Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 05-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #16
jackbeingbad
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Would like to add to the burner phone supporters. Remember to only use the phones that don't require you to set up an account.(many countries are making laws against accountless phones because of how hard to track they are)

I don't have a SO currently but the last time I lived with someone I hid my hobby phone in a gun case since she hated my guns.

But the hobby phone could mess you up if you have a live in SO. I'm not sure of how else to hide one if you're married.
jackbeingbad is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:53 AM   #17
jframe2
Valued Poster

"But the hobby phone could mess you up if you have a live in SO. I'm not sure of how else to hide one if you're married."

Not really that hard to keep the burn phone hidden.
How about this-
- remove all contact info from the phone.
- remove the battery from the burn phone when not in use and keep the phone and battery in different locations;
- hide the burn phone in plain sight; drawer full of electronic cables in the shop or garage, etc;
- only insert the battery a couple of hours before a date.

And as to registering your phone, there are still plenty of providers that do not require any registration. And for the phones that do, nothing preventing you from putting in incorrect information.
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #18
mike21047
Registered Member

Encounters: 6
Default Google Voice letting numbers slip through?

I've used GV linked to a hobby email account for a couple of years for my very occasional hobby activities. I configured GV to display only my GV number in all circumstances of incoming and outgoing calls and thought that would be sufficient. I've have never had anyone return calls to my real number, and the incoming calls to my phone display only the GV number. (I have lots of work calls on that phone and am confident that the GV number showing up on my cell phone bill would never be a problem with my non-suspicious SO.)

But the comments concern me, so could someone elaborate a bit on the "number slipping through" problem? (Someone who had a problem with GV allowing your real number show up on the called party's ID.)

Thanks in advance,
Mike
mike21047 is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #19
Lil Oral Annie
Account Disabled

User ID: 83529
My ECCIE Reviews

Ok imagine this (it's happened to me but luckily not in the hobby):

You have all your settings set up in GV.

You're on a call that came through on your GV.

You get call 2 through GV at the same time as call 1, you could cause a glitch with GV and your real cell phone number could be given out to the GV caller.

OR...........

You are on call 1 on GV, and call 2 comes into your real cell phone number, this could cause a glitch to where call 2 can get your GV number and then be utterly confused as they were calling to your real cell phone number.

It can work either way. It's happened to me.

It's best to set up your personal cell phone's voicemail AND your GV voicemail with a blank recording (noise like paper rustling) where you have to record your name AND where you record an outgoing voicemail. That way if it does glitch, you won't have any personal info or numbers being given out and it will seem as if it's just one number.

I've been using GV since it was Grand Central and I love it, but I have figured out how to fix the problems since it is a free service and I can't complain too much. I absolutely love it.

Also, make sure if you are using a smart phone with a GV app, that you set the settings to always check which number you want to call from. If you are using a cheap little gophone or something, you won't be able to use the app, so you will always need to initiate the call from your GV in a browser. You'd hate to give your real cell phone number due to ignorance in not knowing that GV just doesn't automatically mask your number.

Good luck with GV. I really love it and if you learn how it works, you won't have any problems.
Lil Oral Annie is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #20
toehead
MHF the Perfect SB

Encounters: 18
Default Text Carries Real #?

I've communicated with others who were texting from their GV account and I can see a different number in the text message than the number they gave me. I asked one about it and she seemed flustered. Is this the real cell number showing on the text?

Anyone seen this?
toehead is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #21
Lil Oral Annie
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

The long number that shows first is the masking number... don't ask me why they do this, but then after you see their actual number... the other person never sees it... They only see your actual GV number. I know..it's odd.. but I've never had someone ask me why there's like 30 numbers. lol
Old 05-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #22
Calvinx
Premium Access

Encounters: 3

I have an Android phone, so I use the Google Voice app to send text msgs to make sure my real number doesn't come through. Make sure to text through the GV app and set the phone to ask if you wish to make calls using GV or not. It's pretty easy.

Back to the OP's question, it's all about risk in my opinion. I'll explain.

I'm single and only see well established ladies. I don't take risks with seeing anybody that doesn't have a good history. Being single, I don't have anybody to worry about looking through my phone. As a result, I feel it's worth the risk of using GV for the convenience.

