Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 02-22-2017, 09:34 AM   #16
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Investor Edward Lampert purchased Kmart out of bankruptcy in 2003 and bought Sears, Roebuck & Co. a year later. Since 2004 Sears Holdings operates both Kmart and Sears stores.

As a connected topic, Warren Buffet recently sold all shares of Walmart, which had been owned for many years. A revealing comment, "Have you ever heard of a successful retail turnaround ?"
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:00 AM   #17
Oralist
Premium Access

Encounters: 128

They had good tools and appliances. Everything else was crap. Now you can buy good appliances and tools at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Why go to Sears when Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart and Target are closer to home. I haven't shopped at Sears in at least 30 years.
Oralist is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:31 AM   #18
DocHolyday
Valued Poster

Encounters: 68

In the mid 80's, I went to Sears to purchase a battery for my 1968 Roadrunner. They offerd free installation with purchase. I'm like cool. An hour later I come back for my car and find some brain dead IDIOT in the garage had drilled holes in my firewall and dash, and installed a "free" battery monitor on my dash! I blew a gasket!! Several!!

I asked the service Mgr. WTF was a battery monitor doing mounted on the dash of my classic muscle car?? He replied don't worry sir, it's free! I told him "free my ass!!! Somebody is paying to remove the battery monitor and repair the hole in my firewall and install a new dashboard on my car!! Long story short, I wound up filing a lawsuit against Sears, the IDIOT mechanic and the IDIOT Service Mgr. for the damages. After 2 years, I finally got the car repaired at Sear's expense. I have never been back in a Sears store since and never will. If there are any Sears executives out there reading this...F@#* YOU & Sears!!!!!
DocHolyday is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:31 PM   #19
Still-Naughty
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

I just wish they would let go of the Craftsman brand.. I know Kmart sells it now because they squired Sears but in all actuality Craftsman is the only reason I give a shit about Sears....

Craftsman is a good value for home tools IMO. For professional use.. 100% Snap-On
Still-Naughty is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:23 PM   #20
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

^^^^^ lowes Kobalt will soon pass craftsman....or craftsman will fall below Kobalt however you want to look at it

:::::::::

i do all my own work....but in college my vehicle was wondering and ultimately i needed a centerlinck. i didn't really have an easy way to do it myself but eventually did.

but i stopped by sears to have the front end guy take a look and give an estimate. i told them i needed to thinck about it...wasn't much money really.

but i drove away...pulled out on the highway....noticed my oil pressure gauge was pointing at zero like a wet dick

i knew i had oil pressure at 60 mph....no blown engine

so at home i slide under....mofo disconnected the gauge sender.. ..and you know why.
GlobeSpotter is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:24 AM   #21
Still-Naughty
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter View Post
^^^^^ lowes Kobalt will soon pass craftsman....or craftsman will fall below Kobalt however you want to look at it

:::::::::

i knew i had oil pressure at 60 mph....no blown engine

Yeah I actually like Husky or Kobalt but either are good.

What a dick head that guy.. but hey I have seen engines go a little while on the highway with no oil... but not the aluminum headed ones (which is most all now days..)
Old 02-24-2017, 06:37 AM   #22
chicagoboy
Ribbed, For Her Pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-Naughty View Post
I just wish they would let go of the Craftsman brand..
Sears announced last month that it is selling the Craftsman brand to Stanley Black & Decker.
chicagoboy is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:44 AM   #23
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

at SN...yeah i agree. ijs with no dumbass light....just a gauge....if a guys set on cruise at 60 for a while an notices no oil pressure....he's probably got oil pressure.

hence every car should have a low oil p light even if it has a gauge. really...every measured variable should have both value indication and low/high warning as applicable.

all my new vehicles do....but that one.....factory gauges only
Old 02-24-2017, 10:41 AM   #24
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Sears used to be fantastic for returning tools. I guess you didn't want to visit the auto center. And you didn't want them to come to your home to make repairs.

Now JC Penney is dying too...
Old 02-24-2017, 11:12 AM   #25
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

i have three tools to warranty....update tomorrow
Old 02-24-2017, 11:39 AM   #26
VitaMan
Valued Poster

I had a summer job doing construction. I don't know how many drills and jigsaws we returned to Sears that summer, but they immediately replaced them all.

Always overheated them by making them work too fast........!!
Old 02-24-2017, 12:14 PM   #27
Still-Naughty
Valued Poster

I have never had an issue walking into Sears and having a tool warrantied.

Also, @ GS I agree with your comment about oil pressure gauges/instrumentation... but then again, does that really even matter to general public. I had once seen a client destroy the bottom end of her car (oil pan) via pothole and proceeded to drive until the engine basically melted itself together... had 3700 miles on it, and it was a $160k car
Old 02-24-2017, 01:38 PM   #28
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

^^^^ jaja opposite a guy in my high school. parents bought him a new firebird at 16...at 18 his engine ceased and the dealer told him there was no oil in the pan....asked him when where how often he changed the oil.

he asked them...."what's oil?"

good thing it was the cheap trim....not a trans am.

parents took the trade less target motor swap and got him a new car.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:40 PM   #29
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21
Default Sears House sales

Interesting note about Sears , they used to, in the early 1900's, sell via their catalog a complete house. It would be shipped to the purchaser via train / freight car. I know of a person that owns on of those houses. And it's still in great shape after having been erected in 1924 about 200 yards off a main train route through south Texas. All wood-floors walls, ceiling- and made of oak. There were multiple floor plans available in the catalog. Google search " Sears homes " for some interesting pictures.
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:25 PM   #30
Still-Naughty
Valued Poster

Interesting Rey..... a while back (maybe still is) there was an ad listed on texasguntrader.com of some guns owned (and used) by Charles Whitman in that shooting... reason I bring this up was the sawed off 12 gauge was a sears and roebuck co model shotgun... I had no idea they branded their own guns

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women