Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47436
pyramider46370
bambino40286
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 01-08-2017, 12:38 PM   #16
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
I'm not going to argue with you . . . again. You have your opinion on what works and it doesn't matter to you what anyone else states. I do not own or carry a gun and I feel 100% safe at all times. Unlike you, I don't get up on my soapbox and cite my opinion to influence others. People with guns can kill. Sometimes it is a good guy killing a bad guy. Sometimes a bad guy killing a good guy. Sometimes, very frequently, it is a good guy who may have been drinking a little too much and shoots another good guy. And then shoots himself. Very common scenario. Statistics show that in homes with a gun there is an increased risk of suicide or homicide.

To repeat, I don't care what decision you or anyone else makes regarding the ownership of a gun. I support your decision. What bothers me is that you judge my decision to not own a gun and think that the world will be a safer place if everyone carried, despite facts to the contrary.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/study-gu...homicide-risk/

http://www.slate.com/articles/health...s_suicide.html
Not really as common as you think. Accidents are more likely than a drunken shooting and no one said accidents don't happen. The FBI says that about 3 million times a year someone uses a weapon to protect themselves or others.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:49 PM   #17
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Not really as common as you think. Accidents are more likely than a drunken shooting and no one said accidents don't happen. The FBI says that about 3 million times a year someone uses a weapon to protect themselves or others.
firearm?

As an aside, if the little pantywaist doesn't have a "dog in the hunt," then why is he taking up band-width by commenting? Oh, wait!

I forgot.

He's from Austin!!!! Well....not really. Just outside of it!

He's a loudmouth, carpet bagger, who thinks he's smart!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:01 PM   #18
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I used "drunken shooter" but could have just as easily said "shooter". On Sunday in the paper there was a story of a man in Round Rock, Texas shooting his wife and then himself after an argument. Many such incidents are done under the influence of alcohol, just as many car deaths are done under the influence of alcohol. In Cedar Park, Texas, there have been 5 homicides inside the home in recent years -- 3 times a man shot and killed his SO and 2 times turned the gun on himself. And accidents certainly happen too.

I'd like you to cite a specific article released by the FBI or any other reputable organization that says about 3 million times a year someone uses a weapon to protect themselves or others.

Here are some articles which believe most claims that guns are used often in deterring crime are over stated:

". . .the Violence Policy Center released a fresh analysis of federal crime and health data that explores how often potential victims actually turned the tables. Parsing 2012 numbers, the center counted 259 justifiable gun-related homicides, or incidents in which authorities ruled that killings occurred in self-defense."

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opini...619-story.html

"The study, released Wednesday by the Violence Policy Center, found there were 258 justifiable homicides involving civilians using firearms in 2012, compared with 8,342 murders by gun. Even if a criminal isn’t shot down, the study found that civilians rarely use guns to protect themselves. “Intended victims of property crimes engaged in self-protective behavior with a firearm” only 0.1 percent of the times they were targeted by a crook."

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.706c960293b2

"What do these and so many other cases have in common? They are the byproduct of a tragic myth: that millions of gun owners successfully use their firearms to defend themselves and their families from criminals. Despite having nearly no academic support in public health literature, this myth is the single largest motivation behind gun ownership. It traces its origin to a two-decade-old series of surveys that, despite being thoroughly repudiated at the time, persists in influencing personal safety decisions and public policy throughout the United States."

Source: https://www.armedwithreason.com/debu...-gun-use-myth/

"We use epidemiological theory to explain why the “false positive” problem for rare events can lead to large overestimates of the incidence of rare diseases or rare phenomena such as self-defense gun use. We then try to validate the claims of many millions of annual self-defense uses against available evidence. We find that the claim of many millions of annual self-defense gun uses by American citizens is invalid."

Source: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/f...nse-gun-use-2/

As I said, I'd like you to cite data used in making your 3 million statement. I must be looking in the wrong place because I can't find it.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:03 PM   #19
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
He's a loudmouth, carpet bagger, who thinks he's smart!
Take out "carpet bagger" and replace it with "ignorant redneck hillbillly" and you just described yourself.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:36 PM   #20
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Take out "carpet bagger" and replace it with "ignorant redneck hillbillly" and you just described yourself.

