Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59841
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 11-21-2018, 09:21 PM   #1
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1
Default For the edification of Munchy

It is utterly stupifying that anyone so ignorant of the basic mechanism that drives climate and weather on this planet would dare to argue climate change. The very fact that a citation would be asked for or needed about why we have our seasons illustrates a complete lack of knowledge or understanding of the issue. The citations provided concerning the earths expanding orbit have absolutely nothing to do with seasons on earth. Using those citations as if they say anything about our seasons says that you don't understand those citations to begin with.
Perhaps this will help?

https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/seasons/en/
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:09 PM   #2
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Can you read? Do you know what context means?
Obviously not.

Show a quote from me that proves anything you're saying.
That why citing is so important.

It keeps bald-face liars, such as yourself, from obtaining credibility. You can say anything you want, but even with the information on this site and easily researchable, you fail to deliver.
You flap gums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducbutter View Post
It is utterly stupifying that anyone so ignorant of the basic mechanism that drives climate and weather on this planet would dare to argue climate change. The very fact that a citation would be asked for or needed about why we have our seasons illustrates a complete lack of knowledge or understanding of the issue. The citations provided concerning the earths expanding orbit have absolutely nothing to do with seasons on earth.Who said they did? Other than ll? Pointing out our warmest weather occurs when we are farthest away from the sun was in direct contradiction to him claiming the orbit was affecting the weather. The citations prove the orbit is changing but at a small rate that doesn't affect our climate. Using those citations as if they say anything about our seasons says that you don't understand those citations to begin with.
Perhaps this will help?

https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/seasons/en/
The fact is, you don't quote me in the context of my reply to a specific statement.
Since you think I claim our orbit has a major effect on our seasons, it's easy. Show a quote where I say that.
Simple right? Put up or shut up.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:40 PM   #3
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Here is your quote where attempt to tie the two concepts together.

" Our warmest weather, in this hemisphere, occurs when the Earth is furthest in its orbit from the Sun. In other words, our orbit around the Sun is expanding."

There is absolutely no correlation between the seasons and an expanding orbit. The tilt of the earth's axis is what drives the seasons. The article I cited says exactly that.

I also notice you attempt to insult me by calling me a bald faced liar. I think that kind of speach is prohibited in this forum these days. I think I need to report it to a MOD. Nah, that'd be a purely bitch move.
I'm sure you'll be offended by my response and want to report me to a MOD yourself. That's fine but, before you do that take a look at my post count here and ask yourself if you think I really give a fuck.
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 04:57 AM   #4
00 gauge
Lifetime Premium Access

So many on this board get so heated and offer such ridiculous viewpoints to support their agendas that it seems so silly to complicate such a simple process ..... absolutely there is such a thing as global warming (but for most of us, it's known as climate change) ..... it's most commonly known as summer ..... and then three months later the climate changes again and it becomes fall ..... three months after that winter arrives ..... and 3 months later spring arrives ..... followed by 3 months later it's suddenly summer again ..... it's a vicious cycle, far too complicated for most like Munchmasterman to understand .....
00 gauge is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:45 AM   #5
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 gauge View Post
So many on this board get so heated and offer such ridiculous viewpoints to support their agendas that it seems so silly to complicate such a simple process ..... absolutely there is such a thing as global warming (but for most of us, it's known as climate change) ..... it's most commonly known as summer ..... and then three months later the climate changes again and it becomes fall ..... three months after that winter arrives ..... and 3 months later spring arrives ..... followed by 3 months later it's suddenly summer again ..... it's a vicious cycle, far too complicated for most like Munchmasterman to understand .....
Why does James Mattiss Secretary of Defense think its a real concern. Why does the DOD see it as a major future threat? Are they a bunch of liberal conservative whack jobs
themystic is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:57 AM   #6
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

I also notice you attempt to insult me by calling me a bald faced liar. I think that kind of speach is prohibited in this forum these days. I think I need to report it to a MOD. Nah, that'd be a purely bitch move.
I'm sure you'll be offended by my response and want to report me to a MOD yourself. That's fine but, before you do that take a look at my post count here and ask yourself if you think I really give a fuck.
He called you a liar because you lied about what he said. Not sure why you are crying about that.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:22 PM   #7
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Being concerned about climate change does not that they it is man caused which is the default mode of the radical environmentalist.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:19 AM   #8
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Font colors.
Red= My original
Blue=My new comments
Green-His comments
Black- Your comments
All of the quotes I include come from 1 of the 3 links I previously included.

