

Whispers. Thank you for this thread. It has created for Trees opportunity to synthesize in way that is more constructive and destructive so far. Your own personal agenda aside, Trees also recognizes that innuendo and rumors and this fishing exposition might lead to catching of a fish. Lets just hope its fresh and not stinky.

19Trees
You are welcome. Lots more Spin here.

Are you open for some direct questions based on the current stories circulating?
Old 09-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #42
Loxly
Valued Poster

Encounters: 49

No stake or interest other than this thread underscores my long held belief that Mods should have complete anonymity with IDs separate from their hobbying.

In Mod-mode they should just enforce the rules of the site...period. No endorsements or commentary outside of clarifying rules.

If the confidentiality of the Mod is breached then it becomes a decision on the part of Mangement to either remove the Mod or alter thier ID.

If Management has determined that there has been actions by the Mod in question, that jeapordized the security of members, or the site, then it should be their responsibility to notify those members so they can take action for their own safety and/or security.

There is enough back-channeling and pillow talk where details can be shared for those interested.

I think I'm still sitting in the corner with IB on this wondering what the point is. What's going to be accomplished by this?
Loxly is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #43
Reincarnated
Valued Poster

Encounters: 76

Since he is no longer on the board as a Mod Whispers, why not take this conversation private, maybe even a phone call? I don't think many of us, if any, really care what he did at this point, don't cha think?
Reincarnated is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #44
19Trees
Valued Poster

Encounters: 61

Loxly,

When Trees was invited to be mod, made a request for a new handle. A mod handle. The answer was no. We don't do it that way Trees best recalls as reasoning against the approach? Seemed sensible.

Argued that Mod handle would never post or hobby using the "mod handle" ... The Mod Handle would be used exclusively to Admin functions, points, moving/closing threads, processing member requests through Admin, etc. Since the individual with the 'mod handle' would agree up front not to use it to post/hobby, etc., opportunities for abuse and.or confusions in the community would disappear. Its compelling way, thanks for validating what was Trees best judgement/instinct at the time.

By allowing mods to moderate and hobby under same handle, its fairly easy to paint target on self, and.or have it painted on us. To wit.

Trees also believes many functions performed by mods would be better done (at the first instance) by our power users. Crowdsourced moderating?

In terms of "reputation management" if Bob Hobby has a strong, well-respected handle with hopes to maintain or grow its value, consider that the handle is far more likely to be weakened during/after modtardary.

Some peeps like to throw darts. Being a moderator and being an ex-moderator makes one a dart board. Trees knew that when accepting invitation to be volunteer for ECCIE. Was a risk Trees saw, understood, expected and accepted.

Anomymizing mods handles is a great idea that is ready for prime time.

19Trees
19Trees is offline   Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #45
VictoriaLyn
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2709
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
In terms of "reputation management" if Bob Hobby has a strong, well-respected handle with hopes to maintain or grow its value, consider that the handle is far more likely to be weakened during/after modtardary.
I don't know if it was because I was a female mod/provider/admin but now that I am just a provider I found the opposite to be true after modtardary....
VictoriaLyn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women