May be you could squeeze a derringer into your ass with the lubricant, speedy... make sure it on safety...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hOcNoYchlI
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:29 PM   #21
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Take out "carpet bagger" and replace it with "ignorant redneck hillbillly" ....

... I know you'd like to be something other than a ignorant carpet bagger, but you'll never change .... I'm sorry I have more education than you do, but that's just the way it is. You might as well accept it and either try to get some more, or resign yourself to being less educated than many folks around you, which includes me!
Old 01-09-2017, 03:39 PM   #22
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
May be you could squeeze a derringer into your ass with the lubricant, speedy... make sure it on safety...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hOcNoYchlI
Great post!! Keep them coming.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:43 PM   #23
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
... I know you'd like to be something other than a ignorant carpet bagger, but you'll never change .... I'm sorry I have more education than you do, but that's just the way it is. You might as well accept it and either try to get some more, or resign yourself to being less educated than many folks around you, which includes me!
Since you rarely if ever, give us any detail as to your background, I have to assume you are full of shit. It's very easy to put yourself on a pedestal. I can back up, in detail, everything I've ever said about myself. Can you? Now would be a good starting point. Where did you go to school? What degrees do you have? What is your profession? Or are you all talk?

You can't even tell me where in Cedar Park I can look for a trailer park. Have you ever even been in Cedar Park?
Old 01-09-2017, 03:52 PM   #24
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Since you rarely if ever, give us any detail as to your background,....
I don't know who "us" is unless you are confessing to having multiple personalities .... but since you said you could kick my ass all the way to Houston back from Austin I just figured you knew all about me and my "background" (which would include THE FACT that I have more education than you do) ... and if you don't know THAT FACT ... then you just showed how stupid you are and ignorant for threatening to kick someone's ass .... when you didn't know a fucking thing about them .... even their education!!!

So, take your little carpet hand bag and head on up North and don't let the door hit you in the ass ......

Speaking of "ass" ... does your wife buy your story about you getting the "red ass" from riding your bicycle so much?

Or does she know better?
Old 01-10-2017, 07:22 AM   #25
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
I don't know who "us" is unless you are confessing to having multiple personalities .... but since you said you could kick my ass all the way to Houston back from Austin I just figured you knew all about me and my "background" (which would include THE FACT that I have more education than you do) ... and if you don't know THAT FACT ... then you just showed how stupid you are and ignorant for threatening to kick someone's ass .... when you didn't know a fucking thing about them .... even their education!!!

So, take your little carpet hand bag and head on up North and don't let the door hit you in the ass ......

Speaking of "ass" ... does your wife buy your story about you getting the "red ass" from riding your bicycle so much?

Or does she know better?
"Us" is everyone on this ECCIE forum.

Again, you talk big and produce NOTHING. Someday we will rid Texas of loudmouth ignorant redneck hillbillies like you and Texas will FINALLY move forward as it has in recent years due to the "carpetbaggers" who have moved into the state.

As proof, my kids went to Round Rock Westwood HS, one of the top public HSs in the state and nation. I guarantee you that 9 of the top 10 graduates last year were "carpetbaggers".

End of discussion on my part with you. Put up or shut up. You have never put up and I know you won't shut up.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:32 AM   #26
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
"Us" is everyone on this ECCIE forum.
So you are now the self-appointed spokesperson for the Forum?

That's interesting!

Little Boy I'm not the one threatening folks on here! You are!

I don't have to "put up" anything, because you ain't showin' up!

Any time you want to "run me out of the State" .... be my guest to try!

So your wife does buy your "red ass" on the bicycle story!
Old 01-10-2017, 08:40 AM   #27
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
... I'm sorry I have more education than you do, but that's just the way it is. You might as well accept it and either try to get some more, or resign yourself to being less educated than many folks around you, which includes me!
Quote:

Someday we will rid Texas of loudmouth ignorant redneck hillbillies like you and Texas will FINALLY move forward as it has in recent years due to the "carpetbaggers" who have moved into the state.
You keep bringing up your family ... now you've dragged your kids into a discussion on a hooker board!

Like I said:

I'm sorry I have more education than you do, but that's just the way it is.

And it keeps showing, duffus!

