Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70471
biomed161009
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47758
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-30-2016, 09:08 AM   #1
Sir Lancehernot
Just another guy

Encounters: 65
Default Advantages of WhatsApp?

I noticed that Anabella mentions WhatsApp in her ad here: http://fortworth.backpage.com/BodyRu...-edad/38496507

(In case you're wondering, she does speak perfect English, too.)

I had not seen her ad when I met her and Viviana (who does not mention WhatsApp in her ad) last week and so did not have the chance to ask her -- ready for this? -- WhatsApp with that?

Okay, puntime over. More seriously, I don't know much about WhatsApp. It looks like a texting app. Is there anything about it that would lend itself to more effective screening or communication between providers and clients?
Sir Lancehernot is online now   Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:54 AM   #2
FunInDFW
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

It's a big data/information collection app, basically. Would not recommend it for hobbying. It's a great alternative texting app for personal use, though.

IIRC, it only costs $.99 per year, but they make their big bucks from selling data they collect. So much so, that Facebook bought them because they were getting data Facebook wasn't able to. Here are some quick links that might help more:

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/0...the-test/?_r=0

http://www.pcworld.com/article/21425...book-deal.html

edit: Also, pretty sure WhatsApp will auto-check to see any number you've called or texted is also a WhatsApp user and will show them in the WhatsApp contacts. Probably with whatever information they have tied to them, as well.
FunInDFW is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:09 AM   #3
Sir Lancehernot
Just another guy

Encounters: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunInDFW View Post
It's a big data/information collection app, basically. Would not recommend it for hobbying. It's a great alternative texting app for personal use, though.
Thanks. Why would someone use it? Why go to the (admittedly slight) bother of signing up for a service when your phone already has a texting app, or you can download and install others that don't require registration?
Sir Lancehernot is online now   Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:14 AM   #4
FunInDFW
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot View Post
Thanks. Why would someone use it? Why go to the (admittedly slight) bother of signing up for a service when your phone already has a texting app, or you can download and install others that don't require registration?
'Registration' is as simple as tying it to your phone number. You get a free trial I believe for a rather long time; but then you just make a normal purchase like you would any other app. It's simple. I want to say WhatsApp was/is the biggest non-standard (see: comes stock with your phone) text/message app.

Also, I believe usage of this app does not go to your phone/plan text limitations. Any messages sent or received are done through mobile data (so they take up data usage, instead of text usage). These apps are quite popular for plans that have something like 300 texts per month or whatever. It's also really easy to set up group chats. Sure you can message a single person; but you can set up a group as if it were a room and invite only those you want to participate in it. Handles pictures, videos, and other media well for all those included too.

The app has come a long way since inception. I think you can make voice calls and all kinds of other stuff now.

For your reading pleasure: http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/...popular-n34141
FunInDFW is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:47 AM   #5
bored@home
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

I have had it for awhile and use with international friends or when abroad. It does latch on to contacts so would not use it for this realm. More options and less limitations than the out of the box sms applications but nothing super spectacular.
bored@home is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 12:00 PM   #6
nosweat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 60

It sucks; is not secure and I would highly recommend NOT using it.
If you want a secure messaging app suggest telegraph- Google it and you will find some of those terrorist assholes in the Middle East use it because it is so secure... Was just on 60 Minutes.. Can be used for more pleasurable experiences as well... And I use a burner app..
nosweat is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 12:07 PM   #7
OldGrump
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

I looked at it but did not install it because of it's vast data collection. The advantages are that you can see if your friends are nearby and chat with them. A chat app usually has more features than just texting. It is NOT a way to be UTR.
OldGrump is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 12:11 PM   #8
Billogoods
Premium Access

Encounters: 75

My ATF massage gal recommended it. Her Engrish no so good. (Her words, not mine) It is a Chinese app that translates your English (or other language) into Chinese. So, I can text her in Engrish & she can read it & respond in Chinese. I have not tried it. So, I can neither confirm or deny.
Billogoods is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 12:48 PM   #9
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Its great for international communications where regular texting is unavailable or prohibitively expense. For domestic use...not much point in using it when most all carriers plans are free unlimited texts. Plus WhatsApp it eats up some plan data as its using the internet for the messaging, but so does Google Voice and the others.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 01:08 PM   #10
Billogoods
Premium Access

Encounters: 75

Thanks for all this great info. The Bishop would have been furious when my phone bill went over the diocese budget and the congregants started getting SPAM from all the dating services.
Billogoods is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 03:24 PM   #11
projectbliss
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
Its great for international communications where regular texting is unavailable or prohibitively expense. For domestic use...not much point in using it when most all carriers plans are free unlimited texts. Plus WhatsApp it eats up some plan data as its using the internet for the messaging, but so does Google Voice and the others.
I agree with this - WhatsApp is owned by Facebook - so probably not a good idea to use for the hobby.

That being said, I have a lot of friends overseas and we can text back and forth without paying the insane international texting rates.
projectbliss is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:24 PM   #12
billw1032
Valued Poster

I got WhatsApp while a friend was overseas and voice/text rates were high. The great thing about it is that you can text or even talk with only a WiFi connection and not use phone minutes or text quota. Did not know it was owned by Facebook, though, and that does make me a bit nervous. I'm not chatting about anything or with anyone that I would worry about, though. And btw, so far as I know I haven't paid anything for it.
billw1032 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:42 PM   #13
projectbliss
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Yep: Facebook bought it for 19 billion dollars... http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/19/tech...book-whatsapp/

You get a year free and then it is only 99 cents a year - but I'm not sure really if they have ever charged me either.

I don't send anything questionable over phone ever - but certainly wouldn't over whatsapp.

For the newbies out there - get a burner phone for all hobby communications.
projectbliss is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:56 PM   #14
Lumpini
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 325564
My ECCIE Reviews

555 .... LINE.
Lumpini is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:51 PM   #15
FunInDFW
Valued Poster