Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70415
biomed160569
Yssup Rider59929
gman4452928
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47545
pyramider46370
bambino40322
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35368
Mojojo33117

Old 06-22-2022, 10:05 AM   #1
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 81
Default Stock moves

So, with all the up-heave in the market place- I was looking to start a civil discussion on where ppl are moving stocks in the short or long term. I've moved a few of my sub 20.00 dollar holdings out and into higher dividend yielding holdings, and a few in the oil and gas sector, but feel those likely will not be long term interests. I like AR, CLR, and chevron, but wanted to get some input from any other's as to where you are targeting?

REITs?
Bonds?
short plays?
Long plays?

Shorts?

What you got?
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 11:26 AM   #2
jmichael
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
So, with all the up-heave in the market place- I was looking to start a civil discussion on where ppl are moving stocks in the short or long term. I've moved a few of my sub 20.00 dollar holdings out and into higher dividend yielding holdings, and a few in the oil and gas sector, but feel those likely will not be long term interests. I like AR, CLR, and chevron, but wanted to get some input from any other's as to where you are targeting?

REITs?
Bonds?
short plays?
Long plays?

Shorts?
What you got?
These are the stocks I own, ABML, ALLY, ARCC, BAC, DCP, ECC, HAL, JPM, METV, NAVI, NRZ, OXLC, PYPL, SYN,T, WBD.
I usually buy long term, 3 to 5 year hold.
I usually buy option (LEAPS) for my short term trading, holding, F, Ally, and to my regret TLRY.
I prefer dividend paying stocks, But will buy anything. lates buys were Hal, DCP.
Watching; GT, VALE, KRP, FTAI, KOF, PARA to name a few.

I highly recommend I-Bonds, from the treasury,( inflation protected )currently, paying 9.62% for six months if bought by Sept 30th.
jmichael is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 04:38 PM   #3
Dr-epg

Encounters: 45

Moved to the correct forum
Dr-epg is online now   Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 04:45 PM   #4
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:

REITs?
Bonds?
short plays?
Long plays?

Shorts?

What you got?
... JMichael might have some good ideas there, mate.

The onley advice that I'll give - is to BE CAUTIOUS.

### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 07:28 PM   #5
Chase7
Valued Poster

IBonds when inflation is high. I have an adviser and I’m fucked even my bond funds. You have to stay pat now if you didn’t get out. I have cash at Ally Bank .90% right now and will go up most banks pay like .03%
Chase7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 12:17 AM   #6
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:

REITs?
Bonds?
short plays?
Long plays?

Shorts?

What you got?
I will preface this with saying I don't think this is the best place to get investment advice (there are good investment forums / sites) and people need to do their own research on any names mentioned.

I own too many to name. But in general I have been taking some profits the last 6 months and am now sitting on more cash than I have been for a long time. Now I am still well invested but instead of keeping x amount of cash for opportunities that arise, I am probably 4 times that amount. So I am practicing patience given the state of the economy

As to what, well that is going to depend on each individual, their stage in life, risk tolerance level, size of a nest egg, etc. That is why just tossing out names is dangerous. For me, I have been heavily focused on growing dividend income the last 10 years or so. Hence I own in no particular order

* REITS
* BDCs
* A few Energy related stocks (EPD, EVA, OKE, CVX)
* A very healthy allocation to different individual preferred stocks
* A few baby bonds
* Solid Dividend Paying Dividend Aristocrats
* A few higher yielding more risky dividend payors

Basically if it doesn't pay me a dividend or interest, I don't own it

I make opportune buys as they present themselves (like recently when certain investment grade preferreds hit a certain yield) but not sure there is any I could recommend now as these buying opportunities come and go as preferreds are more thinly traded

I did start some very small positions in ARE, PLD and LNC this week (first 2 are quality reits that have sold off a lot) but I am not confident they have finished selling off or not - so I just took a starter position. SPG is another reit that is attractive after selling off but I own enough of it from when I bought it during the covid crash. Finally I have started watching AVGO which has now dipped to around $500/ share after I sold my covid crash position in it at the end of December at $671. It's one I want to own again but it still could drop more if the market keeps tanking so if I add, it will be in small amounts now