He said;

and he's not caused "global warming" because there is no such thing ...

Close to a hundred % of scientists agree there is some global warming. The amount and the cause are the big debate subjects.

He said:
apart from the NATURAL EVOLUTION of the Earth's changes in temperature brought on by proximity to the Sun

I said
“The Moon is moving away from the Earth by the same mechanism that makes the Earth move farther from the Sun. Our warmest weather, in this hemisphere, occurs when the Earth is furthest in its orbit from the Sun. In other words, our orbit around the Sun is expanding.”

Proximity to the sun implies the distance from the sun affects temperature. The earth’s obit is an elipse. It’s not round like the moon’s. I pointed out proximity has nothing to do with the temp. The example I gave was the earth, in our hemishpere, is warmest when at maximum distance from the sun. And if proximity was a factor for temp, our elliptical orbit is increasing each year and should be trending down if anything. The same mechanism (tidal force) increases the orbits of the moon around the earth and the earth around the sun.

He said
and gradual modification of the Earth's rotation and axis that is attributable to the Moon's ever changing orbit around the Earth.
I said;
The wobble in our axis is causing things to warm up? Sorry. It's the exact opposite (plus mantle movement and post-glacial rebound-think ass lifted off a mattress and it rebounds).
Global warming is reducing the weight of the ice on Greenland. Think tire rotation.
We are losing one of the balance weights.

The moon has very little effect on the rotation of earth. After 100 years, our day will be @ 2 milliseconds longer. The moon’s orbit is very stable as is it’s rotation on it’s axis. Because the axis is stable, we only see one side of the moon. The rate of rotation is exactly the same as the time it takes to go around the earth. The orbit is increasing in size by about 4 centimeters each year. That’s because;
“The Moon's orbit (its circular path around the Earth) is indeed getting larger, at a rate of about 3.8 centimeters per year. (The Moon's orbit has a radius of 384,000 km.) I wouldn't say that the Moon is getting closer to the Sun, specifically, though--it is getting farther from the Earth, so, when it's in the part of its orbit closest to the Sun, it's closer, but when it's in the part of its orbit farthest from the Sun, it's farther away.
The reason for the increase is that the Moon raises tides on the Earth. Because the side of the Earth that faces the Moon is closer, it feels a stronger pull of gravity than the center of the Earth. Similarly, the part of the Earth facing away from the Moon feels less gravity than the center of the Earth. This effect stretches the Earth a bit, making it a little bit oblong. We call the parts that stick out "tidal bulges." The actual solid body of the Earth is distorted a few centimeters, but the most noticable effect is the tides raised on the ocean.
Now, all mass exerts a gravitational force, and the tidal bulges on the Earth exert a gravitational pull on the Moon. Because the Earth rotates faster (once every 24 hours) than the Moon orbits (once every 27.3 days) the bulge tries to "speed up" the Moon, and pull it ahead in its orbit. The Moon is also pulling back on the tidal bulge of the Earth, slowing the Earth's rotation. Tidal friction, caused by the movement of the tidal bulge around the Earth, takes energy out of the Earth and puts it into the Moon's orbit, making the Moon's orbit bigger (but, a bit pardoxically, the Moon actually moves slower!).
The Earth's rotation is slowing down because of this. One hundred years from now, the day will be 2 milliseconds longer than it is now.”

The weight of the ice that Greenland has lost in the 20th century is significant.
“The traditional explanation is that one process, glacial rebound, is responsible for this motion of Earth's spin axis. But recently, many researchers have speculated that other processes could have potentially large effects on it as well," said first author Surendra Adhikari of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California. "We assembled models for a suite of processes that are thought to be important for driving the motion of the spin axis. We identified not one but three sets of processes that are crucial -- and melting of the global cryosphere (especially Greenland) over the course of the 20thcentury is one of them."
In general, the redistribution of mass on and within Earth -- like changes to land, ice sheets, oceans and mantle flow -- affects the planet's rotation. As temperatures increased throughout the 20thcentury, Greenland's ice mass decreased. In fact, a total of about 7,500 gigatons -- the weight of more than 20 million Empire State Buildings -- of Greenland's ice melted into the ocean during this time period. This makes Greenland one of the top contributors of mass being transferred to the oceans, causing sea level to rise and, consequently, a drift in Earth's spin axis”

And the proven Earth temperature changes BEFORE MAN started his first wood fire.