Sorry, carpetbagger, two Austin ISD schools score higher in the State than the one you could afford to put her kids in ... and Brownsville ISD scores better in the State. I also notice that you put your kids in a school that only scores about 67% on college readiness nationwide. No wonder you think you are so smart .... you keep the competition suppressed around you!
Old 01-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #28
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:

I'm sorry I have more education than you do, but that's just the way it is.

And it keeps showing, duffus!

Sorry, carpetbagger, two Austin ISD schools score higher in the State than the one you could afford to put her kids in ... and Brownsville ISD scores better in the State. I also notice that you put your kids in a school that only scores about 67% on college readiness nationwide. No wonder you think you are so smart .... you keep the competition suppressed around you!
Try checking out official HS rankings duffus, not some ratings done by the state of Texas. In the following, Westwood is ranked 48th IN THE WHOLE USA, with the only Texas HSs ranked higher being Edward S. Marcus HS, Plano West, and The School for the Talented and Gifted. If you eliminate those schools for which you have to qualify to gain admittance, Westwood HS would move up at least 10 places.

http://www.newsweek.com/high-schools...h-schools-2016

And if you take the time to look at the article, the college readiness ranking of Westwood is 85.9%. Slightly different than the ranking you stated.

And BTW, the state-produced report that gave Westwood HS a college readiness ranking of about 67% was preliminary with the final rankings not due out until 2018. Even with that negative, Westwood HS and Westlake HS were the highest ranked schools overall in Central Texas, both being given the highest possible ratings.

I assume when you state that two Austin ISD school score better in the state that you are referring to The Liberal Arts and Science Academy and the Richards School for Young Women Leaders. Nice try. That is comparing apples and oranges. Westwood HS is open to any student who lives within the school's boundaries. The Ann Richards School accepts about 30% of its applicants. Regarding the Liberal Arts and Science Academy, as stated on their website:

"By recruiting the most academically advanced students from public and private middle schools throughout the city, LASA is a diverse magnet school with scholars from every zip code in Austin."

So yes, both are excellent schools, but not really high schools that are available to the average student.

Still waiting for an iota of proof that you have more education than I do. This latest post certainly proves nothing.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:16 PM   #29
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Try checking out official HS rankings ........
I did. You really should be ashamed of yourself for settling in an area with lesser quality schools when you could have lived in the Austin ISD and provided a better foundational education for your family. But I suppose you have your priorities!

That alone is sufficient proof I have more (and better) education than you do. Then you take a list of better schools and start cutting some out above the one you selected for your family so it will make you look better! You don't. You show how ignorant and self-centered you are that's all.

67 percentile in the nation for college prep! Sad for your kids....are they struggle in life now?
Old 01-11-2017, 06:26 AM   #30
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
I did. You really should be ashamed of yourself for settling in an area with lesser quality schools when you could have lived in the Austin ISD and provided a better foundational education for your family. But I suppose you have your priorities!

That alone is sufficient proof I have more (and better) education than you do. Then you take a list of better schools and start cutting some out above the one you selected for your family so it will make you look better! You don't. You show how ignorant and self-centered you are that's all.

67 percentile in the nation for college prep! Sad for your kids....are they struggle in life now?
You can't be more ignorant if you tried. Ignorant redneck hillbilly. AISD has some of the worst schools in the state. One actually got shut down fairly recently. You can certainly get an excellent education at most of the AISD HSs but they come nowhere close to the average quality of education received at either Westwood or Westlake HSs.

My priority when moving here was to move into an area with excellent schools, which is exactly what I did. Laurel Mountain Elementary school -- rated exemplary. Canyon Vista Middle School -- rated exemplary. Westwood HS -- rated exemplary.

That alone should prove I am better educated than you are.

No, I don't compare apples to oranges. Only an ignorant redneck hillbilly would do so. No matter what criteria you use, Westwood HS is one of the most highly ranked HSs in the nation. Counting ALL HSs, I would say a ranking of 48 out of approximately 37,000 national HSs is pretty damn good.

You can go with the 67 percentile. I choose to go with the 86 percentile. And, BTW, my kids are doing fine in life. Thanks for asking. Ignorant redneck hillbilly.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women