As far as I-Bonds go, yes the yield is a great rate now for no risk. But you do lock yourself into a holding period of at least one year (and if held less than 5 years you forfeit the last 3 months of interest) and you are limited to $10K a year per person (you can squeeze a bit more if you take your income tax return in a paper I-bond). Depending on the size of your portfolio, the $10K annual limit may not make them worthwhile. That said they are attractive to park cash right now and I moved some funds that were part of my safe cash equivalent allocation and bought some I-bond both last October and this past January since they would have just been in lower yielding cash equivalents
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 12:22 AM   #7
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase7 View Post
IBonds when inflation is high. I have an adviser and I’m fucked even my bond funds. You have to stay pat now if you didn’t get out. I have cash at Ally Bank .90% right now and will go up most banks pay like .03%
Chase - depending on how long you plan to hold that cash, you may want to consider two other options

1. Bask Bank rates are up to 1.61% compared to Ally's .90%
2. If you don't think you need the funds for 9 to 12 months, the Treasury market has been jacked lately and you can buy US T-Bills on the secondary market (at least you can at Fidelity) yielding around 2.84% for 9 months and 3% for 12 months (obviously the rates fluctuate daily)
Old 06-23-2022, 11:18 AM   #8
jmichael
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

I will preface this with saying I don't think this is the best place to get investment advice (there are good investment forums / sites) and people need to do their own research on any names mentioned.
Dang berry, you sound like a lawyer at the end of a commercial. Personal don't think this is a place to get ANY advice on anything.
But to continue the discussion, what does everyone think of advisors.
personal I thing 90% of them are not wort the paper they push.
My reasoning; if they were that good they wouldn't need to be working, giving advice, they would follow their own and become rich.
If you have an advisor who only "advises", for a living and only make any money when you make money, please PM Her/His contact information to me
jmichael is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 05:38 AM   #9
Chase7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
Chase - depending on how long you plan to hold that cash, you may want to consider two other options

1. Bask Bank rates are up to 1.61% compared to Ally's .90%
2. If you don't think you need the funds for 9 to 12 months, the Treasury market has been jacked lately and you can buy US T-Bills on the secondary market (at least you can at Fidelity) yielding around 2.84% for 9 months and 3% for 12 months (obviously the rates fluctuate daily)
Thank you I’ll look into Bask. Ally just went to 1%, they are a very easy bank to deal with very good service if needed.

Synchrony Bank is paying 1.9%.

I look at it this way. My adviser charges me 1% Ally 1% that’s 2.

An advisor is a waste.She has me in 10 mutual funds and let’s them all ride, I can do that, oh well lm lazy.
She’s averaged me 7% now down to 4% thanks to sickening liberals.
Chase7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 09:22 AM   #10
DrivesAllDay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

I remember back in the 80s, telling my Dad he should buy stock in those new companies- Microsoft & Apple. He said NO, because "No one needs computers. Its a fad". Google goes public, I said he should buy stock in that, he said No, why would you buy stock in a search engine? He swore his Westinghouse stock was gonna soar someday. His investment advice to me, when I was a kid was, Get a job that has a pension plan. Note to past self- Don't take financial advice from your parents.
DrivesAllDay is offline   Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 11:35 AM   #11
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase7 View Post
Thank you I’ll look into Bask. Ally just went to 1%, they are a very easy bank to deal with very good service if needed.

Synchrony Bank is paying 1.9%.

I look at it this way. My adviser charges me 1% Ally 1% that’s 2.

An advisor is a waste.She has me in 10 mutual funds and let’s them all ride, I can do that, oh well lm lazy.
She’s averaged me 7% now down to 4% thanks to sickening liberals.
Yeah, in general I believe an advisor is a waste. Anyone worth their salt if they were that good, would not have to work as an advisor. As you note, most will put you in a mix of mutual funds. For most people who think they need assistance they would be far better off buying a mix of a handful of very low cost /low expense ratio Vanguard mutual funds. You will likely get better performance and save on costs.

For example - depending on where one is age wise, risk tolerance wise, etc most people if you are not an active investor would be best served in something like this

30% - 50% An S&P 500 Index Fund
20% - 30% An Extended Market Index Fund
10% - 20% A Balanced Active Fund like Vanguard Wellington Fund
10% - 15% A European or Overseas Index Fund
0% - 5% An Emerging Market Fund
10% - 30% A Bond Index Fund

Or if one is not comfortable with that, just put it all in a Target Retirement Fund matching your age

I have always managed my own money and used to manage large sums in an endowment fund at my last employer before retiring early - and I know I can execute my strategy and generate better returns than any advisor could for me (I focus mainly on individual equities).

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women