However.... if I had a SO, or if I were taking more risks in regards to who I was seeing, jframe2 is dead on about all the precautions to take. A burner phone is definitely the way to go.

Funny thing when I started trying to get into the hobby. I got a burner phone and left it on a side table at home. A buddy dropped by to drink a few and hang out one night. He saw the phone and started asking why I would need a burner phone and asked if I was okay. LOL
Calvinx is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:09 AM   #23
Lil Oral Annie
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I just got the new iphone 4s and am trying to figure out how to get my settings back to where they were on my android. It really sucks. It doesn't ask me if I want to set it to where it always asks which # I want to call from, nor can I make calls from my phone via my GV. It's very weird. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears/eyes.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #24
BBWsoccermom
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 126449
My ECCIE Reviews

I have the iPhone for my personal use & GV forwarded to my phone. I get calls from GV just like I normally would. Here's the biggest problem I run into.. I prefer not to talk on the phone & advertise TEXT ONLY.. Occasionally when someone contacts me that also has GV or GT (google text) their google number comes thru for me, I can't text them back or they will get my real number. It's happened a few times. Not sure why, some type of glitch I guess. When I have texted back, they have gotten freaked out wondering why a different (my real number) was texting them back than the one they sent a message to. Other than that, it's great. Not a lot of people have GT so it works 4 the most part. If I answer the phone in that situation my real number is still protected for some reason..
BBWsoccermom is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #25
Calvinx
Premium Access

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWsoccermom View Post
Occasionally when someone contacts me that also has GV or GT (google text) their google number comes thru for me, I can't text them back or they will get my real number.

What I've learned is to ignore the text window that pops up with the incoming GT msgs and use the Google Voice app on the phone to send msgs. On my Android phone, both the inbound and outbound msgs do show in a window like the regular msging app on the phone.

As far as calling on GV, I'm able to make a setting on the phone give me the option of whether I want to place calls with GV or not. For a non-android phone, I had to use the GV app itself or go to the webpage to place calls.
Calvinx is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:54 AM   #26
BBWsoccermom
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 126449
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinx View Post
What I've learned is to ignore the text window that pops up with the incoming GT msgs and use the Google Voice app on the phone to send msgs. On my Android phone, both the inbound and outbound msgs do show in a window like the regular msging app on the phone.

As far as calling on GV, I'm able to make a setting on the phone give me the option of whether I want to place calls with GV or not. For a non-android phone, I had to use the GV app itself or go to the webpage to place calls.
Thanks! Unfortunately for me, my iPhone is unlocked & my carrier is T-Mobile so all of those features are unavailable to me.
BBWsoccermom is offline   Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #27
Lil Oral Annie
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Calvin, that's what I've figured with the iphone... you don't have that option of which # you want it to dial from.. *blah* Thanks, though.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #28
JDNorthface
Account Disabled

Remember that part of Google's mission, by their own proclamation, is to tear down the walls of anonymity across the internet. Their own corporate officers have made public declarations that online anonymity is an archaic concept.

Why would anyone then believe that Google has developed, and is maintaining a product that does otherwise?

Does it work? Yes, sometimes. Is it buggy? You'd better believe it. Let the user beware.
JDNorthface is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #29
Summer70s
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 107877
Location: Atlanta, Birmingham, Chattanooga, Nashville, Charleston and Savannah
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Recommendation for another electronic solution besides google?

So... I am completely guilty of being a googlephile.
With that said, I screen my clients like no one's business, so I feel pretty solid.
However, Im looking for another solution that links emails to contacts and a calendar. Can you suggest something?

My email communications are made with a consulting addy and no incriminating info. I like to schedule from emails with a connected contact list and calendar.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy Mariposa View Post
Google *ANYTHING* is bad for the hobby. The fact women use it for work astounds me more than words can express.

Google voice is also awful for letting numbers "slip" as Tilly mentioned.

Burn phones are piss easy - walk into Walmart and buy a SmartTalk right off the shelf. Pitch it in the garbage, go to a different Walmart, buy another one.
Summer70s is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #30
italia
BANNED

User ID: 94643
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandalee View Post
I love google voice, it comes in handy when you need to block any annoying guys harrasing me.

How do you block
italia is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women