You said;
I'm not sure if you just phrased it poorly or if you actually don't have a grasp on the mechanics involved but a slightly expanding orbit is not remotely involved in our seasons. I made no mention of seasons anywhere. I made no claim an expanding orbit had anything to do with seasons or temp. Earth's orbit is elliptical. Yes, it is true that we are farther from the sun during our summers in the northern hemisphere. The reason for increased summer temperatures is due to our axis of rotation being tilted towards the sun. Consequently, during the summer the northern hemisphere receives more direct sunlight. Notice that the sun is higher in the sky in those months. During our winters the sunlight is more oblique as we are tilted away from from the sun. Yes, I knew all that
Interesting articles you cited but you seem to be conflating two different concepts.
Also, Greenland has gained around a trillion tons of ice and snow in the last 2 years. Based on forcasts I've seen I'll wager it will gain more this year as well. If the AMO is going into it's cool phase, as some scientists claim, you can certainly expect more of that. Will that make it warmer or colder? How will that affect the earth's axis of rotation?
If the angle of the axis shifts, it depends on how much and in what way to determine whether it gets hotter or colder. I haven’t seen anything indicating the angle is shifting. Increased weight near the poles increases “wooble”. The cite I included about “wobble” concerned the 20th century. I didn’t include or need to include amouts of ice because I was describing how it (wooble) worked, not how much there was.
Quote:
Here is your quote where attempt to tie the two concepts together.

" Our warmest weather, in this hemisphere, occurs when the Earth is furthest in its orbit from the Sun. In other words, our orbit around the Sun is expanding."

There is absolutely no correlation between the seasons and an expanding orbit. The tilt of the earth's axis is what drives the seasons. The article I cited says exactly that.

Old 11-24-2018, 09:53 AM   #9
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Actually, most of us know what you barely stammered out as "seasonal change" or changing of the seasons.
Using your model, why isn't spring global warming too? How do you go from winter to summer without warming first?

In Texas, spring, fall, and winter only add up to @ 4 months total
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 gauge View Post
Or you.

I like it when simple folks try to point out my shortcomings. You just have a way of bringing a smile to my face and making me feel better about myself.
Thank you.

You can't accurately describe a wrong answer. And who is the "us" you speak for?

Must be trumpys.
Old 11-24-2018, 09:57 AM   #10
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

You know what makes me laugh out loud?

2 people liked a post that makes no sense whatsoever. A post by a college "professor".

Come on, you're up waco.

Bahahaaaaaa/

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn View Post
Being concerned about climate change does not that they it is man caused which is the default mode of the radical environmentalist.
Old 11-24-2018, 10:56 AM   #11
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

When is that edification going to start?

And this is the funny part, who is going to do it?
Old 11-24-2018, 01:01 PM   #12
Lantern2814
Valued Poster

You mean that global warming HOAX where the scientists got caught red handed FALSIFYING data? Gee, weren't the polar ice caps supposed to be gone and NYC and other cities underwater by now? All the doomsday predictions have been laughably wrong for years now. All the REAL scientists say is the only thing they know is that they don't know.
Lantern2814 is offline   Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 01:09 PM   #13
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

That's all off topic and just opinion.
Start a thread and we can knock holes in it a point at a time.
Make sure you have some links ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern2814 View Post
You mean that global warming HOAX where the scientists got caught red handed FALSIFYING data? Gee, weren't the polar ice caps supposed to be gone and NYC and other cities underwater by now? All the doomsday predictions have been laughably wrong for years now. All the REAL scientists say is the only thing they know is that they don't know.
Old 11-24-2018, 01:20 PM   #14
Lantern2814
Valued Poster

Don't like facts do you? Not my problem. If you don't remember all the stories about the falsifying of data, also not my problem. Not opinion, fact. Do your own work, I'm not a secretary. Can't knock holes in any of what I posted. All fact whether you like it or not.
Lantern2814 is offline   Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 01:34 PM   #15
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

I remember those all as being debunked or anecdotal in one way or another.

I'll start another thread.
Just to debunk you.
That's for me, not you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern2814 View Post
Don't like facts do you? Not my problem. If you don't remember all the stories about the falsifying of data, also not my problem. Not opinion, fact. Do your own work, I'm not a secretary. Can't knock holes in any of what I posted. All fact whether you like it or not.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women